Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2016/17 draw - Wednesday 29th June 1pm - Sky Sports News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm happy with Connacht group
    Would have preferred somewhere different in France to visit though

Wasp's is easy to get to thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Kanrith

I'm happy with that, could have been a lot worse for Munster and Ulster, and while it would be nice if we got Zebre, I'm happy Connacht got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Teferi wrote: »
    Saracens V Toulon.

I won't know which team I want to lose more.

Saracens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Happy with Leinsters group. Only wish it was somewhere different than Castre. Not a great place to visit. Looking forward to going to Montpellier again, love that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Delighted with that for Connacht. In airport at the moment when they picked Zebre out was saying in my head pool 2 pool 2. Had convinced myself it wouldn't be pool 2, when it was drawn jumped out and shouted yesss, got a few strange looks obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

From a Leinster perspective I'm happy enough with that. Got the best possible Tier 2 side and there isn't much between Leicester and Saints really. Would have preferred Zebre to Castres, but that's still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

anybody got any idea when the dates for the games will be announced? I have a couple of months work coming up in Toulouse, be great to be able to get to the Montpellier and Castres games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

wp_rathead wrote: »

First world problems eh?..

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Happy with Leinsters group. Only wish it was somewhere different than Castre. Not a great place to visit. Looking forward to going to Montpellier again, love that place.

I really wasn't impressed with Montpellier back in 2011. It was a pretty dull away trip as they go. There was a big bunch of us there and we managed to have a bit of craic but at no time over the weekend did the locals get involved really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

wp_rathead wrote: »

You poor little pet, you'll just have to console yourself with a trip to the stunning food capital of Italy for a bonus point victory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Saracens V Toulon.

They deserve each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭mjp

Any word on when fixtures released. Guessing it will depend on TV schedule breakdown between sky and BT

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

mjp wrote: »
    Any word on when fixtures released. Guessing it will depend on TV schedule breakdown between sky and BT

probably not until september when times and dates are finalised for the first 4 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

mjp wrote: »

Likely in August based on previous seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Saracens V Toulon.

This isn't even a question: Fernandez Ligind plays for Toulon!

Prediction:

Racing-Glasgow-Leicester-Munster Pool 1
    Connacht-Wasps-Toulouse-Zebre Pool 2
    Saracens-Toulon-Scarlets-Sale Pool 3
    Leinster-Montpellier-Saints-Castres Pool 4
    Exeter-Clermont-Ulster-Bordeaux Pool 5

Likely in August based on previous seasons

Yeah it was mid-August last season when the fixtures were announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭b.gud

Is it going to be called the Guinness Pro12 next year? They don't mention the sponsor name at all.

I'm guessing this is because Heineken are one of the sponsors of the Champions cup so they don't really want to be giving Guinness any free publicity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Prediction:

Racing-Glasgow-Leicester-Munster Pool 1
    Connacht-Wasps-Toulouse-Zebre Pool 2
    Saracens-Toulon-Scarlets-Sale Pool 3
    Leinster-Montpellier-Saints-Castres Pool 4
    Exeter-Clermont-Ulster-Bordeaux Pool 5
    No way two teams are coming out of ulsters group. Exeter ulster and Bordeaux will all beat each other and all lose away to clermont.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Very fair draw I think. Some pools tougher than others but no pools of death, though Saracens and Toulon have drawn each other neither team should have any problem getting 4 wins from that pool. Connacht given a big chance, should get 2 bonus point wins against Zebre and should be able to get 2 wins from Wasps and Toulouse if in the same form as last season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah it was mid-August last season when the fixtures were announced.

Confirmed.

Champions Cup ‏@ChampionsCup 11m11 minutes ago The 2016/17 #ChampionsCup fixtures will be announced in August. Date to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

would love munsters games to be these dates

Round 1- Sat 15th Oct 16- Racing (H)
    Round 2- Sat 22nd Oct 16- Leicster (A)
    Round 3- Fri 9th Dec 16- Glasgow (A)
    Round 4- Sun 18th Dec 16- Glasgow (H)
    Round 5- Sun 15 Jan 17- Racing (A)
    Round 6- Sun 22 Jan 17- Leicster (H)

carnival atmosphere in thomand Park if the opening game is against a star studded Racing team and of course ROG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Any idea when the fixtures are going to be announced? It was around this time last year they announced them last year if I recall. Hoping to get to see Munster in Glasgow and Paris, and possibly Leicester as well!

iv heard monday 15th but who knows with EPRC

If they want to show us that this is a better run competition etc, announcing fixtures in good time is pretty crucial. What is the hold up?

feck ya thomond you got my hopes up when i saw you'd posted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

We'll know Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

We'll know Friday!

The fixtures for the 2016/17 European Rugby Champions Cup and Challenge Cup season will be announced on Friday (19 August) at midday UK and Irish time

http://www.epcrugby.com/news/33253.php#.V7bZiTXD5aU

If they want to show us that this is a better run competition etc, announcing fixtures in good time is pretty crucial. What is the hold up?

Getting a title sponsor for the Fixture Announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Advertisement