Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime Time Special on Console

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He is probably on the way back to Oz and NZ as we speak.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

More revelations expected tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

More revelations expected tonight.

Good details here...

http://www.rte.ie/news/investigations-unit/2016/0628/798815-console-the-audit/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Its all sad. We need serious regulation in this field. Damages the genuiness of the need of services.
    Service still best provided by NGO's but must be regulated fully.
    At any sort of size, audited accounts surely. without them, no operating licience or Govn't funds.

M

How the hell is Kelly still running the charity, does the regulator have no power at all? Shocking the final piece from RTÉ "According to the draft report, files went missing from locked cabinets in the offices of Console last weekend."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It seems we already have a charity regulator. Who'd have thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

The charity is located in a house owned by Paul Kelly so its his property to enter whenever he likes until such time as legal action is taken to preserve the crime scene.

I read that the Gardai entered the premises to interview staff but there is no mention of the Criminal Assets Bureau as yet.This is embezzlement so I can't understand why he was still allowed to go into the office at all.

The HSE have serious questions to answer,it appears to me anyway that the only reason action is being taken is because Primetime had enough factual information to present the programme.All of a sudden we have HSE auditors,the charity regulator, and the Gardai going in,why wasn't the spending on holidays,cars,designer clothing picked up before now.If the HSE provided millions in funding surely they should have been given copies of the accounts so they can do their job and watch where tax payers money is being spent.How can we be confident that the same financial situation isn't happening in other Charities which are receiving huge sums of Public money too.

Why haven't the Board members been asked to leave immediately,who are they anyway,surely we should be given that information now.No one in console can not be aware that the Charities money was used to buy a car costing 57,000 euros for the founders wife.Also if people were travelling a lot on holidays or on official business surely this would be noted and the accounts examined to see how much was being spent.

I am very angry this morning,we have all been made utter fools of and someone in the HSE needs to accept responsibility for this if we are to have any confidence in how that organisation takes care of taxpayers money.

Its all in good hands now though and it will never happen again,where are we at with Rehab does anyone know.

No stone is going to be left unturned and we are appointing a special postman pat to open envelopes and we are changing the way cheques are lodged,is this it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0629/798928-console/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Strange to see that the independent isn't giving this scandal much coverage - its not even on their online site anymore despite all the new information.

I wonder if there's some connection with someone in the indo as usually they'd be all over something like this with wild hysterical headlines and digging left right and centre looking for more angles.

Very strange

Shane Ross is now in Govn't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The regulator is relatively new, afaik.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Shane Ross is now in Govn't

There's something else there - indo did a soft story on 23rd and nothing since.

Nothing in the hysterical either (herald) - this is totally out of character for indo for such a huge scandal.

Top story in times, top on rte, top on tv3, top in examiner. Buried in indo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

VincePP wrote: »
    Strange to see that the independent isn't giving this scandal much coverage - its not even on their online site anymore despite all the new information.

I wonder if there's some connection with someone in the indo as usually they'd be all over something like this with wild hysterical headlines and digging left right and centre looking for more angles.

Very strange

The articles are there, they just aren't on the front page. I'm not sure this story fits into the tabloid scapegoating agenda. Harping on Kelly is pointless and will only discourage people from contributing to charities. The problem lies with HSE/charity regulation and HSE problems are for slow news days.

And underfunded.

VincePP wrote: »

Very strange

Don't think so. I was on it at 5:30 this morning and it was one of the top stories, with 3 links about it. I'm not really a fan of website's layout as it's a bit 'busy', but that's another thread.

M

October 2014 was setup, while it may not have been possible to fully check all organisations in thst time you would think the multimillion operations would have been first on their list and top of thst list would have been those with serious allegations floating around for years.

Yes Atlantic, the staff numbers are being increased, I believe.
    Its so many years late. This has been pointed out many years ago. Nothing new there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

The Data Commissioners office has had a big increase in staff numbers and the head of that office is busy concerning herself about Dublin City Council posting photos of people caught illegally dumping.Talk about getting our priorities right.

Don't think so. I was on it at 5:30 this morning and it was one of the top stories, with 3 links about it. I'm not really a fan of website's layout as it's a bit 'busy', but that's another thread.

Yes, finally another story on it, but again not exactly damning when you look at the disgusting behaviour of kelly and his family.

I'm guessing that there's some connection with some indo journalists for such soft treatment - especially when you look at the treatment they doled out to the CRC ceo who actually ran a very large organisation and only "crime" was getting a good salary commensurate with similar roles in the private arena.

Not saying that she should have been paid such a high salary, but the kellys scammed Console amd stuck 2 fingers up to counsellors and those who donated. (myself included)

Advertisement