Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car on Donedeal-any tips appreciated.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I have sold a few cars privately - some on DD and I always print out a disclaimer for the purchaser to sign. It basically says that car is sold 'as seen' and I list all the facts I have stated in selling the car like one owner, mileage is genuine, NCT is due say Nov 2017, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Thanks....where would you buy a marker like that?

http://www.easons.com/p-4129310-counterfeit-currency-detector-pen.aspx

Amazon UK either.

I'm beginning to think it's a bit of overkill to be honest, but it's a few seconds hassle and it's piece of mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

OP you really are over thinking this. It's highly unlikely someone is going to arrive with fake money to buy a 04 Golf. Just list your car and sell it to the first person who shows up with money.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

OP you really are over thinking this. It's highly unlikely someone is going to arrive with fake money to buy a 04 Golf. Just list your car and sell it to the first person who shows up with money.

Yeah , I agree.. You are selling a 04 Golf not your house. Most people are honest people and thousands of cars are sold everyday. All you need to do is list it, sell it and take the cash/ bank draft and send off the signed logbook. Don't worry about anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Valet the car inside and out, if you can find someone that could polish for cheap - go for it.
    Take plenty of pictures - sometimes a nice background helps too. Take pics of all sides, interior etc.
    Write a good description - mention all options.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

I had a hero two months ago buying a gearbox with fake notes. Gearbox was €700. All forged €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Tbh the reason I was a bit worried about the fake money risk was that I know of a few people who have been caught by it on last few months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

They are passing fake notes in shops for a box of fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭jelutong

Put an add on DoneDeal today using phone credit. 50 cent levy added when using that method. When did that come about?. Apologies if in wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

jelutong wrote: »
    Put an add on DoneDeal today using phone credit. 50 cent levy added when using that method. When did that come about?. Apologies if in wrong forum.

Depends is it a car your selling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Just noticed that!

€6 for a car ad now, got charged €3.50 for an add for Alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

DakarVert wrote: »
    Just noticed that!

€6 for a car ad now, got charged €3.50 for an add for Alloys.

Still says €5 on their pricing page...

https://www.donedeal.ie/payment/advertising-fees?currency=eur&mainsection=motor&section=cars

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Sneaky €1 surcharge when you pay via text!

Advertisement