Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Maintenance on Rental Property

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I have the opposite opinion, I have better things for doing on my weekends than looking after someone else's garden.

The garden you're renting along with the house?

Graham wrote: »
    The garden you're renting along with the house?

Yes, the garden that comes with the house. I don't own it and if I can get someone else to look after it (which is the case my LL deals with it or gets someone to deal with it) then I'm much happier.

Totally different if it was my own home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

A related question... the neighborhood where I rent a semi-D pays someone to cut the grass in the common areas and requests each homeowner/landlord to pitch in 50 euro toward that. The lady who came to the door to hand out the notice this year says that if the landlord will not pay it, they expect the renter to. Something about that sounds wrong. I also asked another resident who said they used to be involved, and only about half the houses pay. Nothing about this charge is written into the lease. What's customary?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

I have the opposite opinion, I have better things for doing on my weekends than looking after someone else's garden.

Indeed, expecting your landlord to come around and cut the grass is a bit like expecting them to come over an hoover your floors as well. That said, I would expect a landlord to provide a lawnmower to do the job.

Advertisement