Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nilfisk C120 6-6 Amazon lightening deal.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

The last time you put up about a bargain I ended up shopping! I'm trying not to click the link as I know I'll end up pressing the "add to basket" button......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ianobrien wrote: »
    The last time you put up about a bargain I ended up shopping! I'm trying not to click the link as I know I'll end up pressing the "add to basket" button......

LOL

Go on.

GO ON

GO ON..!!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I have a nilfisk c120 but the hose reel on that makes it very appealing for storage. Does anyone know if the plug is also on a reel? or like a hoover where you pull it out etc.? or does the plug just have it's wire exposed all the time?

Not planning to change til my current one dies, but i do find it a tad annoying how messy it looks when you put it away and it's just got wires and such all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The cable / hose reel does make it look very tidy in fairness. Is the one in vectra's link and that one in Argos the same machine? The Argos one looks better or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭Ryath

I have a nilfisk c120 but the hose reel on that makes it very appealing for storage. Does anyone know if the plug is also on a reel? or like a hoover where you pull it out etc.? or does the plug just have it's wire exposed all the time?

Not planning to change til my current one dies, but i do find it a tad annoying how messy it looks when you put it away and it's just got wires and such all over the place.

Just the hose is on the reel. It's easy enough wrap up the cable neatly the hose is trickier though so I can see the appeal of the hose reel. Posted about it in this thread had seen some comments about the hose real making the machine hard to drain for winter and top heavy so inclined to fall over easily.
    JoeA3 wrote: »
    The cable / hose reel does make it look very tidy in fairness. Is the one in vectra's link and that one in Argos the same machine? The Argos one looks better or am I wrong?

The machines are identicle just the argos one has a 2m longer hose, hose real and a couple of extra nozzels car/bicycle which I'm not sure is any more use than the variable pressure nozzel and a 90degree one which actually could be handy. So I suppose it is a better buy than the amazon one at current prices. Anyone get it on lightning deals what price was it? They often repeat them after a few days.

I ended up getting a C130 in argos. Aircooled induction motor so much quiter and should last a lot longer. Very pleased with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

It is at £99 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I bought one of these last week - the Argos version. Overall I'm happy with it, it seems decent for the price.

It feels a bit light and plasticky and it's easy to topple over - the hose reel makes it a bit top heavy. The actual power is OK, it's absolutely fine for washing the car but I wouldn't like to be trying to clean paths or anything that requires a bit more juice. My Dad's karcher would be significantly more powerful (but it was also significantly more expensive!).

Overall (assuming it stays reliable) I'll say it's not a bad machine for the relatively small cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have one of these for the last 2 years or so. Grand for washing the car and driveway but as Joe said it struggles a little power wise with the driveway. Haven't had a single issue with it since I bought it.

Advertisement