Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Turbo Factory

Options
  • 12-05-2016 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys in Drogheda, they also go under the name velesturbo ?

I had a turbo rebuilt by them last November, now this turbo is failing there is over 3mm of movment in the main bearing.

These guys claim a 2 year warranty with their rebuilt turbos.

However when my wife brought the turbo up to him last week he said that he had only bought the company from his friend 2 weeks ago and would not honour the warranty. We phoned his "friend" the previous owner, whose number also appears on their leafit he also fobed us off back the the original guy we spoke with.

So after some heated words he agreed to look at the turbo to see why it failed after a few months and 5000 kms, and fix it for 200 euro . I told him to check it but not to fix it, no way im paying him again.

He phoned back this morning blaming the car saying their was no oil pressure. This is a lie; the car has all new oil pump drive gear and pump and the pressure has been checked.

Im taking the turbo back from him tomorrow and Ill take it to a different builder.

Has anyone any advise on what I could do to try and get some remittance form these chancers ?

Sorry about the long post/rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Small claims court?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Do you have anything in writing?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

steveshort wrote: »
    ..........................He phoned back this morning blaming the car saying their was no oil pressure. This is a lie; the car has all new oil pump drive gear and pump and the pressure has been checked.

Im taking the turbo back from him tomorrow and Ill take it to a different builder.

Has anyone any advise on what I could do to try and get some remittance form these chancers ?

He probably means maybe not enough oil is getting to the turbo - oil feed to it can get half blocked

Maybe a bad remap too

tdi not suitable for you :

Blocked catty thingy will kill it :
    You assume I removed the filter to save money, wrong

The cost of removal v the cost of replacement was less then 200 euro

I removed it because it got blocked, and a new one would get blocked also as our car usage will not allow the car to perform a regeneration.
    Clearly I didn't know that it wouldn't be suitable for our driving circumstances when we bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd guess the burden of proof would have to determine if it was the component prematurely failed or it failed as a result of another underlying issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Too many times people see a second turbo fail and blame it on a faulty new part. It is quite possible that there is an issue with the car but to be honest it sounds like their customer service is a joke anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They didn't install the turbo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Often seen a reconditioned turbo with play in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Often seen a reconditioned turbo with play in it.

Sounds like there could be a few places running "recon turbo supply" the same way some places run "recon gearbox"? Rip out of scrapped car fit it with no work done and play a numbers game on how many fail inside warranty?

It would have a new cartridge alright but made by the small man in China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Has anyone had any dealings with these guys in Drogheda, they also go under the name velesturbo ?

I had a turbo rebuilt by them last November, now this turbo is failing there is over 3mm of movment in the main bearing.

These guys claim a 2 year warranty with their rebuilt turbos.

However when my wife brought the turbo up to him last week he said that he had only bought the company from his friend 2 weeks ago and would not honour the warranty. We phoned his "friend" the previous owner, whose number also appears on their leafit he also fobed us off back the the original guy we spoke with.

So after some heated words he agreed to look at the turbo to see why it failed after a few months and 5000 kms, and fix it for 200 euro . I told him to check it but not to fix it, no way im paying him again.

He phoned back this morning blaming the car saying their was no oil pressure. This is a lie; the car has all new oil pump drive gear and pump and the pressure has been checked.

I suppose one has to ask, why does it have all new oil pump drive gear?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I suppose one has to ask, why does it have all new oil pump drive gear?

Routine maintenance :pac:

It would have a new cartridge alright but made by the small man in China.

and incorrectly installed by some paddy leprechaun

gctest50 wrote: »
    and incorrectly installed by some paddy leprechaun

Its only nuts and bolts, clamps etc how does one incorrectly install it or did you mean install it and not bother diagnosis why it failed?

Bolt it up and hope for the best seems to be case in a lot of these :(

And for the 1.6 french crock of ****e engine where the gauze is in feed pipe it will go bang before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

Thanks for the replies;

Ive taken the turbo to a different builder, one with a good reputation in Drogheda hes gonna rebuild it.

Can figure how it failed though, Im thinking I will speak with my solicitor.

Thank again

Advertisement