Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC FN88: Las Vegas - Garbrandt -v- Almeida

Options
  • 27-05-2016 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭

PGUpfhB.jpg

Main Card - BT Sport 2 - 02:00 AM BST
    Bantamweight: Thomas Almeida vs. Cody Garbrandt
    Featherweight: Renan Barao vs. Jeremy Stephens
    Welterweight: Tarec Saffiedine vs. Rick Story
    Middleweight: Chris Camozzi vs. Vitor Miranda
    Welterweight: Jorge Masvidal vs. Lorenz Larkin
    Lightweight: Josh Burkman vs. Paul Felder

Preliminary Card - BT Sport 2 - 12:00 AM GMT
    Women’s Bantamweight: Sara McMann vs. Jessica Eye
    Lightweight: Abel Trujillo vs. Jordan Rinaldi
    Middleweight: Jake Collier vs. Alberto Uda
    Lightweight: Eric Koch vs. Shane Campbell

Early Preliminary Card - UFC Fight Pass only 11:00 PM GMT
    Bantamweight: Aljamain Sterling vs. Bryan Caraway
    Heavyweight: Chris De La Rocha vs. Adam Milstead

Yo where's Paully D??...but risking the wrath on here figure it's time to start up discussion on what should be a decent night of bouts.

Sunday you say? Yes not early hours Sunday morning as in taking you into early hours Monday morning instead.

Coverage from 11pm on Fight Pass and BT Sport 2 from 12am.

Main event sees 2 unbeaten prospects collide: Odds (B365);Garbrandt (7/5) Almeida (10/17)

How will the main event be decided? 32 votes

Garbrandt by KO/TKO
    0%
    Garbrandt by Submission
    31%
    pappyodanielTherapyBoyDeppsmilerfshocksyJJayooJohn_D80Wrongway1985[Deleted User]Subcomandante Marcos 10 votes
    Garbrandt by Decision
    0%
    Almeida by KO/TKO
    0%
    Almeida by Submission
    65%
    mdwexfordxtal191Mellorcallaway92pistolpetes11SwashbucklerZero-Cool14murphyshrewdnessASOTJR6Paully Dmartyos121dickwod1finglashoopcsallmightystephenl15loudnoises89clever user namelougal88 21 votes
    Almeida by Decision
    3%
    Amazingfun 1 vote

Comments

Garbrandt by Submission
    I think Garbrandt is a very close one to call but I have a gut feeling that Garbrandt pulls it off with a KO, this will be a fight that if you blink you might miss it :D

Does anyone give Caraway a chance against AJ? Caraway seems to be getting wrote off :/ I know he has looked good in his last few fight but surely Caraway shouldn't be that much of an underdog?

Will be interesting to see how Barao does at Featherweight, he has said that he will is willing to fight Aldo, if he manages to get a few wins that is a fight I would like to see.

Everyone seems to be sleeping on this card the week before 199 but I think this card has the potential to be very good, I think this card is being very underestimated by a lot of people. This fight has a lot of fights that wont go to decision and should be a very fun card to watch.

Garbrandt by Submission
    Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit is this on freaking Sunday?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Almeida by Submission
    Barao has absolutely no chance against Stephens,Jeremy has no movement like TJ but it wont matter his soul was taken twice by Dillashaw he will be viciously ko'd soon as Stephens lands hes possibly one of the hardest punchers in the division,post USADA Barao coming up a weight class wont be good for him,7/2 the KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Garbrandt by Submission
    Waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit is this on freaking Sunday?

Yeah weigh ins tomorrow night

Garbrandt by Submission
    Yeah weigh ins tomorrow night

Ahhh no :o Means I am going to be half asleep all Monday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Liking the Stephens ko also at a nice price
    Could be outclassed but if he lands one it could get interesting

Like story also, tough as old boots

Almedia/garb should be a cracker, 2 lads swinging for the fences
    Who has the better chin? My guess is garb
    Be surprised if this isn't fotn

Good to see Koch back also, good fighter, was just a notch behind the likes of poirier

The whole card could be epic, never mind the main card, best fight night main ive seen in a while
    I'm seeing lots of dogfights :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Yo where's Paully D??

poor imitation! you didn't even centre the text :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Was surprised to see Garb such a big price for this are people getting carried away with Almeidas record? Says it at all that nowhere seems to know if he is 20-0, 21-0 or 22-0! Really looking forward to this one seems unlikely to last long but should be a cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Almeida by Submission
    I've been so busy this week I didn't even realise this was on. :o

I wish they would piss off with the Sunday cards however. I won't get to see much of this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D wrote: »
    I've been so busy this week I didn't even realise this was on. :o

I wish they would piss off with the Sunday cards however. I won't get to see much of this at all.

It's memorial day weekend in the States so I kinda get it but still.... bastards.

• Advertisement

Garbrandt by Submission
    Does anyone know what time the weigh ins are on?

Don't invade the Lil Heathen's personal space :pac:

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/736703766703923201

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Almeida by Submission
    Devastator wrote: »

I hope Barao gets smashed back to bantamweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Garbrandt by Submission
    Really like both Carraway and Burkman to pull off upsets tonight. Don't think either of their respective opponenents will deal too well with getting slowly grinded away if it goes to ground.

Submission or decision wins for them I think. Carraway gets a raw deal but he is a killer on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Almeida by Submission

Barao looks beat already going by that!

JR6 wrote: »
    Barao looks beat already going by that!

I thought his eyes looked like "Holy f**k, he's strong!". Read that Stephens was back training with Cruz for 1st time in years. I've always liked him but was disappointed with his last fight against (a good) Holloway. I can't make up my mind on this fight.

I hadn't paid much attention to this card but just noticed last night Victor Miranda is fighting. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again, bet against him(for last time) at 196 but became a fan watching him. I still don't know how the other fella(Giumares sp?) didn't go down, tough sob! Might put a wee bet on Comozzi getting KO'd for 1st time in his career.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Almeida by Submission
    I thought his eyes looked like "Holy f**k, he's strong!". Read that Stephens was back training with Cruz for 1st time in years. I've always liked him but was disappointed with his last fight against (a good) Holloway. I can't make up my mind on this fight.

I hadn't paid much attention to this card but just noticed last night Victor Miranda is fighting. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again, bet against him(for last time) at 196 but became a fan watching him. I still don't know how the other fella(Giumares sp?) didn't go down, tough sob! Might put a wee bet on Comozzi getting KO'd for 1st time in his career.

Holloway is championship material thought max knew not to get into a brawl with Stephens,Barao moves but he likes to bang,hes not gonna get a TD imo so I reckon stephens lands its over,the upper cut he ko'd RDA with bah god as JR would say he nearly killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Garbrandt by Submission
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Totally agree. IMO he has had a pretty easy route to the #4 spot. Tonight he will have to earn it. I think Carraway has the beating of him though.

Unbelievable that he (Carraway) is being written off so easily by so many.

Garbrandt by Submission
    John_D80 wrote: »
    Totally agree. IMO he has had a pretty easy route to the #4 spot. Tonight he will have to earn it. I think Carraway has the beating of him though.

Unbelievable that he (Carraway) is being written off so easily by so many.

I think Carraway has a good chance to win this imo, just stuck 10 euro on Carraway to win.

• Advertisement

Garbrandt by Submission
    I think Carraway has a good chance to win this imo, just stuck 10 euro on Carraway to win.

Last I saw he was about 5/2. Still around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,331 ✭✭✭xtal191

Almeida by Submission

9/4 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Love to have seen conor meet Stevens

Garbrandt by Submission

i got him at 10 euro 3/1 on betfair a few mins ago for 10 euro and 5 euro on him to win by sub at 8/1 :cool:

I know Sterling is good on the ground but Carraway is epic at submissions surely 8/1 is a really good price :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭tinpib

De La Rocha is 37? Not so confident about my 1 euro bet on him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Almeida by Submission
    Fast start here surely won't go the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

2 useless bums

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Almeida by Submission
    Pretty awesome first round to kick things off. I love looking at a card and seeing a heavyweight fight opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Almeida by Submission
    Haven't looked forward to a non-PPV event as much in a while. Might not have big name star power, there's lots of even fights with guys who like to finish.

Think Almeida wins the main event, although I definitely wouldn't rule out Garbrandt catching him as he does get wild with his striking. I've a double on Carraway on pts and Stephens by ko that works out about 31/1. I just think both lads are being written off a bit prematurely and it's a value bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

jcd5971 wrote:
    2 useless bums

That's probably a bit harsh Milsted is not a complete bum

Advertisement