Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 23-5-16 *Extreme Rules Spoilers*

Options
  • 23-05-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

The Man' comes around, Seth Rollins returned in epic fashion at Extreme Rules, destroying Roman Reigns and setting his sights on the WWE World Heavyweight Championship he never lost. What will The Architect's first move be when he returns to Raw?

CjJYYf8WsAEh-ce.jpg

1. Make Rusev great again
    The reign of Kalisto as U.S. Champion came to a (Bulgarian) brutish end at the hands of Rusev, who begins his second stint as the star-spangled champion thanks to a backbreaking Accolade that forced The King of Flight to submit. Now, while Kalisto looks to regroup, Rusev has the opportunity to pick up where he left off in 2015, when he was riding both a title reign and an undefeated streak. Will The Bulgarian Brute reassert himself as the most fearsome Superstar in WWE?

2. New Era, New Day
    The bygone era will have to wait: The New Day officially vanquished The Vaudevillains at Extreme Rules after suffering three weeks of beatings at the hands of the gentlemen brawlers. The victory reasserts The New Day’s position atop the Tag Team division with at least three tandems that can challenge them. The Vaudevillains could call in a rematch (they’d have a case given that Kofi Kingston’s interference saved the champions’ chances). The Shining Stars might look to make a statement. And then there’s Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson …

3. Good brothers, bad intentions
    Gallows & Anderson beat and beat up on The Usos in Extreme Rules’ hellacious Tornado Tag Team Match. Though fellow Club-mate AJ Styles may not get another WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match (more on that in a minute), Gallows & Anderson can make a solid case for a WWE Tag Team Title opportunity. Whether they choose to go that route or simply beat up on tag teams for recreation seems to be entirely up to them. Either way, it’ll be must-see.

4. Hand of the Queen
    Charlotte retained her WWE Women’s Championship against Natalya in a Submission Match without the help of Ric Flair. However, she did need help after all at Extreme Rules. Dana Brooke’s Ric Flair imitation and subsequent cheap-shot of The Queen of Harts set up Natalya to submit to the Figure-Eight. With Charlotte's reign preserved, is there anyone in the women’s locker room who can overcome her now that Dana is apparently watching her back?

5. Return of 'The Man'
    Roman Reigns barely even had a second to enjoy retaining his WWE World Heavyweight Championship over AJ Styles at Extreme Rules when Seth Rollins returned from injury and completely eviscerated The Big Dog, staking his claim on the title he never lost in the ring. Whether AJ Styles is willing to step aside is another matter entirely, but it’s safe to say The Architect will have plenty to say when his rebuilding project begins in earnest. See what goes down when Raw airs live at 1 am on Sky Sports 5.

252_RULES_05222016jg_1370--416ce23944f982eb9f8b3674d8fef3c9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rusev should enjoy his reign tonight, i think he might have a challenger next week

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rusev should enjoy his reign tonight, i think he might have a challenger next week

They should leave the US Title on Rusev for a while... If it happens next week that Cena comes back after a long period out injured, and beats him for the title, I will be :mad:, surely they can find something else for Cena to do..

Obviously just pure speculation that Cena will be challenging..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They should leave the US Title on Rusev for a while... If it happens next week that Cena comes back after a long period out injured, and beats him for the title, I will be :mad:, surely they can find something else for Cena to do..

Obviously just pure speculation that Cena will be challenging..

Where else does Cena really fit in though?

And he never got his rematch so there's one reason why he might get a shot straight away

Back to the weekly us open challenges if he does win, the one good thing about being champ

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mitb qualifiers tonight

Sammy Zayn vs Sheamus
    Cesaro vs Miz
    Aj Styles vs Kevin Owens
    Ambrose vs Ziggler
    Apollo crews vs y2j

Zayn,cesaro,styles, Ambrose and Apollo for me I think. Would love to see Owens with the briefcase

Huh the blonde streak in Rollins hair is gone.

• Advertisement

Cena to be in the mitb match ??:

Rollins back is best for business

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Cena to be in the mitb match ??:

Rollins back is best for business

Yes, yes it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Huh the blonde streak in Rollins hair is gone.

Looked like he was already letting it grow out before he was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good man, Seth. Stay heel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Awh the crowd wanted to cheer him. Ah well

A fued of booos lovely

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Rollins is still a heel. Jesus Christ.

OH FUCK OFF ROMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

Rollins is gold on the mic, like hayman pure genius

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The guy got an insane reaction and then they have him go heel which totally kills all of the reaction. No one wants to boo him ffs.

They. Are. Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JBL-"A classic by Roman Reigns" What, did he have a match with himself? Fcuking hate Vince.

So reigns will win this fued and go into summerslam as champ ???

Nice of Reigns to just stand there politely right in front of the guy who assaulted him last night. There's your badass.

So reigns will win this fued and go into summerslam as champ ???

Jesus no.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reigns' contact lenses are ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Fantastic start to RAW

KO would be a great Mr.MITB but rooting for Ambrose here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭paconnors

this is a long shot but i'm calling it, Ambrose to win MITB, and making the championship match a Triple Threat?

Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Balor should interfere in the Owens-Styles match, neither man can afford to lose clean, Balor will get the huge pop, everyone will think he will be interfering against Owens but takes out Styles! A man can wish!

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Fantastic start to RAW

KO would be a great Mr.MITB but rooting for Ambrose here

Shield world title triple threat main event at summerslam ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Shield world title triple threat main event at summerslam ???.

I bloody hope so, I'm going!!

Owens should win MITB as it's better on a heel, but I don't know if they'll go that route since logic isn't the main priority.

I'm still pissed off that they are keeping Rollins heel when he should be face, and keeping Reigns face when he should be heel. I find this idiotic beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon bray wyatt wins the money in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭tinpib

ha ha. Who shouted that "He's a diabetic!" when New Day were going to throw the cake at JBL? One of the other new day, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

The guy got an insane reaction and then they have him go heel which totally kills all of the reaction. No one wants to boo him ffs.

They. Are. Idiots.

Are heels faces and vice versa to Vince now?

He may be a genius in other ways but he is not a wrestling genius. WWE looks more like North Korea everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haha the plasters on Jericho and the expression on his face, might be well past his prime in the ring but everything he does outside of it is gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Thank god Enzo is back, Cass was dying on the mic without him.

Advertisement