Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance companies can sell their products throughout the EU

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

That doesn't make sense. There is a price for everything, if a lad consistently crashes everyday and writes off a €25,000 car but he's willing to pay 50k a day for insurance surely you'd take him on

In a single post, you've displayed how little you understand the concept of insurance. Either that or your trolling senses haven't fully woken up yet, because it is a poor effort

The insured vehicle is only a small part of the claim. What are the odds of your serial crasher only damaging his own vehicle. More likely he is causing carnage & injury to others every time too. €50k a day wouldn't scratch the surface of the cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

In a single post, you've displayed how little you understand the concept of insurance. Either that or your trolling senses haven't fully woken up yet, because it is a poor effort

The insured vehicle is only a small part of the claim. What are the odds of your serial crasher only damaging his own vehicle. More likely he is causing carnage & injury to others every time too. €50k a day wouldn't scratch the surface of the cost

It's a lad with an all terrain forklift. He hates Hyundai i40s with a passion. He drives it around to different car parks, takes exactly one i40 and smashes it to pieces after making sure it's empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

joeysoap wrote:
    He awarded costs against Adekunle.

Came here to say this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

It's a lad with an all terrain forklift. He hates Hyundai i40s with a passion. He drives it around to different car parks, takes exactly one i40 and smashes it to pieces after making sure it's empty.

I can't see a company refusing that deal.

Wait... the smashysmashy wagon isn't 15years or older is it? Because that would be off the table at any price obviously.

While operating a forklift as a tool to smash the dreaded i40, he needs Public Liability cover, not Motor insurance. Given that his actions are a deliberate event rather than accidental, his public liability insurers will not pay out and he'll have to pay the damages himself

But you knew that yourself, being such a knowledgeable shltbag

• Advertisement

While operating a forklift as a tool to smash the dreaded i40, he needs Public Liability cover, not Motor insurance. Given that his actions are a deliberate event rather than accidental, his public liability insurers will not pay out and he'll have to pay the damages himself

But you knew that yourself, being such a knowledgeable shltbag

He wants you to create a policy for him that pays the owners of the i40s he destroys, doesn't want to deal with them himself. He needs the magic insurance disc for driving on the public road between car parks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Just WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Oh this is a fun game :) Can I have a policy that magically protects me from the law and covers me for everything too? Oh purlease, can I, can I? I'd like to put a ram on my vehicle that shunts Nissan micras out of my way. That'd be so much fun.

*mutter*

SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭onetimecypher

My broker, Insuremyvan, got me insurance through Danish company, about 30% better than lowest "Irish company"

My broker, Insuremyvan, got me insurance through Danish company, about 30% better than lowest "Irish company"

Thank you! A rare beast on these shores, a useful post.
    yes, yes, irony, this coming from me, etc...

• Advertisement

StudentDad wrote: »
    Oh this is a fun game :) Can I have a policy that magically protects me from the law and covers me for everything too? Oh purlease, can I, can I? I'd like to put a ram on my vehicle that shunts Nissan micras out of my way. That'd be so much fun.

*mutter*

SD

Ask Albert Reynolds after you revive him. He has the power

Thank you! A rare beast on these shores, a useful post.
    yes, yes, irony, this coming from me, etc...

My apologies to the forum. Despite my own experience & various warnings, I fed the trolls. Won't happen again

My apologies to the forum. Despite my own experience & various warnings, I fed the trolls. Won't happen again

I'm the last person to apologies to in that case ;):D

The Danish Insurer they used, judging by their website, is via an Underwriting Agency by the name of Patrona. Their offices are in Wexford. Irish staff issue the policies and pay the claims

As I mentioned previously, Underwriting Agencies, based in Ireland, are the main way of getting a quote from other EU Insurers. It has been that way for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭civitano

Back to the subject of this thread:
    Has anyone managed to find out how to gather quotes from insurance companies based in other EU countries? What the procedure to get those quotes and what documentation is required? And most important: what companies will insure you?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

The Danish Insurer they used, judging by their website, is via an Underwriting Agency by the name of Patrona. Their offices are in Wexford. Irish staff issue the policies and pay the claims

As I mentioned previously, Underwriting Agencies, based in Ireland, are the main way of getting a quote from other EU Insurers. It has been that way for many years
    civitano wrote: »
    Back to the subject of this thread:
    Has anyone managed to find out how to gather quotes from insurance companies based in other EU countries? What the procedure to get those quotes and what documentation is required? And most important: what companies will insure you?
    Thanks

I honestly don't think ringing random companies and seeing how they feel about a one-off policy in Ireland is going to work.

It's like what To Elland Back said.
    And what I said earlier - talk to brokers rather than going to the big guys direct. The brokers are the guys who will get you a quote from the foreign companies.

Although allegedly you will need to send a letter to the ECC and ask them specific magical questions about each quote your broker comes back it or why else would this poster have said this:
    Del2005 wrote: »
    At the bottom of the page it says to contact your national administrator, which is the ECC

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/national-contact-points/ireland/index_en.htm?topic=shopping

Have you contacted them to see what's required?

Advertisement