Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW38 Transfers. Final chance for a blaze of glory.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Lemlin wrote: »
    Might bring Aguero back in for Studge or Martial.

We heard ya the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Invincible wrote: »
    We heard ya the first time

3G in the arsehole of nowhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Probably Giroud for Deeney/Defoe and I'll bring in Tadic for the craic for Mahrez/Hazzard/Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I need to move away from the Carroll-mould of striker, the big lump who'll let you down when you most need him.

So, er, Giroud then...

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I need to move away from the Carroll-mould of striker, the big lump who'll let you down when you most need him.

So, er, Giroud then...

Pelle

• Advertisement

lougal88 wrote: »
    Pelle

If you told me now that Pelle was guaranteed to start, I'd totally bring him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any word on the ozil injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Any word on the ozil injury.

Wenger told Sky Sports: "It's a hip problem for Ozil and he didn’t travel.

"I don’t think it’s serious, a question of days but he was unable to move properly."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wenger told Sky Sports: "It's a hip problem for Ozil and he didn’t travel.

"I don’t think it’s serious, a question of days but he was unable to move properly."

Hopefully he plays next week so. Keeping him has proved very costly since gw33.

Hopefully he plays next week so. Keeping him has proved very costly since gw33.

That goal he scored against West Ham in 31/32 was the reason why I fecking kept him all along(I figured his form was due to improve), you'd think he'd have at least had a poxy assist since then :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Unless he does something remarkable v united I'll be getting rid of Carroll. I had kept funds & an arsenal space to bring in welbeck but can't afford giroud without a hit.

Long an alternative or maybe rondon against what will surely be Liverpools youth side.
    Already have Kane & Aguero so could be tempted by vardy either & have all 3 golden boot contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I suspect I'll be going to -8 this week.

Having held fire on hits this week I have some leeway, and a lot of deadwood.

Sturridge, Carroll, Alli probably worth replacing with targeted gambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    I suspect I'll be going to -8 this week.

Having held fire on hits this week I have some leeway, and a lot of deadwood.

Sturridge, Carroll, Alli probably worth replacing with targeted gambles.

Do you think are hits worth it? The last day of the season is so unpredictable. There's going to be alot of teams with nothing to play for.

Do you think are hits worth it? The last day of the season is so unpredictable. There's going to be alot of teams with nothing to play for.

I think so in my position. 2 of the players I'm moving won't play. And if Newcastle are down and Spurs still need a result Andros time is over too. And Carroll is shíte.

There are a number of potential match ups between teams with nothing to play for vs teams with a lot to play for so I'll be trying to play that and get three players with high ceilings who do have something to play for. I may even get Kane back in if Newcastle are down. Also Giroud seems a good gamble, or a United attacker if they can catch City.

Spurs, Arsenal, Man U, Man City and Southampton all have potentially handy games and probably something to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

They're more than likely not worth it, but if you've nothing to play for it'll make watching the final day a bit more interesting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    They're more than likely not worth it, but if you've nothing to play for it'll make watching the final day a bit more interesting

Dunno. I've plenty to play for. And I want to play for it with 7 attackers, preferably 2 of whom aren't Carroll and Andros.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

FHFC wrote: »
    Dunno. I've plenty to play for. And I want to play for it with 7 attackers, preferably 2 of whom aren't Carroll and Andros.

Are people abandoning the Spacecraft?

Newcastle will probably be relegated but if there's one sulky but talented midfielder who would relish cracking in a meaningless last minute 25 yard consolation goal against his former club, then surely it's Andros :)

I'm thinking of keeping him at the minute but all could change by the weekend....don't want to take more than one hit

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think people focus too much on the overall number of the hit rather than breaking it down into each individual hit. I will probably do Townsend to Tadic for -4 if Newcastle get relegated. Considering form, fixture and the circumstances I would think it highly likely that Tadic, in a team going for the EL, would outscore him by 4 points. Calculated hits are a key part of doing well in this game imo and have helped me turn a 60 point deficit into a 30 point lead in my ml over the last 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think people focus too much on the overall number of the hit rather than breaking it down into each individual hit. I will probably do Townsend to Tadic for -4 if Newcastle get relegated. Considering form, fixture and the circumstances I would think it highly likely that Tadic, in a team going for the EL, would outscore him by 4 points. Calculated hits are a key part of doing well in this game imo and have helped me turn a 60 point deficit into a 30 point lead in my ml over the last 6 weeks.

I hadn't even considered Soton players, but I've now looked and see they're at home to a very likely distracted Palace. Hmmm...

I hadn't even considered Soton players, but I've now looked and see they're at home to a very likely distracted Palace. Hmmm...

Ya I forgot to add that in. Can see distraction and rotation hopefully.

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Are people abandoning the Spacecraft?

Newcastle will probably be relegated but if there's one sulky but talented midfielder who would relish cracking in a meaningless last minute 25 yard consolation goal against his former club, then surely it's Andros :)

I'm thinking of keeping him at the minute but all could change by the weekend....don't want to take more than one hit

31 points in the 5 games since I brought him in...he'll get a fond farewell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Many considering bringing in Giroud? With Welbeck out he is surely guaranteed to start and against Villa could rack up a big score. Will likely get rid of Carroll. So it'll be one donkey for another...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

No chance of me taking a hit this week, you need so much to go right for it to pay off over one week.
    Firmino --> Mane will probably be my transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Thinking about:
    Simpson >> Valencia
    Ali >> Tadic
    Fermino >> KDB

for -8

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

tglynn wrote: »
    Thinking about:
    Simpson >> Valencia
    Ali >> Tadic
    Fermino >> KDB

for -8

Thoughts?

Would just get tadic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lukaku out, might get Giroud in just because it's Villa. Otherwise Shane Long

Provisionally thinking of:

Alli, Sturridge, Carroll OUT

Eriksen, Long, Giroud IN

Or

Tadic, Kane, Giroud IN

Any thoughts?

Rashford also a consideration depending how results go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wouldn't bring a Spurs player in personally, even if Newcastle are relegated. They've gone massively off the boil these last few matches and have historically choked on the final day

Wouldn't bring a Spurs player in personally, even if Newcastle are relegated. They've gone massively off the boil these last few matches and have historically choked on the final day

Kane and the golden boot and Eriksen being is quite superb form under the radar were the attractions.

If I thought Mata would start v Bournemouth he'd be an option.

Or Tadic, Giroud and Rashford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Sturridge or Caroll out Aguero back in, didn't last long without him :o Tempted to get Long in as well but I'm a bit wary of taking hits after the -12 disaster this week, will see how the midweek games pan out first!

Advertisement