Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Tab 2 A10 16GB 2GB Ram

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 artomur

does not ship to ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Parcel connect, parcel motel, parcel wizard, addresspal.
    I used parcel wizard, dropped to my door for 3.85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

4.4.x KitKat ? no user profiles I assume?

beauf wrote: »
    4.4.x KitKat ? no user profiles I assume?

Mine is 5.0.1 lollipop. I've only the one user on it, but there's a Settings/Personal/Account if thats any use to you. I cant see a Users like in my 5.1 phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Posting from one right now. No multi user profiles, hard to believe but true. Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How does this compare to lenovo yoga tab 2? Mine has cracked screen and repair is costly, but I'm insured with Argos.

Was going to get Samsung tab A 9.7, or would the lenovo tab 2 be comparable?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Ha I just bought this last week for 207€ on amazon!

Great tablet, really long battery life and great screen and the sound is quite good too.

If you are looking for a tablet for watching videos and readings comics then I would definitely recommend this one.

@phobia2011: This is definitely better than the Samsung tab A 9.7 spec wise but to be honest if you like the feel of the samsung one and are only using it for netflix and internet surfing the Samsung would suit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

phobia2011 wrote: »
    How does this compare to lenovo yoga tab 2? Mine has cracked screen and repair is costly, but I'm insured with Argos.

Was going to get Samsung tab A 9.7, or would the lenovo tab 2 be comparable?

My yoga 2 screen cracked as well. Did you get a quote to repair, if so how much and where if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

funkyjebus wrote: »
    My yoga 2 screen cracked as well. Did you get a quote to repair, if so how much and where if you don't mind me asking.

Bought a screen/digitiser from eBay approx €40 delivered, handed into shop and they told me its glued to screen, will have to get new one for €150 not inc fitting🀔
    Can't find any videos or guides either.

Is the same tab in the OP now €169.99 in Argos ???

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Bought a screen/digitiser from eBay approx €40 delivered, handed into shop and they told me its glued to screen, will have to get new one for €150 not inc fitting🀔
    Can't find any videos or guides either.

Is the same tab in the OP now €169.99 in Argos ???

No, that is the lower spec version.

rejkin wrote: »
    Ha I just bought this last week for 207€ on amazon!

Great tablet, really long battery life and great screen and the sound is quite good too.

If you are looking for a tablet for watching videos and readings comics then I would definitely recommend this one.

@phobia2011: This is definitely better than the Samsung tab A 9.7 spec wise but to be honest if you like the feel of the samsung one and are only using it for netflix and internet surfing the Samsung would suit fine.

Contact Amazon and point out the price drop, they might refund you the difference as a good will gesture, their CS is excellent.

Satriale wrote: »
    Contact Amazon and point out the price drop, they might refund you the difference as a good will gesture, their CS is excellent.

Thanks, I chanced my arm and sent them an email. It's only a tenner in the end but sure why not!

E22 if you paid them E207, better in your pocket than theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

These are great tablets but if you have kids and want multi users avoid! I killed mine trying to edit the build.prop file to accept multi users.

Also am finding it difficult to flash it, so if you are a tinkerer stay away!

I will never understand why some companies make it so difficult to reflash devices, it must just put needless extra pressure on their custom services.

Mine is still under guarantee so I reckon a I will have to fire it off to them to get it fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think 99% of tablet (and phone) users don't care about ROMs or reflashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Parcel connect, parcel motel, parcel wizard, addresspal. I used parcel wizard, dropped to my door for 3.85

I hope I am not getting too off track here. I tried to buy one of these using my Parcel Wizard address, the transaction would not complete using either PayPal or my Credit Card. I got this message after I hit Confirm and Pay "We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address."
    I added the Parcel Wizard address to my Ebay account, but still no luck
    I could not add an address in PayPal that was not in Ireland.
    Any suggestions?

I hope I am not getting too off track here. I tried to buy one of these using my Parcel Wizard address, the transaction would not complete using either PayPal or my Credit Card. I got this message after I hit Confirm and Pay "We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address."
    I added the Parcel Wizard address to my Ebay account, but still no luck
    I could not add an address in PayPal that was not in Ireland.
    Any suggestions?

I recall it failed first couple of attempts for me but i thought it was something i did in error. I might have tried Paypal first time and failed. It went through using Revolut, my Irish address in the Revolut card and Parcel Wizard as my Ebay Primary.

Here's the Ebay format of mine if that make a difference.

388556.JPG

388557.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I recall it failed first couple of attempts for me but i thought it was something i did in error. I might have tried Paypal first time and failed. It went through using Revolut, my Irish address in the Revolut card and Parcel Wizard as my Ebay Primary.
    Cheers! I kept trying and got it on order :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Just wondering how people are getting on with this tablet - is it still good? I'm thinking of either the ebay outlet one, or the 179e one in argos (albeit lower specs). Also, does it definately have android 5.1 as it still say kit-kat.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭keizer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Welcome to last week. Been on offer for awhile now, not sure what stock is like.

alowe wrote: »
    Just wondering how people are getting on with this tablet - is it still good? I'm thinking of either the ebay outlet one, or the 179e one in argos (albeit lower specs). Also, does it definately have android 5.1 as it still say kit-kat.

Thanks.

Mine is 5.0.1 lollipop and up to date(ebay outlet). Not a bother with it, great machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Am also happy with mine, great for reading the free magazines you can get from the Library!

The only complaint I have is that Lenovo have stopped multi user accounts, so you can only have one account. I would like to have the choice to add another account for the kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

funkyjebus wrote: »
    I ordered from eBay this week.- HK supplier
    Alex in Wizz will fix it for €25

Just bumping this with a better deal*.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351842848957?clk_rvr_id=1107206677969&rmvSB=true

E100, forty cheaper than when i got it.

*credit to hukdeals

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭breeno

Just bumping this with a better deal*.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351842848957?clk_rvr_id=1107206677969&rmvSB=true

E100, forty cheaper than when i got it.

*credit to hukdeals

That's the lower spec model. The better spec one is Tab 2 A10 70.

breeno wrote: »
    That's the lower spec model. The better spec one is Tab 2 A10 70.

Missed that. I could have swore the lower spec was half that ram and storage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Missed that. I could have swore the lower spec was half that ram and storage.
    Lower spec is also 1280 x 800 while the dearer model is 1200 x 1920. That one does have 32GB though while the model with the better screen only has 16GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

For travelling, flying etc, would the 10" be too big / bulky, a strain on your eyes watching movies on, would the smaller 8" one above be better? (Never had a tablet before, it's a serious question even if it sounds wrong!).

Advertisement