Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats in Apartments.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Speedwell wrote: »
    You're in for a fun time. One huge tip... she will be a little burr for many weeks, as she learns how to bite and scratch only what she should bite and scratch. If she tries to latch on and bite you in play, immediately substitute a toy for your hand. If she tries to scratch the furniture or the carpeting, immediately say NO, redirect her to a scratching post, make little scratchy motions with her front paws on it for a second, and give her a treat. Soon enough you will see her fight the toy and scratch the post on her own; reward her and continue to say NO when she does it in the wrong way. I have 15-year-old cats who have behaved perfectly ever since they were a year old, and a year-old kitten who "forgets" sometimes but is almost finished learning. Some of this I learned on my own, some I found out only recently; I didn't forget you've had cats before :)

great tips , we got little scratch box for beside the couch and theres one or two in evry room , Cushions for the windowsills so she cant hop up and watch the world , two cat trees and loads of toys so hopfully will have enough to keep her entertained , from talking to the foster shes very affetionate , lite trained and super well behaved but can be a little skittish around kids other animals and loud noises. probably all from when she was lost outside on her own poor little mite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Well we got our Kitten , picking her up Thursday. shes very young only 7 weeks and was found on her own two weeks ago , they had been looking for a quite experience home to take her and we fit the bill , absolutely buzzing :)

I think there's something wrong with this post, it's missing a picture

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I think there's something wrong with this post, it's missing a picture

Totally agree , we'r picking her up from her foster-er tomorrow night , plenty of pics to follow :)

13880216_1489821007710879_2633877059741209914_n.jpg?oh=2a5b7e78ab2d4012447872ea571b4e59&oe=5859EF1D

Picture of the new arrival as promised - thanks for all the advice guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Picture of the new arrival as promised - thanks for all the advice guys :)

Awww, she looks so much like my kitty Ink 15 years ago that a tear literally came to my eye (and I am discussing hard economics in another thread, lol). She's precious. May you have many wonderful years together. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Absolute beauty.

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Absolute beauty.
    Speedwell wrote: »
    Awww, she looks so much like my kitty Ink 15 years ago that a tear literally came to my eye (and I am discussing hard economics in another thread, lol). She's precious. May you have many wonderful years together. :)

Thanks guys , yeh she's a little stunner and an absolute Sweetheart full of cuddles and purrs for us and anyone else who's come over since we got her . by far the least skittish and most affectionate kitten i've ever had , she's settled in so quick too were absolutely delighted with her.

Cant say enough for <snip> too all really really lovely people an it was evident her fosterer had taken great care of her and trained her really well so hats off to those guys not an easy job but their playing an absolute blinder :)

Advertisement