Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Restrictions on games

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

That whole "video games make people violent" is a load of bull!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes you are. There is no scientific link between exposure to violent games and violent acts perpetrated by the person. None. Zilch. Nada. Not a one. So you are making a massive, grand canyon style leap in your analysis.

In fairness, you seem to be making this leap, not PetKing. What PetKing said was:
    "Graphic violence can leave horrible mental scars on children's psyche."
    Can leave mental scars is not the same as makes them violent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I seem to recall history is littered with massive losses of life, and mainly during the centuries prior to the development of video games.

Age ratings are there for a reason, parents should use them.
    If a parent goes against that advise they have to assume responsibility for their child playing that game.

People will always they to scapegoat something to try to offload their own failing their child.
    That has been everything from music, to chips peers, film and now games.
    But the parent is responsible, so should grow a pair and take that responsibility seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes you are. There is no scientific link between exposure to violent games and violent acts perpetrated by the person. None. Zilch. Nada. Not a one. So you are making a massive, grand canyon style leap in your analysis.

I agree with your views 100%. Quote my supposed leap, and I'll help to clarify your misinterpretation.

Advertisement