Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

For sale/wanted (cars/parts/etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

out of interest I fired up the LeafSpy (hadn't used it in over a year). SOH is a bit over 87%. I think around 85% is when it loses a bar.
    it's had 21 quick charges, 878 L1/L2 charges. probably par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

out of interest I fired up the LeafSpy (hadn't used it in over a year). SOH is a bit over 87%. I think around 85% is when it loses a bar.
    it's had 21 quick charges, 878 L1/L2 charges. probably par for the course.

Depends on how old it is.

People tend to lose the first bar (<85%) around 4-5yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,891 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

KCross wrote: »
    Depends on how old it is.

People tend to lose the first bar (<85%) around 4-5yr old.

Uh oh, mines at 4-5 years old :eek:

Still on 12/12, need to fire up LeafSpy again last I checked was before lockdown and it was at 91%, I'd say sitting around gathering dust for 6 months has done it no favours

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

slave1 wrote: »
    Correct, it's another reason to see if a prospective purchaser has the funds to go from L24 to L30 as nearly all L24 now gone out of warranty and there's still years left in a L30 warranty and the kilometer allowance is quite generous.
    Pure peace of mind, eg if I sold my 162 as a L24 then EV component warranty expires in less than a year, but as it's a L30 then all covered until 2024.
    Used Leaf likely a second car in the house and/or first EV purchase so that extra warranty a good selling point.

Ugh, I didn't realise the warranty on the 24kWh was shorter :mad:

I was planning on selling my 2016 Leaf 24 next year, might need to accelerate that plan a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭zg3409

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

zg3409 wrote: »

Didn't know leather was an option here, and it looks Irish. Maybe it's the images, but that's the first time I've seen a Kona and thought it looked well inside. Red looks great too.
    Bargain indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Just to update, I sold my 2015 L24 with 96K on the clock for €7800, there was a ding in the door that would cost €500 to repair. Battery was 91% SoH, for 60 fast charges and 1600 L2\L3s. I sold it to an EV dealer.
    When I factor in savings on fuel, tax and servicing for five years, the total cost of ownership to me on the Leaf was €5000.
    Good value I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

EVs are great value as their cost of running is very low. But your above figure is not the total cost of ownership though as that has to include all costs, including the big ones like depreciation and interest :)

But yeah, it is well possible that if you buy a €4k EV now, that its total cost of ownership over say 3 years is lower than if someone gave you a similar age ICE car for free...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Didn't know leather was an option here, and it looks Irish. Maybe it's the images, but that's the first time I've seen a Kona and thought it looked well inside. Red looks great too.
    Bargain indeed.

There's a lot of plastic and it's a bit tight but it's still a very good car. No love for them on here though.

I did a quick tally up of the total cost of ownership of my Ioniq that I bought brand new and kept for 3 years. Including depreciation, opportunity cost of money, tax, insurance, maintenance, servicing, tyres, tolls and fuel it cost me €225 per month or €8,100 over 3 years, everything included.

My last car, an old banger, cost me about the same per month on petrol alone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭eagerv

Bargain indeed.

I think all the Irish 64kWh had leather, no ACC or LEDs though afaik.
    Saw a new one (Single paint colour) in Waterford dealer on Sunday with a windscreen price of €42,500!

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    I did a quick tally up of the total cost of ownership of my Ioniq that I bought brand new and kept for 3 years. Including depreciation, opportunity cost of money, tax, insurance, maintenance, servicing, tyres, tolls and fuel it cost me €225 per month or €8,100 over 3 years, everything included.

My last car, an old banger, cost me about the same per month on petrol alone :D

Ugh, I did some calculations on my Ioniq vs my old car. Ioniq is certainly cheaper, but the depreciation over the last 18 months has been pretty hard, but any car I was going to buy was going to depreciate anyways. Ioniqs were holding fast at ~21k for a while, then dropped to 18k around the start of covid.

Yeah COVID doesn't help. My Ioniq was for sale, but sale provisionally agreed and car to be picked up and payed for in a couple of days when all those imbeciles spread rumours via whatsapp that all supermarkets were going to be under armed guard by the army from that evening :(

And of course one of the main attractions of EVs is for people who do big commutes, they save themselves a fortune on fuel. When big commutes are mostly gone, there's a lot less of a reason to buy an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

We purchased our L24 SV at four months old with 1200 kms on the clock for €22.5K. We traded in a three year old 1.6 diesel fabia. My wife daily commute is 8K, suburb to city centre.
    My comparison is based on what if we'ld kept the diesel and run it for five years.
    Fuel, servicing and tax for five years, € 10K saving. Leaf needed one set of tyres and 2 sets of wiper blades, headlight bulb.
    I can't see a diesel doing 95KKm without some major service such as dmf,dpf timing belt.
    So 22.5 - 10 - 8, gives me 5K, for a much nicer car to drive.
    We're going to try that again with an ID3.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

njburke wrote: »
    Just to update, I sold my 2015 L24 with 96K on the clock for €7800, there was a ring in the door that would cost €500 to repair. Battery was 91% SoH, for 60 fast charges and 1600 L2\L3s. I sold it to an EV dealer.
    When I factor in savings on fuel, tax and servicing for five years, the total cost of ownership to me on the Leaf was €5000.
    Good value I think.

thanks for the data here. I'll be revising my pricing down. That's a good level of SOH given the mileage.

Agree on the other posts re. cost of ownership. it can be very cheap TCO but you need to be doing the miles to get the benefit. I certainly ain't!

njburke wrote: »
    Just to update, I sold my 2015 L24 with 96K on the clock for €7800, there was a ding in the door that would cost €500 to repair. Battery was 91% SoH, for 60 fast charges and 1600 L2\L3s. I sold it to an EV dealer.
    Good value I think.

Ugh, I'd been hoping for €9500 for my 2016 Leaf 24 but my stats are worse than yours

Battery @ 87% SoH after 143 fast charges and 3076 slow charges.
    57,942km on the clock

Reckon I better revise my pricing down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Ugh, I'd been hoping for €9500 for my 2016 Leaf 24 but my stats are worse than yours

Battery @ 87% SoH after 143 fast charges and 3076 slow charges.
    57,942km on the clock

Reckon I better revise my pricing down :(

Is there not a counting error with L2 charges on the Gen1 Leaf where it double counts each charge? So 3k charges is really 1.5k. Think about it......you would have had to plug the car in twice per day to get to 3k L2 charges on a 2016 car.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Looking to sell my 141 Grey Leaf - 24kwH / 6.6 charger / 11 of 12 bars remaining. Perfectly functioning car but with two kids we had to go back to ice for now, apparently :)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2014-nissan-leaf-grey-24kwh-6-6-charger/25995067

PM if interested.

Leaf Spy stats coming if I can get my hands on it.

Is there not a counting error with L2 charges on the Gen1 Leaf where it double counts each charge? So 3k charges is really 1.5k. Think about it......you would have had to plug the car in twice per day to get to 3k L2 charges on a 2016 car.

That would make more sense, unless someone has been secretly charging my car during the day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 moose52c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Looking to sell my 2009 Prius, if anyone is interested,

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-t3-vvt-i-tax-nct-now-4-150-ono/26041901

Trading up to 181 Prius, so sticking with Toyota, and would like to sell privately than trade in

NCT is until end of the month (was 30 June but extended because Covid till End Oct), but cant get a date until early next year in local centre, last NCT was June 2019.

Priced competitively, given the age and mileage and compared to others,

Dublin based if anyone is interested let me know,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭zg3409

cloughy wrote: »
    NCT is until end of the month, but cant get a date until early next year in local centre,

Done deal Link did not work for me

Telephone NCT , wait on hold for 20 minutes then they will add you to cancellation list and send you text within 2 weeks with Random date and time for test. Also check website after 11pm as cancellations go online late evening. Car is worth more and easier to sell with fresh nct. (Or knock 1000 off). Note most cars got 4 months free compared to paper cert on your window so check due date on nct site carefully as you may be due 4 months more than you think.

Hopefully link works, NCT was out end June so extended to 31 Oct.

Will try and get NCT date, as torn between trading in, have 18d waiting for me ir holdong on and selling privately,

Assistance welcomed

Hopefully link works

Still doesn't work.

If you can't figure out how to do links, just paste the full address into your post and we can work it out from there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Still doesn't work.

This is probably it:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2009-toyota-prius-t3-vvt-i-tax-nct-now-4-150-ono/26041901

Good luck with the sale :).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Still doesn't work.

If you can't figure out how to do links, just paste the full address into your post and we can work it out from there

In fairness you just post the full link anyway and boards will turn it into a link on it's own :D
    The link seems to be working now.

Still doesn't work.

Works for me now

Looking to sell my 2009 Prius, if anyone is interested,

Trading up to 181 Prius, so sticking with Toyota, and would like to sell privately than trade in

NCT is until end of the month (was 30 June but extended because Covid till End Oct), but cant get a date until early next year in local centre, last NCT was June 2019.

Priced competitively, given the age and mileage and compared to others,

Dublin based if anyone is interested let me know,

We sold our 09 Prius in February this year, just before Covid struck.
    Same colour as yours, but the slightly higher spec one, with updated sound system, cruise and fogs. Mileage a little higher, iirc about 190K km. Our asking price was €4950. The car was an Irish car and had a full service history with Toyota, incl the hybrid health checks and according to Toyota was under warranty for almost a year more.

Within the first day of the ad, we had about 6 callers, a few of course time wasters, offering the usual 2K or less. There was one very interested, who came down the next day (About a 150 km drive), drove car and we accepted his close offer.

Back to your ad, I would suggest better pics, the one of the engine bay shows leaves not cleaned out and looks uncleaned. And the photo of the rear of car shows a lot of marks on the sill. Also the centre console armrest looks to be stained, may just be the pic, but ours cleaned up well before advertising.

Good pics help sell a car, also mentioning service history, health checks etc are also important.

Good luck selling the car, they are a good one..

Thanks for the comments, and yes I have cleaned the car outside and inside at the weekend, so will take more pics tomorrow and upload.

Also managed to get NCT booking for Thursday week, in another dublin centre, just refreshing NCT booking page, on Saturday morning could have got one for tomorrow, but thought I had someone buying the car, only today for them to pull out.

The seats have a bit of wear due to age, but scrubbed them today so hopefully look better.

Think the trade in allowance against a 181 prius is about 2,500, what realistically do you think private sale with NCT could achieve, as if not that much in it, would just trade in.

Getting a decent deal of €20k plus my Prius for a 181 Prius Luxory model, with less than 30k km on the clock, from main Toyota dealer, which I think is a good deal, what do others think?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the comments, and yes I have cleaned the car outside and inside at the weekend, so will take more pics tomorrow and upload.

Also managed to get NCT booking for Thursday week, in another dublin centre, just refreshing NCT booking page, on Saturday morning could have got one for tomorrow, but thought I had someone buying the car, only today for them to pull out.

The seats have a bit of wear due to age, but scrubbed them today so hopefully look better.

Think the trade in allowance against a 181 prius is about 2,500, what realistically do you think private sale with NCT could achieve, as if not that much in it, would just trade in.

Getting a decent deal of €20k plus my Prius for a 181 Prius Luxory model, with less than 30k km on the clock, from main Toyota dealer, which I think is a good deal, what do others think?

I am out of touch with the prices of Prius now, but I would imagine you would do a better deal on the 181 even if you sell your 09 at the trade in price.

But there is a lot of convenience in trading in...

Advertisement