Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Im in the market, as the other posters have said it's tough out there - garages are advertising high but they don't seem to move for months and months.

Then the upgrade one is not seeing a price bump and will be here soon.

i don't envy anyone trying to move a car now, ICE or EV. in case of Tesla though the price of a new one is very close to the tiny number current in second hand market.

Also similar to another poster, I'd normally swear new I would never buy a car newer than 18 months - but I have a new Y, and may well end up with new 3 if the second hand 3 supply doesn't improve. They are just really great value (in so far as depreciating assets go), a 60-70k car for 40-50k.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone got a granny cable suitable for a Kia phez going cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Is that Mercedes one yours? Looks very short.

Thanks for the tesla tip, seems ok value.

I've an offer on a kia one on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

No, I picked up one cheap a few years ago for my fathers merc, one for work, one he already had for the house, it worked grand till a wire broke, then it was intermitting, adjust it and it worked till the wind or gravity broke the connection, then it wasn't worth the hassle, I fixed one before, it was screwed together, just cut the wires and connect it back up.

That unit is welded, impossible to fix. its coiled its 4 meters at least, I would think the strain from the coil broke the wire in the 3 pin end.

The tesla one can charge at 7 kw if you buy the adaptor for it, other wise I presume its 2.3 kw.

https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/blue-adapter---16a_32a-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Just heads up on the UMC. They usually don't co-operate with adapters etc so using a type2 to type1 for instance this won't charge a leaf but other 32A cables would.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Core6

I have a new unused Tesla "granny" charger for sale. It is what Tesla call their Mobile Connector.

I bought it before I got delivery of my Model 3 as I thought that it didn't come with one.

It is still in the Tesla bag in the cardboard box it was delivered in.

I paid €200 for it and want to get as much back as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

The prices were increased towards the end of 2022 by 3 - 5k if memory serves, just after their last 0% offer, at that point the top spec 40kW one was about 35k OTR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Far cry from the 19950 offers of not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,915 ✭✭✭✭unkel

In fairness those offers were on the 24kWh model and back in early 2018. The car that never really cut the mustard as a family car because of the 100km range (not in winter or motorway). And that was a long time ago, we have seen a lot of inflation since then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Buffman

There's a Lidl warehouse sale in Mullingar this weekend that has 5m 22kW Type 2 charging cables for sale at €99.99. 3 year warranty, pretty good price IMO if anyone needs one. There was a good few left when I was there earlier.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭zg3409

Crashed Nissan leaf for parts, in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

aye, they're looking for 200+15p&p for a wing mirror 😂

btw, I'm selling my 201 SV Leaf 122kkm on DD if anyone knows anyone!.... bought a ID3 so looking for a quick enough sale.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I am changing the continental tyres that came on our MG4 if anyone wants to buy one or more as spare foe their MG4. 20k km mileage done since May.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Might be of interest to some.

Was in kilcock car dismantlers yesterday and they have a grey model 3 on a rack for breaking.

Didn't seem to be too badly damaged.

Their pricing is usually off the scale. Unless you have a relationship with them based on decent value of previous purchases. As in if you've bought multiple battery packs from them before each worth several grand.

But I guess always worth a call. Try Traynors in the north too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We still have the original tyres for MG4 in our shed. They're just taking up space so if anyone would like to come abd take one for a spare let me know.

What do I need to track what power going into the car for work(downloadable in excel would be great), i've just have a dumb VW charger, do I need a new one or is there something I can put on the power line, anyone one for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,708 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Something like this would be ideal.

DAZZLEEX Tuya Smart Life WiFi Energy Meter 80A with Clamp CT Power Monitor Electricity Statistics 50/60Hz https://amzn.eu/d/hypLREd

No need to wire through as it's CT based. But there are various other WiFi ones that you would wire in series. Obviously that comes with the issue of wiring changes and load capability of the device itself (safety)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Working link, I think..

DAZZLEEX TUYA Smart Single Phase Meter - WiFi Energy Meter 80A with Current Transformer Clamp Kwh Power Monitor Electricity Statistics 35mm Rail https://amzn.eu/d/5SZ026Y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,708 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

All the info was there. I just made it presentable 👀

Thanks fo that, ever the one for a bargain I orderd 2, can I use the second one to monitor the rest of the house, would help me figure out what's using what..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It looks to me like one unit can monitor 2 circuits, you could use one clamp for the CP and another for the total house load. It's certainly a more modern version of my trusty owl monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭g0g

Wanted - EV in € 15K (ideally) up to € 20K (less ideal, but doable) bracket. Would be paying up front in cash.

Our Leaf 24 (2015) died in a crash (everyone ok) over the weekend so I'm on the hunt for a replacement second car. Happy to take any recommendations on bargains people have spotted out there! Would love to get something soon, although can wait a couple of weeks for the right deal. As a second car it's very unlikely to be used for long journeys so most charging will be at home. Chademo vs CCS and that Leaf charge throttling thing less of a concern to us.

MUST HAVE

1) 5 seats

2) 5 or less years old

3) Targeting <80K km so that interior is in reasonable nick

4) Android Auto

5) 200km+ range

6) Reverse Camera

7) Not a model known for tons of problems!

NICE TO HAVE

1) Heated Seat/Wheel

2) Leather

3) Would love if still under manufacturer warranty or at least garage warranty to reduce risk

4) Decent app for pre-heating etc

On my radar are Leaf 40, Ioniq, and maybe ID3? Wife doesn't like look of eGolf. Sat in a L40 today and felt lovely and familiar inside. Will try sit in an Ioniq too tomorrow. Feel free to PM any ideas or add here. Thanks in advance!

You don't need huge range and you don't mind CHAdeMO, so the L40 looks like it will be ideal for you. We have seen several of them well under the lower end of your budget (€15k-20k)

ID.3 is far smaller in the back, unless you have 3 very small people (and not all in child seats), it wouldn't be a car suitable for 5

Next big step up would be Tesla Model 3, but still well out of your budget

Any reason Ioniq should be discounted? Does my budget not match with age profile options?

I'm a big fan of Ioniq, had one myself for 3 years. But in your case, it doesn't really add much over a Leaf. You don't need range, efficiency, faster charging, long distance driving and you don't mind CHAdeMO. Leaf in a good spec has a nicer interior, the Ioniq is stricly an econobox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

+1 on the Leaf 40. Perfect for you and easy to get with your budget. I'd be aiming for the SVE spec of course.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

Thanks both, if you spot any keenly prices please be sure to share! Guessing too much to hope for a 62 in that bracket? It looks to have more power? And definitely SVE/Tekna would be ideal

Advertisement