Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Privately owned 5 seat commercial - tax and insurance question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

All vans need an annual CVRT now, you can't NCT a van and how it's taxed has no impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    does your van do a CVRT every year or NCT every 4 years? and if its the latter, will the NCT , NCT a van?

It's a commercial vehicle, so needs a CRVT every year. How it's taxed has no bearing on whether it's NCT or CRVT.

air - is it a little Red van by any chance? They are the only company I've ever heard of who tax all their commercials privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

White van ROR.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jag09

Augeo wrote: »
    5% is the BIK on vans, a 5 seat commercial isn't classed as a van in BIK terms.

If there is applicable BIK on a van than someone is using it privately so the van should be taxed privately. Otherwise someone has made a declaration that isn't true.

Ok, I think

Perfectly OK once every single km claimed as a business mile is indeed that. One would need to be mindful that "Journeys between an employee’s home and place of work (and vice versa) are not business journeys and any reimbursement of motoring expenses (including taxi fares) in respect of the cost of such journeys is taxable."

&

"Where an employee proceeds on a business journey directly from home to a temporary place of work (rather than commencing that business journey from his/her normal place of work) or returns home directly, the business kilometres should be calculated by reference to the lesser of -

the distance between home and the temporary place of work; or
    the distance between the normal place of work and the temporary place of work"

6,437 business kms yields €3835 once vehicle is over 1501cc, the next 6,437 business kms yields €1832.

To travel that 13,000kms you'd probably have spent €1600 on diesel though so the ole mileage isn't overly great a pocket liner either, especially if you struggle to rack up actual business miles/kms.

Is there a way to check when the car 2y ago was imported commercial cabin crew or private. I just started the converting porces commericla to private, i got the engeeneir assesment (i added 2 read seat) to be 7 seater, as I thought to be fully private and useful. I just found out today that i need to send the form to some special rev office . where i may be charged with vrt, but no one want tell me how much? if that a lot of mney how they think i can afford it? i bought car, i motor tax office i was told to change it to private to get proper insurance for this car this is no problem. first i called , then nbeed there 3 times asking , but not once i was told about some vrt! am annyed - if this is huge bill i would keep it commercial! i will just reverse ti back! i wont pay some wrt ofer this car been in irleand for last 2 years registered here alrady! and i was not awear if ot//any one had simmilar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jag09

Is there a way to check when the car 2y ago was imported commercial cabin crew or private. I just started the converting porces commericla to private, i got the engeeneir assesment (i added 2 read seat) to be 7 seater, as I thought to be fully private and useful. I just found out today that i need to send the form to some special rev office . where i may be charged with vrt, but no one want tell me how much? if that a lot of mney how they think i can afford it? i bought car, i motor tax office i was told to change it to private to get proper insurance for this car this is no problem. first i called , then nbeed there 3 times asking , but not once i was told about some vrt! am annyed - if this is huge bill i would keep it commercial! i will just reverse ti back! i wont pay some wrt ofer this car been in irleand for last 2 years registered here alrady! and i was not awear if ot//any one had simmilar situation?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement