Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I signed up for the Beta ages ago,didnt get a chance to play it and still got a free copy of The Witcher 2 on pc!
    CDPR,a great bunch of lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Played a half dozen games during the beta. Bout to start now, adding it to my regular plays of HearthStone & Magic Duels :P

Anyone wanna add Shougeki on GOG as I have no friends [says a lot really :P ]

EDIT: BTW is there a site like heartpwn for decks?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shougeki wrote: »
    Played a half dozen games during the beta. Bout to start now, adding it to my regular plays of HearthStone & Magic Duels :P

Anyone wanna add Shougeki on GOG as I have no friends [says a lot really :P ]

EDIT: BTW is there a site like heartpwn for decks?

http://www.gwentdb.com/ and http://gwentify.com/ are what you're looking for.

Thanks mate. Found Qwentify pretty rapidly. It would have been great if there was an app that loaded your collection up there though. CBA putting it all in :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks mate. Found Qwentify pretty rapidly. It would have been great if there was an app that loaded your collection up there though. CBA putting it all in :P

Yeah I never bothered putting my collection on it but have used it to build decks. Decks which are all useless now since it's practically a different game after the patch yesterday I might add :(

Heh heh. When I played a few months back, I just couldn't get into it. Last night was fun. Managed to win 2/4 games online, did some single player etc. Quite enjoyed it. That may have had something to do with getting a few beers into me after finishing on-call for the last three weeks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it the full game now or just open beta?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is it the full game now or just open beta?

Seems to be full games. Single player mode is 6 games per faction, for coins and leaders. Few other quests

I started with Skellige [hated it in Witcher3, loved the spy-nilf setup that you just draw loads and loads :P], but Skelige was quoted as the easiest to start with.
    Took a bit of adjustment from Magic:Duels & Heartstone, but got the hang of it easy enough. I managed to win 3/5 i think it was with a basic non adjusted deck.

The one thing that was annoying was the amount of keyword, and them not being explained anywhere. Found a post on reddit with a list, but it wasnt complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Seems to be full games. Single player mode is 6 games per faction, for coins and leaders. Few other quests

I started with Skellige [hated it in Witcher3, loved the spy-nilf setup that you just draw loads and loads :P], but Skelige was quoted as the easiest to start with.
    Took a bit of adjustment from Magic:Duels & Heartstone, but got the hang of it easy enough. I managed to win 3/5 i think it was with a basic non adjusted deck.

The one thing that was annoying was the amount of keyword, and them not being explained anywhere. Found a post on reddit with a list, but it wasnt complete.

Keywords are explained if you hover over a card. I'm enjoying it so far. Playing a totally different play style from the close beta, trying a Armoured Northern Realms and Reveal Nilfgaard this time round.

Only bummer is they have really nerfed the Gold Card drop chance from kegs. I opened my first 100 kegs and only got 2 golds and apparently other players on Reddit are having similar experiences. Whereas silver drops seems to be the same/often as closed beta.

Nice video here with an explanation of the game mechanics but at about 3 mins into the video it shows a chapter of the true singleplayer campaign that will release later this year, it looks amazing and the first installment is free!

• Advertisement

• Achievements/Trophies added.

Achievements/Trophies added.

That to the free version or just for Thronebreaker?

Advertisement