Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G Wifi router with Sim Slot?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

i'm very happy with my B593 from the polish fella. i'm not an expert on this or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

i'm very happy with my B593 from the polish fella. i'm not an expert on this or anything.

Thanks for replying,
    Was looking at reviews from the Polish chap and some are saying that it gets delivered in very poor packaging and that condition of device has been damaged.
    What was yours like when delivered.

Hard to know if I should buy from there for £55 (€63) or buy from Amazon for their price of £115 (€130)
    But I should have better after sales service from amazon than from Poland I assume, but is that worth twice the price

can't remember the packaging but i suppose that means it was fine. everything was perfect.

Cheers might go for it so.
    Will this only work with 4G though, because my internet can fluctuate often from 4G to 3G

Berberis wrote: »
    Cheers might go for it so.
    Will this only work with 4G though, because my internet can fluctuate often from 4G to 3G
    Should be fine on 3G too, or even EDGE. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Definitely works on 3G

works on all the g's

well not 5 ...

Cheers folks.
    Ordered one today

The B593 arrived today and have just set it up this evening.
    Basiclly I put the sim into it and turned it on and then changed the password and wifi code etc.
    It works but won't have the time tonight to go all around the house to see if I get get a better signal than what I am currently getting. (2-3bars)
    I wonder if anyone could help with a few initial questions I have about the B593

When I log onto the http://192.168.1.1 under Simcard Status it has Pin Disabled. Should I enable it and if so how?
    Is there anyway I can check or send text messages with this. I could do this with the Huawei HiLink app for my old e5573. But don't seem to be able to find anything similar for the B593

Do I always have to have it plugged in. With the e5573 you could plug it out for a few hours and the battery would still connect the device to the internet and transmit wifi for a good few hours. I'm kind of concerned about leaving the B593 plugged in 24/7. What do others do.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm kind of concerned about leaving the B593 plugged in 24/7.

Dont be. Its designed to be. Only about 6-8w.

Mifi devices have batteries, but also dont compared to real desktop units.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 briankell74

Hi Guys
    I am wondering can anyone here help me out with regards a TP-Link TL-MR6400 300Mbps Wireless N 4G LTE Router that a friend has.
    When he is using IPTV netflix etc on a STB the screen is just black or with some times the programme coming on after about 30 seconds but more times not coming on at all ??

On the manual there is an IPTV setting but not sure about it ??
    Any help would be great.
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yvonne.joy.3

The B593 arrived today and have just set it up this evening.
    Basiclly I put the sim into it and turned it on and then changed the password and wifi code etc.
    It works but won't have the time tonight to go all around the house to see if I get get a better signal than what I am currently getting. (2-3bars)
    I wonder if anyone could help with a few initial questions I have about the B593

When I log onto the http://192.168.1.1 under Simcard Status it has Pin Disabled. Should I enable it and if so how?
    Is there anyway I can check or send text messages with this. I could do this with the Huawei HiLink app for my old e5573. But don't seem to be able to find anything similar for the B593

Do I always have to have it plugged in. With the e5573 you could plug it out for a few hours and the battery would still connect the device to the internet and transmit wifi for a good few hours. I'm kind of concerned about leaving the B593 plugged in 24/7. What do others do.

Thanks in advance

Hi I am just wondering have you had any issues with this? As in three haven't blocked the service or anything?
    I was doing the same but in a router that was from three which has now stopped working for me. Symbol shows a bright green instead of blue and devices connect but say no internet.

I'm wondering does using the unlocked router essentially bypass three being able to tell where the SIM is being used?
    Thanks.

Hi I am just wondering have you had any issues with this? As in three haven't blocked the service or anything?
    I was doing the same but in a router that was from three which has now stopped working for me. Symbol shows a bright green instead of blue and devices connect but say no internet.

I'm wondering does using the unlocked router essentially bypass three being able to tell where the SIM is being used?
    Thanks.

The router is working fine so far. Signal can be a bit slow at times, but then so could the old Three Mifi device.
    When I have the router closer to laptop I am getting faster speeds. (2.5 - 6 Mbps) which is mush faster than the usual 1Mbps I used to get from the huawei e5573. I live in an area which does not get good internet reception, but this is probally the best speeds we have ever had.
    I have also noticed that that my Upload speeds are nearly always twice or three times the speeds what the Download speeds are

I could not tell you if an unlocked router effects what Three are able to know about the sim or not

Thanks.

Nope, they'll still see IMEI/ICCD as normal and can interpret the device type.

just a question on the three sims - are you just getting the normal phone sim 20 e a month (as opposed to the broadband one which has a limited gb). are they still allowing unlimited use on the phone sim or capping/throttling it?

Yes, use the phone SIM. Three could prevent this but don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yvonne.joy.3

ED E wrote: »
    Nope, they'll still see IMEI/ICCD as normal and can interpret the device type.

So as I have a router from three but they stopped the SIM working in that router last night (it worked 100% if I put it into a phone). Could the same happen with the unlocked device? Or would it be harder for them to do then? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Currently using the oneplus5 in tethering and is working fine inside the window getting about 3mbs. What the cheapest 4g router I can get that will do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I noticed last night that three were throttling my tethered PC.

I had my OnePlusOne phone on 4g, and the PC tethered via USB cable.

The speeds were 3mb on the PC, but 45mb on the phone.

When I connected to my VPN on the PC, the connection speed went to 40mb.

They are obviously looking at the TTL or stack fingerprinting.

This was the first time I noticed it, so it must be a new thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement