Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza ovens

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Anyone ever put a pizza oven inside an indoor fire place? Or is that a mental idea?
    I thought i saw one earlier in the thread, it's not just sitting teh ooni in the hearth but full blown building it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Could anyone recommend good quality pizza dough balls (mostly for freezing). I usually make my own dough, but looking to stock up freezer with a load

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

LowOdour wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend good quality pizza dough balls (mostly for freezing). I usually make my own dough, but looking to stock up freezer with a load

If you know anyone with a Musgraves account, then the best I've found are the Europizza brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

LowOdour wrote: »

Make your own again and freeze it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Can anyone recommend a 14" (or so!) wooden launching peel? Finding it hard to find one above 12"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Xaniaj wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a 14" (or so!) wooden launching peel? Finding it hard to find one above 12"!
    how about this one

https://www.nisbets.ie/vogue-wooden-pizza-peel-36x41cm/ge207

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Thanks for that, should have mentioned that I'd prefer a shorter handle!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

I have the gozney short turning peel, it’s very handy for my koda, just takes a little bit of practice to turn in the oven so as not to tear the pizza. I find leaving it as long as possible before the first turn is the best.

I wonder if you hunt around the Facebook pages would you get a referral code or something? I think I got mine for €49 delivered but I see it’s 55 at the moment

Wait nevermind, dunno where I got turning peel from wooden launching peel! :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Irwin hand saws are reduced to €7 in B&Q at the moment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thepigeon

Does anyone know if there are any working discount codes for the ooni website? I plan on pulling the trigger on the fyra.

• Advertisement

thepigeon wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any working discount codes for the ooni website? I plan on pulling the trigger on the fyra.

Im sure I can give you a referral code for 10%?

Or possibly send a DM to one of the Ooni ambassadors on Instagram or Facebook - they may have 20% codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thepigeon

Pete123456 wrote: »
    Or possibly send a DM to one of the Ooni ambassadors on Instagram or Facebook - they may have 20% codes?

Thanks, I'll give that a go, I managed to get a 10% off code by joining the newsletter anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

If anyone is looking for a metal peel with a short handle, B&Q are currently selling these for €10.50 on clearance.

https://www.diy.com/departments/goodhome-pizza-spatula/3663602420927_BQ.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Looking to get an Ooni Koda for OH's birthday. Has anyone seen them in stock anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Looking to get an Ooni Koda for OH's birthday. Has anyone seen them in stock anywhere?

Email Dobbies in Lisburn and ask if they've any.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Email Dobbies in Lisburn and ask if they've any.

Thanks a million!

They're in stock here but you better be quick. You might have to use Parcel Motel or Address Pal.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62007/Ooni-Koda-Gas-Fired-Outdoor-Pizza-Oven-with-Baking-Stone-UU-P06900

They're in stock here but you better be quick. You might have to use Parcel Motel or Address Pal.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/62007/Ooni-Koda-Gas-Fired-Outdoor-Pizza-Oven-with-Baking-Stone-UU-P06900

Ordered! Thanks so much for the heads up! Free delivery to ROI too.

Ordered! Thanks so much for the heads up! Free delivery to ROI too.
    Super - that's brilliant! Delighted for you. I've ordered from them before and they used DHL.

Get your propane patio gas ordered now. It's the cream bottle if you get Flogas.
    It's the dark grey bottle for Calor.

The Ooni bamboo peel is the business. All their stuff is but that is the one product I couldn't do without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

00 flour lads? Tried Tesco and Lidl, recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

AmberGold wrote: »
    I got it in tesco, the label is very subtle though. Might only be in bigger stores.

snapshotimagehandler_276544721.jpeg?h=540&w=540

rubadub wrote: »
    My tesco has a new range of Italian flours. Brand is selezione casillo

1euro for 1kg of 00 "soft wheat" plain white flour, 11% protein.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306938540

Tesco UK show ratings

Excellent flour for pizza.
    5 stars
    A Tesco Customer8th August 2020

I've been looking for 00 flour for a while to make pizzas and this is fantastic. If you want your homemade pizzas to have an authentic, thin and crispy crust, this is the flour for you.

AmberGold wrote: »

Try centra and SuperValu, the better ones should have it.

If not, sometimes you can get a high protein Canadian flour in Tesco, but it’s more than 2 euro a kilo so quite expensive compared to regular strong flour

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Knightofcydonia

Thanks for the heads up! Ordered. Free delivery to Ireland is a bonus. I Was resigned to waiting until November for an Ooni Koda.... Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If anyone is looking for a metal peel with a short handle, B&Q are currently selling these for €10.50 on clearance.

Great spot. Have you seen them in an Irish store and if so which section of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Great spot. Have you seen them in an Irish store and if so which section of it?

Bottom right of screen grab
    vp1rJOa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭el_gaucho

Thanks for that. I got one in Galway yesterday. It’s few centimetres wider than my other one, plus it’s handy to have a spare. I’m not sure what the benefits of the expensive ones are. Mine is very basic but as long as I give it a good dusting of semolina there is never any issue with the pizza sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Don’t bother trying B&Q Swords for a peel. The computer says two in stock but there’s none. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Don’t bother trying B&Q Swords for a peel. The computer says two in stock but there’s none. :(

You must have been there just before me. Opened up this thread while in the store, to see your post :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got my peel on Nisbets for a lot less than some of the scary figures given up-thread. Very happy with it; can't understand how I worked without it really.

VAT rate drops this day week and as a business oriented firm I would be very surprised if they don't take the 2% off; so if looking to do an order for multiple items I'd suggest holding off

Advertisement