Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LAst minutes tips for tomorrows Paper 2?

Options
  • 08-06-2016 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

So paper one out of the way didn't seem to bad but that remains ti be seen. I tend to ramble and i may have done so in P1.

On to Paper 2

• The Great Gatsby
    I managed to locate a copy of Great Gatsby Audiobook (Accelerated) (google exactly those words) basically its the whole book read at a somewhat fast Accelerated pace and if you have the book and go along with the audio book you will have it read in 1/2 the time.

Does anyone have any more tips?

As for the comparison Texts

I can't find any audio book or movie based on The Plough and the Stars, anyone know where i can find online? NOT that crap USA movie that was complete and total cow dung. It's hard to read stage script so looking for a book to help me in the last stages.

Foster what a boring book any audio version about? Any hints on this book? what have i read and missed???

The Kings Speech Now i liked this movie, but any future hints welcome

Good luck all for tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Reading over your notes, previous Comparative/Single Text essays and looking at important quotes are probably the most useful things you can do at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pseudorachel

You better be doing ordinary level because you need to study something by Shakespeare for higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

You better be doing ordinary level because you need to study something by Shakespeare for higher.

As above I have Gatsby for single Text

and

• The Plough and star,
    • Foster
    • Kings speech

for comparison study

O, reason not the need! Our basest beggars are in the poorest thing superfluous.

Allow not the nature but more than nature needs, A man’s life’s as cheap as beast’s .

and not a sin of C&P in sight :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭user53

tonyheaney wrote: »
    As above I have Gatsby for single Text

and

• The Plough and star,
    • Foster
    • Kings speech

for comparison study

Gatsby isn't Shakespeare though, higher level students must study Shakespeare somewhere on the course be it single text or comparative, at least that's what my teacher told us, at ordinary level Shakespeare is optional.
    Are you doing higher level?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lpoolfan101

Here for Comparitive Texts- Foster, TPATS and TKS do you all use the same titles for both VandV and CC? Our teacher told us to use Social Class, Poverty, Role of Men &women, Religion and politics/war' for both V+V and CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

user53 wrote: »
    Gatsby isn't Shakespeare though, higher level students must study Shakespeare somewhere on the course be it single text or comparative, at least that's what my teacher told us, at ordinary level Shakespeare is optional.

Yeah you definitely have to do Shakespeare in some section of the Higher Level paper.

Makes me wonder what would happen if you didn't answer on any Shakespeare text? Would you get no marks for the single text or would your paper 2 be null and void?

Edit: never mind, figured it out:
    sqowtt.jpg

Can you answer my questioon above?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TrashyTrackman

Here for Comparitive Texts- Foster, TPATS and TKS do you all use the same titles for both VandV and CC? Our teacher told us to use Social Class, Poverty, Role of Men &women, Religion and politics/war' for both V+V and CC

Yes I believe, at least that's what I was told anyway!

Grandio, cheers pal.

• Advertisement

What poets did yall do and who did your teacher say was most likely to come up? Mine's said Durcan and BIshop as they aint been up before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

What poets did yall do and who did your teacher say was most likely to come up? Mine's said Durcan and BIshop as they aint been up before

Well Bishop came up in 2013 so I wouldn't say she's never been up before? Duncan's first year on the course is this year so that's why he's never been up.

Personally I'm studying Yeats, Eliot, Dickinson and Bishop. I'm going to have Plath as a back-up just in case neither of the other four come up.

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Well Bishop came up in 2013 so I wouldn't say she's never been up before? Duncan's first year on the course is this year so that's why he's never been up.

Personally I'm studying Yeats, Eliot, Dickinson and Bishop. I'm going to have Plath as a back-up just in case neither of the other four come up.

Oh whoops, but my teech still reckons she'll be up

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Is the theme of Journey continued tomorrow? If it is would it be questions asking us to talk about Lear's growth through suffering or something like that?

user53 wrote: »

No Ordinary Level
    Bazinga_N wrote: »

when the poetry comes up tomorrow what will they ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

when the poetry comes up tomorrow what will they ask?

Ordinary level will have questions about specific poems which are printed on the exam paper. Remember to discuss both the content (themes, ideas) and style (poetic techniques) of the poem!

nermal15 wrote: »
    Ordinary level will have questions about specific poems which are printed on the exam paper. Remember to discuss both the content (themes, ideas) and style (poetic techniques) of the poem!

For those needing information re tomorrow (I'm sure its the same everywhere) Ordinary flvuh.jpg

Isn't there 37 poems??? :eek::eek::eek::(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Anyone else in panic mode? Trying to remember all these poets and quotes and remembering what to say is just ridiculous. Had so much fun writing answers to paper one today and now I dread this route learning test.

Anyone else in panic mode? Trying to remember all these poets and quotes and remembering what to say is just ridiculous. Had so much fun writing answers to paper one today and now I dread this route learning test.

If you don't do Engineering you have the whole morning to shortlist everything you need. What I'm doing at this stage is just getting all my quotes and putting them on one page to have a look over them tomorrow

daraghwal wrote: »
    If you don't do Engineering you have the whole morning to shortlist everything you need. What I'm doing at this stage is just getting all my quotes and putting them on one page to have a look over them tomorrow

Any chance you can take a photo and show us what ou have so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Corkalex

Anyone doing Larkin?

Any chance you can take a photo and show us what ou have so far?

Very vague and mostly my own opinions so might not suit the way people were taught or could be wrong altogether! I'll take any advice people have though

I have been studying since I got home from paper 1 and I still feel it's not enough

Am I alone

I have been studying since I got home from paper 1 and I still feel it's not enough

Am I alone

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I focused on poetry quotes ( well, I only started a couple of days ago) now I'm in a frenzy trying to learn the great gatsby, wuthering heights, othello and the artist quotes!

AND PAPER 2 IS DONE!!!!!

How did you all do?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

AND PAPER 2 IS DONE!!!!!

How did you all do?

ah Tony they are still writing!! ;)

skippy1977 wrote: »
    ah Tony they are still writing!! ;)

I know i came out with an hour to spare so either i grew a couple of brain cells last night or the exam was toooo easy and was all a trap!!! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

I know i came out with an hour to spare so either i grew a couple of brain cells last night or the exam was toooo easy and was all a trap!!! :D:D:D:D

Ah I'd say you knew your stuff...well done anyway good to have it out of the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

Did Yeats or Durkan come up?

Advertisement