Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Economics 2016 ... predictions, guesses and discussion.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Johno2474

Did anybody do the costs question? I think I did it wrong. I got like a u shaped marginal cost curve

Not the only one what did you sy on what factors influence competitiveness of a firm in Irish economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

F***ing hell, what a handy paper! Thought I was gonna get a B3 max going in because I was burnt out but now I'd be surprised if I got below an A2. Think everything was correct except like an idiot I drew the monopoly curve instead of the oligopoly curve. I did the specs analysis properly but I forgot to put a kinked AR/Demand curve, which is odd cos' I effing mentioned Sweezy's model during my answer. If everything else was right will I still get some marks for the graph?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

Johno2474 wrote: »
    Not the only one what did you sy on what factors influence competitiveness of a firm in Irish economy

Cost of production- wage rates, transport costs, value of euro versus other currencies, and inflation rate. Crap was that supposed to be like competitiveness between Irish firms on the Irish market or could you talk about on the international market too?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Johno2474

Cost of production- wage rates, transport costs, value of euro versus other currencies, and inflation rate. Crap was that supposed to be like competitiveness between Irish firms on the Irish market or could you talk about on the international market too?

You can say that aswell I think they just phrase the qs differently the same way as in mocks

TSMGUY wrote: »
    F***ing hell, what a handy paper! Thought I was gonna get a B3 max going in because I was burnt out but now I'd be surprised if I got below an A2. Think everything was correct except like an idiot I drew the monopoly curve instead of the oligopoly curve. I did the specs analysis properly but I forgot to put a kinked AR/Demand curve, which is odd cos' I effing mentioned Sweezy's model during my answer. If everything else was right will I still get some marks for the graph?
    I thought we were only supposed to draw the demand curve??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 David1997

I thought we were only supposed to draw the demand curve??

Yeah it was just the kinked demand curve.

David1997 wrote: »
    Yeah it was just the kinked demand curve.
    Thank you! I was panicking there for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Lovely paper, did Q 1-4 as always haha. Hopefully A1 n that

• Registered Users Posts: 45 daveytheravey

Could have went a bit better IMO. I was spending to much time on random parts of my longs. They needed a lot of explanation, but sure thats life. The questions required more outside the box thinking and not necessarily from the books. Its the way most exams are going i think! Maybe for the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Violin1997

I honestly don't know how it went for me. The short questions were alright but when it came to the long qs which have the parts in which you offer your own opinion, I completely blanked. I was ok with the theory parts of the questions especially q1+2 but I could only do some parts of a full question. I just could not think of anything. I'm scared that I messed up badly! I hope I'll be able to pass!

Just to note: I did q's 1,2,4 and 5

• Advertisement
Advertisement