Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

• 16-05-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Just got an email there for medical date. Anyone else get one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 confuseddude

Only seen the results were out there, no text or anything. Qualified so I'm not going to complain, haven't got a date yet but where did you come ranked? and how much notice were you given? and well done on passing the interview

also when did you do the interview and whens your medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Only seen the results were out there, no text or anything. Qualified so I'm not going to complain, haven't got a date yet but where did you come ranked? and how much notice were you given? and well done on passing the interview

Well if you qualified you passed! Congrats! Got between 65-80.
    Had my interview on the 6th of May. Medical is early June.

I was in the category of 70-85, did my interview the 26th of April. Did your results and medical date come together?

I was in the category of 70-85, did my interview the 26th of April. Did your results and medical date come together?

Results were posted on Friday. Check your public jobs. Got medical invitation an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Is the official stamp part at the end to be stamped by them when you send it off?

For office use only is says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

No, I haven't got my one yet, I did my interview last Wednesday and was ranked between 10-20 .

Congrats to all who have qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Highball3

Have medical next week! Is anyone in this week or early next week that can give more detail on how tests are carried out?! i.e is eye test just the reading letters off a board, is hearing test in one those boxes? Etc

• Registered Users Posts: 48 beaker4133

Highball3 wrote: »
    Have medical next week! Is anyone in this week or early next week that can give more detail on how tests are carried out?! i.e is eye test just the reading letters off a board, is hearing test in one those boxes? Etc

Did one for the 2008 campaign so not sure if it's the same but I think they roughly check the same things...nurse does the eye test which is off a board, urine test and hearing test which is in a small sound proofed room. Peak flow test also. Then upstairs to the doctor who does the remainder - height, weight, hernia check, general medical history. That's all I can remember at the moment and it was quite a few years ago so I hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Got my medical date yesterday. Mine will be mid June if all goes well :)

Will I be seeing any of use for the open day?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 beaker4133

RedmondHR wrote: »

Yeah heading down the 28th myself

Yea, I'll be heading down for a nose around :) , I'll prob be dien of a hangover but sure look! Ha

Where did you come ranked in the interview, Still haven't received my date yet.

Where did you come ranked in the interview, Still haven't received my date yet.

If you were asking me mate, I came between 15-20 in my interview, got my medical date a couple of days ago. So looking forward to that. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Everyone heading to templemore for open day next Saturday?

df14 wrote: »
    Everyone heading to templemore for open day next Saturday?

Will see you down there !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

Is the open day open to anyone or those who have passed the interview??

Is the open day open to anyone or those who have passed the interview??

I don't know, I would guess only those who passed the interview. We got an email invitation to attend the open day.

• Advertisement

I don't know, I would guess only those who passed the interview. We got an email invitation to attend the open day.

I haven't got an email about an open day or medical date, Passed the interview but the results was the last email I received. Ranked in 65-80 wonder has that anything to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mee86

Hey guys sorry just want to confirm what the BMI criteria is? I'm seeing under 30 in some old posts is that the case still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I don't know about the bmi to be honest dude, I've read 30 in other places too though.

I'm gonna be heading down on the 28th from Dublin, medical is on the third.

How's everyone's fitness coming along?

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I don't know about the bmi to be honest dude, I've read 30 in other places too though.

I'm gonna be heading down on the 28th from Dublin, medical is on the third.

How's everyone's fitness coming along?

Alright actually. After work yesterday ran the beep test got to 9.00 easy, 25 push ups easy. 35 sit ups in 54 seconds.

Yourself ?

I knew I was unfit but even in the last week due to motivation alone I've made good progress on the sit-ups and push ups so they should be grand. Nearly back to 5:30 a kilometre but haven't tried a beep test yet :/

Is there one available as an mp4 on the website? I've been traipsing through YouTube with no luck for the proper one.

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I knew I was unfit but even in the last week due to motivation alone I've made good progress on the sit-ups and push ups so they should be grand. Nearly back to 5:30 a kilometre but haven't tried a beep test yet :/

Is there one available as an mp4 on the website? I've been traipsing through YouTube with no luck for the proper one.

Yea you can download it as an app on the android for sure. Wouldn't know about ipod though.
    Beep fitness test. Make sure it's the right one.
    It pushes you but not to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Yea you can download it as an app on the android for sure. Wouldn't know about ipod though.
    Beep fitness test. Make sure it's the right one.
    It pushes you but not to much.

yeah theres an ios app for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

A colleague of mine got through to this stage also, they raised an interesting point about the fitness test and whether the beep test complies with equality legislation having different levels for men and women. Might be more of a point for the legal forum but does anybody know?

No idea!

This thread doesn't seem to be picking up much traction yet, gonna run through the beep test tomorrow and I'll let yas know, do we have any rough estimates on numbers that will be attending on Friday?

• Advertisement

Just wondering the guys who have received their medical dates and open day invitation was it in your publicjobs account or personal email?

Advertisement