Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glacial progress on the DCC housing list.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

They are rented bare.

The refurbishing is about making sure the electrics and plumbing are safe, and repairing structural damage (holes in walls, missing doors, broken windows etc) - and removing drug contamination.

Ah, ok. I was under the impression for some reason that furniture was provided.

Where are the tenants that cause all this damage gone and have they paid for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

... and have they paid for it?

Thanks Stoploo... I needed a good laugh.

No they won't have paid for it. Once you're bottlefeeding (and I'm in NO WAY aiming that at the OP or the majority of people in social housing) you have to be looked after either way. It's one of my biggest bug bears that people aren't taught personal responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ah, ok. I was under the impression for some reason that furniture was provided.

Where are the tenants that cause all this damage gone and have they paid for it?

You get it bare but you can get a grant from the local cwo to provide for furniture and white goods .

Probably moved to another council house ,transfer or evicted and they rarely ever have to pay for any damage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Skerries wrote: »
    what's the difference?

The birth record are the notes the hospital makes. The birth cert is the document in the GRO recording the fact of birth and names of parents etc. The birth record is key for getting social housing.

4ensic15 wrote: »
    The birth record are the notes the hospital makes. The birth cert is the document in the GRO recording the fact of birth and names of parents etc. The birth record is key for getting social housing.

No you just need a birth cert, passport ,pps number and an address

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    No you just need a birth cert, passport ,pps number and an address

No. You need a birth record marked H.O.

4ensic15 wrote: »
    No. You need a birth record marked H.O.

No my wife worked for a few months in a housing department no need for a birth record at all .
    Passports ,pps,numbers ,birth certs ,bank statements, and an address is what your asked for been through the process myself

• Registered Users Posts: 25,746 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No my wife worked for a few months in a housing department no need for a birth record at all .
    Passports ,pps,numbers ,birth certs ,bank statements, and an address is what your asked for been through the process myself

I'm pretty sure that different councils ask for different items - you are likely both right in your own neighbourhoods.

The birth record one sounds strange - what if someone was born overseas or born at home or whatever. But it may be enforced in some areas to fix particular problems.

Did you get a house? It is impossible without the birth record marked H.O. If it is not marked H.O. forget it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Let's not get hung up on a detail. Birth cert or birth record is not the reason for the delays on the housing list.

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    Let's not get hung up on a detail. Birth cert or birth record is not the reason for the delays on the housing list.

Apologies for the off topicness.

Advertisement