Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,292 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So the next big DLC has supposedly been leaked and confirmed as Rise of Iron, with a fallen based raid.

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2016/05/20/destiny-rise-of-iron-expansion-leaked

It's also supposedly going to be bigger than the all previous expansions.

Kotaku said bigger than the either year one 'DLCs' - so would have it bigger than HoW and TDB, but possibly/probably still smaller than TTK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Think the story missions are called Fate of the Iron Lords - read that somewhere yesterday. If it delves into the lore (like the VoG missions in TTK) that could be AMAZING.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Lore?

What are you on about?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Lore?

What are you on about?

a body of traditions and knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group, typically passed from person to person by word of mouth.

Destiny Lore....

:confused:

Is this a "What story?" Destiny Joke? I'm confused.

• Advertisement

It was a good thread while it lasted :o

While still unsure if Cormac is having a dig at me (we will discuss this tomorrow, cormac....) I can't wait for the reveal on Thursday - gonna work from home so I can get to the gym and still be home in time for the stream. Starting at 5pm GMT, according to Deej.

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/739865413799038976

Wonder what level of detail they are going to go in to - I'm actually surprised they are doing this stream, I'd have thought it would be August (on assumption of September release) and it would be a few streams going in to each bit, like they did for TTK. When was their first twitch for TTK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

All the Destiny Story/Lore bashers be like..

tumblr_inline_ngua8bmX5H1r98lni.gif

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

All the Destiny Story/Lore bashers be like..

tumblr_inline_ngua8bmX5H1r98lni.gif

Still a better love story than Batman vs Superman.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Still a better love story than Batman vs Superman.

Does this mean the whole "better love story than twilight" has been replaced? :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Does this mean the whole "better love story than twilight" has been replaced? :P

I'd like to think so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

wexdevil wrote: »

Thought the reveal was at 5pm, per the tweets above. But it seems like it is ment to be 6pm. We're on BST at the moment, not gmt. Annoying!

It's currently 10:47 PT, so 6pm for us tomorrow. Would anyone actually be going by gmt at the moment? Seems odd to use it.

A 14 week hype train, could be exhausting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dropping previous gen also according to this, slightly earlier than I guessed:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/8/11887540/destiny-rise-of-iron-release-date-leak-ps4-xbox-one

Hmmmm.

Releasing on Xbox one, PS4.

Only current gen mentioned. If that was to hold true..... The potential implications are HUGE.

On tower talk they also pointed out HoW and TTK were registered as downloadable software. RoI makes no mention of download in its registration.

https://twitter.com/Sovereign_VII/status/740608279324155904 Some more details courtesy of the xbox store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

And yet another social space. The fact that they're dropping last gen can only be positive, one less thing for Bungie to blame at least. Ooh and new Crucible modes.

Nice one, a DLC pack based on the Vex! Sweet!

• Advertisement

I wonder if dropping the last gen will have a tangible impact in quality of life. The potential is there for increased vault space, larger fire teams, more players in patrol spaces - but can they separate the versions like that? Are the previous gen versions isolated enough for such in game changes to be possible.

The big thing I could certainly see happening is the new game space being far bigger and more detailed - without the memory constraints of last gen. Raid could be bigger too.

A 14 week hype train, could be exhausting!

All aboard
    GoodTheseHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Maximum light increased, and I was getting so close to 335 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Hopefully the new Titan gear drops the weird 80's shoulder pads.

will certainly be interesting to see if dropping the last gen has an effect.

Could be a bigger patrol area, with more enemies on screen - more allies too. Could be change to vault space.

It could simply be they have made this decision based on development time/costs with both of those an issue in the lead up to D2 - and we won't see much benefit to this step right now.

http://imgur.com/gallery/pY12g gallery of screenshots from the trailer

U8KicSF.png?1:Medium

1404.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

U8KicSF.png?1:Medium

I see the LFG posts already - Must have earned Iron Gallahorn, No Pre Order Scrubz :D

Pre-Order for Iron Gally = Pay to Win confirmed. Fcuk that sh!t, game is now ruined. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I want me an iron horn :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I want me an iron horn :P

Here ya go

NSFW

I found that a bit tooo quickly didn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Whatever floats yer boat knave ;-)

Calling BS on that - no way!

That is a real metal Penis. I kid you not. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It wouldnt shock me if it was a quest drop like the dreadfang sword thing tbh.

I called it back at the April update that they might up the LL to 350..... I just have a strange feeling they will for some reason.

• Advertisement

As long as it's not op or exotic who cares, they give prep order weps every expansion, their always crap.

Also apparently an XBOX leak shows it at 14gb so smaller than taken king, bigger than how and crota end

CqEVvcW.jpg

Those fallen* looks uhhh interesting

also the trailer if anyone is interested(captured from an iphone6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nohvpsvCYM

They look like fallen/vex pirates or something like that.

House of rain maybe?

From grimoire

The house of rain was a fallen House that foretold prophecies.They were lost in the whirlwind , but variks preserves their ancient prophecies.

It wouldn't surprise me if year that Iron Gjallahorn is just a skin for the exotic and it stays at Year 1 light levels or something.

Meaning it's not a "Pay-to-win" type thing. Anyway that's what I would hope. That it's merely a skin

• Advertisement

Embedding video

It's Back. In Black.

Needs an AC/DC backing track.

The lyrics are strangely relevant too:
    Back in black
    I hit the sack
    I've been too long I'm glad to be back
    Yes, I'm let loose
    From the noose
    That's kept me hanging about
    I've been looking at the sky
    'Cause it's gettin' me high
    Forget the hearse 'cause I never die

Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack
    Yes, I'm in a bang
    With a gang
    They've got to catch me if they want me to hang
    'Cause I'm back on the track
    And I'm beatin' the flack
    Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
    So look at me now
    I'm just makin' my play
    Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way

It wouldn't surprise me if year that Iron Gjallahorn is just a skin for the exotic and it stays at Year 1 light levels or something.

Meaning it's not a "Pay-to-win" type thing. Anyway that's what I would hope. That it's merely a skin

They made it a point to highlight that it's back. I'd be surprised if it was just a Y1 reskin. Why go to all the trouble? It'll be a Y2 lvl version, though I'd guess without the Wolfpack rounds, or at the very least nowhere near as many, and/or as powerful. I doubt it will be the same God Weapon it was in Y1, it'll just be another viable option.

Sweet I was looking for something in less than 640 x 480 that I could watch full screen on a ladies smart watch.

No need to tune in at 6pm CORK TIME now anyhow :p

Here ya go

NSFW

I found that a bit tooo quickly didn't I?

How long you been sitting on that gem ;)

It could also be a new Gjallahorn; without the wolf pack rounds, or its overall power massively reduced.

They were clear enough that Gjallahorn and Ice Breaker wouldn't be brought back - so I can't see a copy of it back in the game. It will be a rocket launcher, but not the one that basically broke the game.

They made it a point to highlight that it's back. I'd be surprised if it was just a Y1 reskin. Why go to all the trouble? It'll be a Y2 lvl version, though I'd guess without the Wolfpack rounds, or at the very least nowhere near as many, and/or as powerful. I doubt it will be the same God Weapon it was in Y1, it'll just be another viable option.

Nerf wolfpack rounds a touch and your good. Even adjust it's ammo count 1 round in chamber 1 in reserve. Like some of the legendary rockets

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How long you been sitting on that gem ;)

:eek::D

You never know when any of this sort of stuff will come in handy.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    They look like fallen/vex pirates or something like that.

Space Pirates :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Wolfpack rounds seems like an apt perk for an Iron banner based weapon.

Mod: If you're going to posts pictures of giant metal penises please don't embed them and instead mark them NSFW :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement