Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Obviously won't happen today at this stage, would have been perfect with a day off work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm pretty sure it went live at about 10pm a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Degag wrote: »

9 July 2015 (Thursday) (around 1130 UK time) - season started on 8 August 2015
    16 July 2014 (Wednesday) (around 11:00 a.m. UK time) - season started on 16 August 2014
    15 July 2013 (Monday) (around 3:00 p.m. UK time) - season started on 17 August 2013
    19 July 2012 (Thursday) (around 6:00 p.m. UK time ) - season started on 18 August 2012
    20 July 2011 (Wednesday) (around 10:30 p.m. UK time) - season started on 13 August 2011
    12 July 2010 (Monday) around 1:35 p.m. UK time) - season started on 14 August 2010
    07 July 2009 (Tuesday) (around 3:45 p.m. UK time) - season started on 15 August 2009
    04 July 2008 (Friday) (around 4:00 p.m. UK time) - season started on 16 August 2008
    06 July 2007 (Friday) (around 9:35 a.m. UK time) - season started on 11 August 2007
    09 July 2006 (Sunday) (around 1:00 a.m. UK time) - season started on 19 August 2006

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Crazy thing is Ziegler knew that off the top of his head.

jimmii wrote: »
    Crazy thing is Ziegler knew that off the top of his head.

Ha, I wish I had been playing seriously that long; my Hall of Fame ranking would be much better. Shamelessly stolen from FFS and then I put last season's data in since that was easy to find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Degag wrote: »

so+you%27re+telling+me+there%27s+a+chance.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Saw this on FFS. :D

69379057.jpg

Ha, I wish I had been playing seriously that long; my Hall of Fame ranking would be much better. Shamelessly stolen from FFS and then I put last season's data in since that was easy to find.

Yeh it's a list an ffs guy came up with a few years back that's been updated each season. FPL folk are a weird bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Can't wait for it to start up again , been a long month not even being able to log in !
    Looks like I will be down to 2 money leagues with work/friends this year :( had 5 or 6 to join the few last years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeh it's a list an ffs guy came up with a few years back that's been updated each season. FPL folk are a weird bunch.

I copied and pasted all price change records from last season into a spreadsheet and spent a a good part of a slow day at work a couple of weeks ago sorting them and doing some graphs......... :o

That table of launch dates is playschool stuff. :)

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I copied and pasted all price change records from last season into a spreadsheet and spent a a good part of a slow day at work a couple of weeks ago sorting them and doing some graphs......... :o

That table of launch dates is playschool stuff. :)

I recall hear of this spreadsheet in hushed tones many moons ago. No one dared speak of it out loud for fear of mockery but each knew they would love see its dirty numbers.

Or in cockney show us sum fing graphs mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Published my first article on Twitter today and it has been very well received. Went from 200 followers yesterday to over 600 now and counting!! For anyone not on twitter here is a link to the article:

http://fantasypremierleaguehints.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/mark-my-words-philosophy-of-top-400-fpl.html?m=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Published my first article on Twitter today and it has been very well received. Went from 200 followers yesterday to over 600 now and counting!! For anyone not on twitter here is a link to the article:

http://fantasypremierleaguehints.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/mark-my-words-philosophy-of-top-400-fpl.html?m=1

Very good
    I'm also a united fan but aguero will always always be in my team if fit.
    People can justify not having him whatever way they want. He is the best Fpl player simple as .
    Won one league in particular last year due to the "aguero is too expensive " line of thinking.
    That DGW was beautiful as he also thought Sanchez wasn't worth the money.
    Sayonara sucker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Excellent article I'd agree with all the points yout made. However I have no problem with a strong front 8 and leaving players with points on the bench .My thinking would be I may have sold that particular player if I was going with the bench fodder option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I want to pick my team now :(

soon-meme-chair.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

soon-quote-7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

This is BS at this stage :(

• Advertisement

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

I can't see tweets at work. What's it say? WHAT'S IT SAY??

Mark Rogers @markrogers1
    Sit tight.... #FPL #testingover

Sit tight.... #FPL #testingover

Oh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Well...

Does it usually launch on the hour?

Please be today!! I'm on an interview panel the next 4 week days and won't be able to check my phone never mind get to a computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Auto refresh time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Please be today!! I'm on an interview panel the next 4 week days and won't be able to check my phone never mind get to a computer.

Can I have a job

Just convince the rest to hire the first person and get back home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

giphy.gif

CSF wrote: »
    Can I have a job

If FPL launches at 11am tomorrow no fcuker is getting a job.... :D

man that new site looks horrible!
    Do I have to re register on premier league site first ? can't find anywhere to log in????

km79 wrote: »
    Do I have to re register on premier league site first ? can't find anywhere to log in????

Just wait for the fantasy site to be active, and log in with your previous password.

WARNING: Waiting can take some time :)

• Advertisement

Be patient the rest of us having been going through this for a week you're lucky you're just joining the part now! The sign button will pop up probably on the top right that's where it was when the site went live. Hopefully not too long to go now.

Good way to pass the time is to have a laugh at the freaking out twitter to mark Rogers tweets people are going crazy!

Be patient the rest of us having been going through this for a week you're lucky you're just joining the part now! The sign button will pop up probably on the top right that's where it was when the site went live. Hopefully not too long to go now.

oh no I've been watching since last week too when"Mark Rogers" said it going live but I thought today would be THE day myself

I thought ya always had to re register in advance with the prem league website though?

I thought ya always had to re register in advance with the prem league website though?

No. Just wait and log on when it's ready :)

No need to log on to their website when fantasy is unavailable.

You normally do. It's a whole new site who will know what will happen. Guessing you'll have to register like normal.

• Advertisement

1276988860634.gif~c200

1276988860634.gif~c200

My laptop sitting in the corner on auto refresh just in case :)
    Having day off I expect to be dissapointed with nothing happening until I will be out. Or back at work on Friday :(

Just launch it already!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I assume if I go and do things for an hour it'll go live won't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I assume if I go and do things for an hour it'll go live won't it?

Probably. So just let us know before you go

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

wonski wrote: »
    My laptop sitting in the corner on auto refresh

That's actually a thing...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Probably. So just let us know before you go

:)

I'm back :pac:

I'm just out of the dentists and all I could think of while they tortured me was "FPL will make this all worthwhile."

And it's still not here!!!

I'm just out of the dentists and all I could think of while they tortured me was "FPL will make this all worthwhile."

And it's still not here!!!

Tortured???

You are comfortably numb while the rest of us keeps pressing the button for nothing :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement