Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! Accounting HL 2016 - discussion & aftermath

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Ufc2016 wrote: »
    Should I be safe with knowing the following for q6/7:
    Club Accounts
    Service Firm's
    Tabular
    Published
    ?

Could throw in a suspense into that list but yeah you should be. If you are doing Q5 then you'd only need one other question which makes life easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ufc2016

juniorcert wrote: »
    Pretty safe I reckon but you should probably have a quick look over incomplete records, in particular type b as they've been tipped to come up this year as well

Okay thanks, im thinking I can ignore farm accounts as well, what do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ufc2016

Could throw in a suspense into that list but yeah you should be. If you are doing Q5 then you'd only need one other question which makes life easier.

Yeah I'm doing q5 and one other! Hoping incomplete, farm and suspense don't come up

Ufc2016 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm doing q5 and one other! Hoping incomplete, farm and suspense don't come up

I'm hoping incomplete doesn't come up because it will probably be forward if it does. Hoping on revaluation and a club/service for 60 marks. Q5 and published then for 100 marks. I'll be happy with whatever for Q9 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Quicklearner97

I'm really unsure of incomplete records and tabs, they were both there last year and I'm really hoping they won't be there this year! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

I'm really unsure of incomplete records and tabs, they were both there last year and I'm really hoping they won't be there this year! :(

I'm predicting Tabular and Published

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I see that you can get ruled paper in the exam, is it any good for tabs?

And are people using pen or pencil?

tough paper, definitely won't get that A1.. knew I should have revised Q9, that question looked piss!

that Q8 was ridiculous if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

What was that suspense holy crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

Wasn't too bad manufacturing and published both balanced may have balanced incorrectly but I don't think so.
    In the Ratio question it was improving greatly wasn't it?
    Maybe part d of my q9 could be off a bit if you have to put loan repayments in it, but I don't think so.
    A lot of people in my class were complaining about suspense. Glad I got to avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TheWexfordWolf

That ****ing suspense account was the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

That was an intense 3 hours, did anyone actually get it finished? So many of the questions were so long winded with the added theory, had to rush through the published question and abandon the balance sheet half way through to scribble down the notes, could have really done with another half an hour. Was hoping for an A2 but with not getting it finished and some dodgy parts (what we're you supposed to do with the bar debt in the club account?) I reckon I'd be lucky to get a B1

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Appmaths97

i had to learn suspense on my own because my teacher didnt bother going through it. Im glad that i did but it was so much harder than normal.

Did anyone else get reoccuring decimals for the absortions for q 8 ?

That was an intense 3 hours, did anyone actually get it finished? So many of the questions were so long winded with the added theory, had to rush through the published question and abandon the balance sheet half way through to scribble down the notes, could have really done with another half an hour. Was hoping for an A2 but with not getting it finished and some dodgy parts (what we're you supposed to do with the bar debt in the club account?) I reckon I'd be lucky to get a B1
    Add to bar receipts and put in balance sheet

Add to bar receipts and put in balance sheet

Damn I only wrote it off as a bad debt as an expense in the p+l :/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭medhopeful16

Appmaths97 wrote: »
    i had to learn suspense on my own because my teacher didnt bother going through it. Im glad that i did but it was so much harder than normal.

Did anyone else get reoccuring decimals for the absortions for q 8 ?

I got somethong like 19.08 and 6.03

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

I deducted the 80 from bar debtors at the end of the year as it was a bad debt thus is no longer due, and then I put bad debt as an expense in the p and l

Hated the paper. Despised it. Some ok and standard Qs in there but ran out of time. Really not overly pleased all the time spent on revaluation didn't pay off. Probably the hardest paper I've done so far.

I thought that there was nothing unexpected in terms of accounts but what was in the accounts was very complicated. The debtors control and the suspense I thought had parts in them that were very strange and I couldn't figure out what to do with them. The questions seemed extra long and the theory tacked on at the end definitely didn't help

• Advertisement

Damn I only wrote it off as a bad debt as an expense in the p+l :/

Oh wait I read that as bar debtor. I did q1 sorry I'm not sure what you have to do

I deducted the 80 from bar debtors at the end of the year as it was a bad debt thus is no longer due, and then I put bad debt as an expense in the p and l

Ah that makes sense, at least I had half of it anyway, don't suppose you were getting decimals with the loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad727

Ah that makes sense, at least I had half of it anyway, don't suppose you were getting decimals with the loan?

Am no I think I got 30,000 for the loan and 3000 interest

Am no I think I got 30,000 for the loan and 3000 interest

Ya I thought I messed that up, think I should start hoping for a B3 at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

for anyone who did published what did you put for the dividends heading in the notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InTheNight

koolis02 wrote: »
    for anyone who did published what did you put for the dividends heading in the notes?

Ordinary
    Paid Xc per share

Preference
    Paid 8c per share

InTheNight wrote: »
    Ordinary
    Paid Xc per share

Preference
    Paid 8c per share

Ordinary 6.9c I think I put

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

My accounting paper was the messiest paper I have ever submitted. I feel bad for the one who would check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InTheNight

Ordinary 6.9c I think I put

I think that's what I put too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement