Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Open 2016

Options
1789101113»

Comments

i don't see Murray ever beating Djokovic in a GS semi or final again, Wimbledon or not. Djokovic just has his measure and Murray knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

glasso wrote: »
    i don't see Murray ever beating Djokovic in a GS semi or final again, Wimbledon or not. Djokovic just has his measure and Murray knows it.

We will have to see how motivated Djokovic remains to 'dig in'.

His career could be said to be complete at this point, i know he will at least want to make 14 or 15, but the utter commitment to the cause has to subconsiously diminish at some stage?

Murray may well be better motivated over the next couple of years (and djokovic might end up with a bad draw and a 5 hour SF or something)

Murray might in fact have a better chance if he dropped back down to no 3 and had a chance of playing djokovic in a semi. There is little chance of that happening in the near future given the alck of someone pushing up behind him.

lostcat wrote: »
    We will have to see how motivated Djokovic remains to 'dig in'.

His career could be said to be complete at this point, i know he will at least want to make 14 or 15, but the utter commitment to the cause has to subconsiously diminish at some stage?

Murray may well be better motivated over the next couple of years (and djokovic might end up with a bad draw and a 5 hour SF or something)

Murray might in fact have a better chance if he dropped back down to no 3 and had a chance of playing djokovic in a semi. There is little chance of that happening in the near future given the alck of someone pushing up behind him.

Djokovic does not see his career complete in any way and wants to get the record number of slams. Ironically one of the things pushing him on to achieve this is the whole "unloved" thing going on with and fans.

Djokovic and Murray are broadly the same age so barring injury Murray is not going to leap ahead of him physically.

Mentally Djokovic seems to have Murray in his pocket and also in matches he seems to be able to come back at Murray every time Murray has a bit of a purple patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

glasso wrote: »
    Djokovic does not see his career complete in any way and wants to get the record number of slams. Ironically one of the things pushing him on to achieve this is the whole "unloved" thing going on with and fans.

Djokovic and Murray are broadly the same age so barring injury Murray is not going to leap ahead of him physically.

Mentally Djokovic seems to have Murray in his pocket and also in matches he seems to be able to come back at Murray every time Murray has a bit of a purple patch.

Djokovic will definitely want to go for an Olympic Gold medal also, I think losing in the semis in 2012 was a big disappointment for him.

Advertisement