Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LAD Bible stealing content?!?

Options
  • 22-05-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was minding my own business yesterday scrolling through the front page of Imgur where I found very funny content which genuinely created a LOL moment as you say. So this morning then I woke up and saw some familiar posts on The LAD Bible's Facebook page. I said to myself "Wait a minute... this was on Imgur last night." They gave no credit to who actually came up with this funny piece of marvelous art and even stole the headline for their own benefit. I don't know how long they have been stealing content off of Imgur users and if they are stealing from there and letting the content off as their own I can't imagine where else they are stealing it from! I have lost all of my respect for The LAD Bible who I used to think were being funny and original and now they are scum to me. Good day Sir/Madame and I hope I have opened your eyes to the truth!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Sooooo, just like most of Boards then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

You had respect for the LAD Bible? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Somebody on the internet stole something :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I don't follow them or pay much attention to the sort of stuff they post but from what I've gathered they're fairly notorious for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The entire internet runs off people stealing **** from Imgur and Reddit. You think these 'journalists' do their own research??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I made this

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's pretty much their entire business model

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I think somebody started a thread about this already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

A click bait site stealing content, well I never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

They all steal off each other,joe.ie,fm104,the Lad Bible.then you always get the paddy last who posts it up 2-3 weeks after the others have milked it for views

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

So it's kinda like Boards & Reddit then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

They all steal off each other,joe.ie,fm104,the Lad Bible.then you always get the paddy last who posts it up 2-3 weeks after the others have milked it for views

Everyone is at it. Unfortunately it's now the only way to make money, aside from paywalls. Have a look at the side-bar on the left of Time's website and tell me if it's any different from the side-bar on the right of the Daily Mail. Everyone is blending into one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

You'll love joe.ie then. Most of the internet is a day or 2 behind reddit anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

"This OP thinks that the LAD bible is stealing content. You won't believe what happens next!"

All these sites are dog**** and they are making the internet crap because utter mongs love them and keep sharing them around to other utter mongs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

LADBible has been stealing everything from reddit for ages. Absolute ****e page.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every single "journo" are scouring the net to avoid having to leave their office and do some real work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I can't think of the specific examples of he top of my head but Boards has had a couple of good/witty/inventive threads on a current event only for WaterfordWhispers to post an article soon after basically nabbing the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

They do the same with reddit and tickld, giving credit happens once in a blue moon

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

TheBiz wrote: »
    They do the same with reddit and tickld, giving credit happens once in a blue moon

Usually after someone calls them out on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

"Content aggregator sites" is the technical term i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Lyk if u cryd evry time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ah sure, the Daily Mail does a sh!tload of this AND they're the most visited site in the World. I really hope there are a few high profile court cases to put an end to this Poxy practise but I won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

TheBiz wrote: »

Giving credit doesn't even mean anything. They still basically get all the clicks and the 'likes' It's not like they have to share their internet money with the content creator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

I made this
    I made this

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

Coincidence the credited... I think NOT... Your welcome!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They normally give the credit in the comments rather than on the main article.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They normally give the credit in the comments rather than on the main article.

Go check posts from Sunday and before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So it's kinda like Boards & Reddit then?

Reddit creates a hell of a lot of content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The gaming side of LAD Bible (Gaming Bible?) posted one of my videos from my Youtube channel but gave credit and linked both the Youtube video and my channel, rather than them re-uploading the video to Facebook.

Considering I had to battle with a load of other random FB pages stealing my videos they actually did the right thing.

Facebook is a scourge on facilitating content-stealing.

Advertisement