Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 17 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

9 point drop off from Kuechly to the next best :eek:

By far and away the biggest gap between any players in the groups so far.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-strong-safeties

Bit of a drop off from Jones and chancellor to Chung and the rest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Top 5 FS's
    https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-free-safeties

I'd be playing Mathieu even Berry at CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Some love for the kickers too

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-kickers

First of all, I'm surprised at Justin Tucker not being in the top 5. Secondly, what's with the ratings here? Surely if you have kick power + accuracy in the 90s, your rating should be in the 90s? Why is 85 the highest have they changed something this year in regards to rating kickers?

• Advertisement

tgdaly wrote: »
    Some love for the kickers too

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-kickers

First of all, I'm surprised at Justin Tucker not being in the top 5. Secondly, what's with the ratings here? Surely if you have kick power + accuracy in the 90s, your rating should be in the 90s? Why is 85 the highest have they changed something this year in regards to rating kickers?

I think awareness plays a part,it has in previous one's anyway,I've often signed a kicker with overall's only in the high 60's,70's,high power,decent accuracy(which is easier upgrade than power) but terrible awareness.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Eli rated 81, despite throwing for more TDs than Any QB in the last two years is a little disappointing.

For example, Bortles is 82, Carr is 83, Matt Ryan 84, Romo 86. I didn't check, but Teddy is probably higher than him.

When you see Big Ben in the 90s then, he's fairly underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Sweet baby Jesus, I've just seen the Jags ratings.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings/?i=1&t=17&s=ovr_rating:DESC

The options... Never before has a Jaguars team been in such a good position from the start. There'll be no Tim Tebow deals with that roster. Allan Robinson an 88, I'm sweating.

Knex. wrote: »
    Eli rated 81, despite throwing for more TDs than Any QB in the last two years is a little disappointing.

For example, Bortles is 82, Carr is 83, Matt Ryan 84, Romo 86. I didn't check, but Teddy is probably higher than him.

When you see Big Ben in the 90s then, he's fairly underrated.

Can't believe it myself. Flacco, Bridgewater, Tyrod Taylor above him as well

• Advertisement

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-afc-teams

Team overall ratings released for the AFC team's, raiders and chiefs look good, jaguars are underrated imo

tripperman wrote: »
    https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-17-best-afc-teams

Team overall ratings released for the AFC team's, raiders and chiefs look good, jaguars are underrated imo

Wouldn't necessarily think so. I think they're getting overhyped, if anything, by a lot of folks.

They're one higher than the Jets, who still have a solid enough team. I don't see either finishing on a winning record this season, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know they have very little at QB, but the Broncos at 82 OVR (ranked the same as the Titans, below the Raiders and Ravens, and 1 point more than the Chargers, Texans and Bills) is madness IMO.

I think they'd be a great team to get in a franchise. The D is ridiculously good and the way you can progress rookies means that you could probably have Lynch up to above average levels by the end of season 1.

Chart to show how they work out a players overall rating.
    madden-chart.svg

Not sure if this is what Perrin had linked previously, but there is a breakdown of how they calculate overall ratings here

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2016/madden-new-ratings-hub

Playing the EA Access trial. Not really a big fan so far, tbh.

Really don't like the new kicking mechanics as its actually too clunky. Don't think anyone will be taking FG in online play, at all. Or even punts.

Edit: Yeah, the entire game feels clunky, kinda like Madden 2 years ago. Doesn't feel smooth at all. It might be partly down to lag, but I can go back and play Madden 16 without issue.

Will try again later to see if any difference. Might just take some getting used to.

Lads, changed my location to US, gave a random US address for my paypal, and picked up Madden for 52 dollars - 45 euro.

Almost 20 euro saved there.

A reddit review that is loving the game so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comments/4z4cpp/as_someone_who_played_20_hours_of_madden_17/

Have to say, that I think a lot of my early issues were latency related. I do still find the kicking clunky, and there's a bunch of stuff that I've yet to get used to, and some bugs that need fixing, but the game has some promise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Argos are selling it for €55.99. It went up on their site this morning. I doubt there will be cheaper in Ireland. It's cheaper to buy through PSN if you've a US or Canadian account but I'll probably get the physical disc this year as the price difference isn't much (and I have some Argos vouchers :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

How are finding the game, any good, worth getting for a casual player

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Argos are selling it for €55.99. It went up on their site this morning. I doubt there will be cheaper in Ireland. It's cheaper to buy through PSN if you've a US or Canadian account but I'll probably get the physical disc this year as the price difference isn't much (and I have some Argos vouchers smile.png )
    Meant to post this,Gamestop also are selling madden for trade in 2 games(from a list) and get it for a 9.99.Brought back Doom and Fallout 4 and got it for a €5 myself.
    Charizard wrote: »
    How are finding the game, any good, worth getting for a casual player
    Haven't played it yet myself but some of the guys have been playing on EA Access should be able to offer a opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

They have a lot of ways to speed up the game this year - skip intros - skip timeouts etc - also the game clock seems to move along faster than last season (a second is still a second) but just seems a lot more fluid!
    Havent played franchise mode yet but put in like 3 hours on MUT and its really good thus far - also i think the grades on players seem to be more accurate - if you have a 68 wide reciever he might just catch 1 pass out of 5 or a corner wont intercept - get someone of value in there - wr of 78 and the difference is considerable - which is awesome!

Have it downloading now, time to throw some intercepts with old Ryan down Miami way and die every time inside. But constantly refuse to use the ground game till second season when I trade everything for AP

Im finding UT really slow at loading, like maddening so

Charizard wrote: »
    Im finding UT really slow at loading, like maddening so

Pun?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are many people on here playing this?

On XB1, I believe we have myself, Perrin, Tripperman, Giff and Davetherave. That's going by who voted in a poll we had about the CFM for the year, anyway.

Surprised if numbers are that low, so there could well be more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm playing on PS4. I'm still undecided on it - there are bits of the game which annoy me where it seems to have taken a big step back from M16. I don't know what it is like on the XB1 but in my CFM game the AI calls cover three press constantly and I can just use a fast receiver to burn the CB for a touchdown pretty much every play. It is kinda demoralising.

I'm not sold on the commentary, blocking kicks is too easy, returning blocked kicks for TDs is too easy, either my understanding of the new touchback rule is wrong (possibly) or the game isn't implementing it correctly. I like that they've tweaked scouting but dislike what they have tweaked it to. I've scouted the entire class of QBs in my first draft class and only two are considered worthy of being drafted.

Advertisement