Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GTX 10xx Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Makes sense really. The number of people with SLI rigs a a tiny, tiny percentage of the market. The people with 3/4-way SLI is a tiny fraction of that. At least now they'll have more time to devote to SLI scaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭callumsdad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

callumsdad wrote: »

They need the two 8pin connections to power all the LEDs on the backplate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

There is also the GALAX revealed here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

That design sucks.

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-PGF-Edition-Graphics-Card-1-635x402.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

ED E wrote: »

Definitely holding off for Vega. I think this guy is bang on his prediction of 2x 980.

That design sucks.

ZOTAC-GeForce-GTX-1080-PGF-Edition-Graphics-Card-1-635x402.jpg
    Like your taste.

Reminds me of XSPC's waterblocks.

Cool in a 350d with colour coded theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

If I got one I'd have to go with a closed PC case :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Recent posts are making me cringe

Recent posts are making me cringe

How so?

If I got one I'd have to go with a closed PC case :)
    Noooooo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I dunno. If the LEDs can do a warm non icy white then I'd be very interested in it for my black and white VR build for which I also plan some other edge lit Perspex accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Zotac one not really my bag . But I can see why people might like it.

Each to their own n all that.

That said if it's cool /performance good I'd get.

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/gtx_1080_overclocked_3dmark_performance_leaked/1

Looks like it overclocks pretty nicely too. 24% bump at 2.1GHz (never thought I'd be using GHz for GPU clocks)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So... Are these going to be available on the usual retailers on the 27th or should we be seeing pre-order options soon? Think I'm going to splurge for the 1080 because I'm impatient as fcuk, have money burning a hole in my pocket for once... And the last proper graphics card I bought was a GTX460 :pac:

Not sure on that yet. I'd imagine we'll get release dates and the like when the review NDA lifts (which we know is prior to the 27th, rumour is the 17th).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,129 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Interested to see benches on these. I bought a second hand R9 290 last January. It's been pretty good and I gained some serious noticable improvements. But its very loud, and very warm.

Coming into a few $$$ shortly so the first port of call is dumping it into my PC (Ipad air also on my list, boo)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bought a 390x there 2 months ago :( was trying to wait for pascal but my old 7970 shat itself, looks like i am selling the 390x(actually a decent card), some performance from those 1080's if that leak is anything to go by. any idea what sort of money i should look for for the 390x? 250-350?

also beginning to wonder will my old cpu (i7 930 OC'ed to 4ghz) bottleneck a card like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I think they are rebranded old cards with slightly different names.
    Oh, hang on , AMD did that last time, maybe its Nvidea's turn
    :)

Will be interesting to see the benchmarks when they leak out some more.

Arnt they a brand new design? Hell of a rebrand if they are

Redfox25 wrote: »
    I think they are rebranded old cards with slightly different names.
    Oh, hang on , AMD did that last time, maybe its Nvidea's turn

Will be interesting to see the benchmarks when they leak out some more.
    Arnt they a brand new design? Hell of a rebrand if they are

I'd assume he's taking the piss. :)

Serephucus wrote: »

Maybe just a little

Serephucus wrote: »

Well that's my fail of the day for the internet, gota replace that there sarcasm detector

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

So... Are these going to be available on the usual retailers on the 27th or should we be seeing pre-order options soon? Think I'm going to splurge for the 1080 because I'm impatient as fcuk, have money burning a hole in my pocket for once... And the last proper graphics card I bought was a GTX460 :pac:

Probably. Won't be cheap though.

Well that's my fail of the day for the internet, gota replace that there sarcasm detector

Glad I helped use up that fail of the day on something trivial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

bought a 390x there 2 months ago :( was trying to wait for pascal but my old 7970 shat itself, looks like i am selling the 390x(actually a decent card), some performance from those 1080's if that leak is anything to go by. any idea what sort of money i should look for for the 390x? 250-350?

also beginning to wonder will my old cpu (i7 930 OC'ed to 4ghz) bottleneck a card like this?

The 390X is still good, so I'd look for around €300. That way, your being competitve with someone who would buy a 390 or a 970.
    The 1070 won't be out for some time, plus I doubt we are gonna see it for less than €360.

In terms of your CPU bottlenecking, it is questionable. I would say yes, but not by much. What resolution would you use the 1080 for, as 1080p would be way overkill.
    1440p might alleviate some of the CPU bottlneck.

Advertisement