Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW37 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Finished on 80 (-12)

The Good:
    Payet (TC)
    Hazard and Mannone
    Getting back into the top 100k after a catastrophic 26 (-12) in the first round of games.

The Bad:
    Dropping 3k places down to 75k - a 43k drop in 5 weeks
    Cresswell, Martin, Milner and Carroll getting a combined 8 points from 8 games.
    Romelu Lukaku
    Most important ML lost. Next most in serious jeopardy.

The Ugly:
    My 12 point hit costing me 11 points. Me and hits just don't get on. I never get them to work out (well maybe a net positive 3 or 4 points over a few weeks, but never the +15 to 20 point boost some seem to get).

I've taken hits in the last 4 weeks with the following results:
    GW34 Lukaku to Mitrovic for -4 . Net result -1
    GW35 Bolasie to Alli for -4. Net result 0, and a 3 game suspension!
    GW36 Mitrovic to Lukaku (a total punt this one admittedly). Net result -3
    GW37 Kane, Dann and Sakho* to Carroll, Cresswell and Martin for -12. Net result -11
    * Dawson would have played if I didn't take the hit.

Taking hits for me is like trying to coach defending for Roberto Martinez, it just all turns to s**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Actually up to 49k, not the 70k I thought.

Mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

104 -8 happy with that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭siblers

OR of 1,118. 14 point swing on TC Lukaku over Payet is a pain. I really wish now that after my team was destroyed after 32//33 that I had just taken a -12/-16 hit to fix it in 34, would have had a much stronger finish to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

When I saw last night that PVA got 17 points in total, I instantly wondered how ecstatic Mr P. was :pac:

93 points for me and first in my league - whoop!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After an utterly disastrous season, I have made massive ground in recent weeks. Ironically, I came into the season with a policy of taking no hits (or as little as I could) and I found myself around 500k a few months ago. Since then I have embraced the hit and and back in the top 45k.

My -8 gained me another 6 points this week and the top 5 are now...

2155 (me)

Going to be an incredibly close finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

121pts with BB (12pts) and captain Payet.
    GW rank Top 3k (Highest this season and 3rd ton+ score)
    Up to 16th from 111th.
    So what next.....?
    I'm now in second in the Ireland league, 27pts behind and they are second overall 18pts behind the overall leader. Realistically I can't expect to catch them but I'm not gonna worry about what's behind me either and a single digit OR finish sounds pretty cool. (5pts to make up.)
    Thanks again for all the advice and support and well done to the ton+ers/Sunderland faithful. Oh! to have followed Busts into the trebling up, or Mr. P with the captain's armband but onwards.
    Will seek your advice in the transfer thread and see you for the post mortem on the DGW stretch. Good luck to you for the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ElTel wrote: »
    Up to 16th from 111th..

Best of luck mate doing us proud. And to think you're non-league in the boards football pyramid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Best of luck mate doing us proud. And to think you're non-league in the boards football pyramid :D

Only for a few days more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

ElTel wrote:
    121pts with BB (12pts) and captain Payet. GW rank Top 3k (Highest this season and 3rd ton+ score) Up to 16th from 111th. So what next.....? I'm now in second in the Ireland league, 27pts behind and they are second overall 18pts behind the overall leader. Realistically I can't expect to catch them but I'm not gonna worry about what's behind me either and a single digit OR finish sounds pretty cool. /quote]

I was in the exact same spot a couple of years ago, if you want first in Ireland look at the leaders team and go for a different captain otherwise just keep what you have been doing and make whatever transfer you think is best. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Surprisingly didn't lose any ground in my main league, up to 4th now and there's nothing between me and 2nd. First place is 122 points ahead so he's won it already by the looks of things. Unless I get a 200 point haul using the TC chip. I can dream :pac:

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I was in the exact same spot a couple of years ago, if you want first in Ireland look at the leaders team and go for a different captain otherwise just keep what you have been doing and make whatever transfer you think is best. Best of luck!

Wow 25th:eek: fair play that must've been unreal!!!

stephenl15 wrote:
    Wow 25th fair play that must've been unreal!!!

Yea it was a good run, I remember thinking I'm never gonna get close to winning this again so took some risks in the last week. Funnily enough I took a lot of hits that season and I tried the opposite early part of this season but it didn't work. I only started catching you when I went back to my old ways :-)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea it was a good run, I remember thinking I'm never gonna get close to winning this again so took some risks in the last week. Funnily enough I took a lot of hits that season and I tried the opposite early part of this season but it didn't work. I only started catching you when I went back to my old ways :-)

Yeah had to be done. Were you in with a chance of winning the whole thing after 37? What rank were you? I got as high as 149 last season but it went downhill from there, clung on to the top 1k by a single point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ElTel wrote: »
    Up to 16th from 111th.
    So what next.....?
    I'm now in second in the Ireland league, 27pts behind and they are second overall 18pts behind the overall leader. Realistically I can't expect to catch them but I'm not gonna worry about what's behind me either and a single digit OR finish sounds pretty cool. (5pts to make up.)
    Thanks again for all the advice and support and well done to the ton+ers/Sunderland faithful. Oh! to have followed Busts into the trebling up, or Mr. P with the captain's armband but onwards.
    Will seek your advice in the transfer thread and see you for the post mortem on the DGW stretch. Good luck to you for the last week.

As I mentioned before i think your greatest strength has been your ability to stick to your guns and stick with your original plan. It's very easy to be over influenced by what the crowd on here are doing and to make moves based on the fear of missing out on a big haul. You planned the late wildcard from far out and there must have been a huge temptation to crack prior to GW 34 when you see the 15 DGW wildcard teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

107 (-8)

GW Rank: 20k

Overall rank: 26k (up 21k from 47k)

In GW21 I was 1.2m and I've only been inside 100k for 4 weeks and they're the last 4 GWs :pac:

I must be one of the few who doesn't want this season to actually end now!

stephenl15 wrote:
    Yeah had to be done. Were you in with a chance of winning the whole thing after 37? What rank were you? I got as high as 149 last season but it went downhill from there, clung on to the top 1k by a single point.

Pretty much the exact same position as El Tel, 18th and 2nd in Ireland. I was way behind the leader though so just went for 1st in Ireland. It didnt pay off, I think I finished 4th in Ireland but didn't care. It would have been cool to win it but finishing 2nd or 4th was the same to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

88 (-4) takes me up to 111k

Still going to be my worst OR in 4 years but it would be nice to finish strongly and get into the top 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Awww lads. That was such a shocking gameweek for me. I have been putting off reading back the thread and seeing all the ton up scores. Well done all, especially Prodston who just passed me out.

Whats making it so much worse is that I held back from my original 3 transfers for -8 plan. I (very uncharacteristically) got a dose of cold feet over taking hits when I had decent options to play (Sanchez and Rose/Bellerin). That 3 transfer plan as the transfer thread will testify was Kone, Hazard and Carroll in. In the end I just did Carroll with my FT. If I'd gone with it, even if I'd ended up benching Sanchez I'd be 17 points up.

As it is my 69 sees me drop to around 27k, not terrible, but everyone in my pay leagues seem to own Hazard and have Payet TC. And crucially in the only league i looked like winning my 31 point lead has turned into a 1 point deficit going into the last GW!

But what probably annoys me more is that i was (in hindsight) very silly not to captain Payet. Highly owned in my leagues and likely to be default TC for many (incl the guy.I now trail by a point) I tried for glory in leagues I'm chasing instead of closing out the main purse.

2 decisions. 2 close decisions. And again, a wrong call costs implausibly dearly. 26 points in total and God knows how many €€s.

Glum is the overriding feeling. Will be glad when its over on Sunday (while perversely looking forward to next season). ;)

FHFC wrote: »
    Awww lads. That was such a shocking gameweek for me. I have been putting off reading back the thread and seeing all the ton up scores. Well done all, especially Prodston who just passed me out.

Whats making it so much worse is that I held back from my original 3 transfers for -8 plan. I (very uncharacteristically) got a dose of cold feet over taking hits when I had decent options to play (Sanchez and Rose/Bellerin). That 3 transfer plan as the transfer thread will testify was Kone, Hazard and Carroll in. In the end I just did Carroll with my FT. If I'd gone with it, even if I'd ended up benching Sanchez I'd be 17 points up.

As it is my 69 sees me drop hard 27k, not terrible, but everyone in my pay leagues seem to own Hazard and have Payet TC. And crucially in the only league i looked like winning my 31 point lead has turned into a 1 point deficit going into the last GW!

But what probably annoys me more is that i was (in hindsight) very silly not to captain Payet. Highly owned in my leagues and likely to be default TC for many (incl the guy.I now trail by a point) I tried for glory in leagues I'm chasing instead of closing out the main purse.

2 decisions. 2 close decisions. And again, a wrong call costs implausibly dearly. 26 points in total and God knows how many €€s.

Glum is the overriding feeling. Will be glad when its over on Sunday (while perversely looking forward to next season). ;)
    This game is so frustrating at times. I went to bed fuming on tuesday night and then 24 hours later the sunderland wonder show and things are great again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've come crawling back because no one in real life really cares about my FPL team and I actually have some good news. :o

So this season has (well, now had, I think!) been an unmitigated disaster for me for long stretches. I had a plan in mind for GW34 to put the TC on Sanchez and then bench boost for GW37 with a target of a 50k finish and it has paid off massively.

I hit 159 (-12) in GW34 which could have been even better as Alli was sitting on my bench. Then for GW37 I brought in Mannone, van Aanholt, Firmino, Defoe and Creswell for a -12. End up on 130 (-12) with Cresswell the only one that didn't pay off. Bench boost gave me an extra 23 points thanks mainly to Mignolet and Sanchez. If I hadn't made the transfers I would have lost out on so many points.

I went from 26k in GW9 to 10 red arrows between GW9-21 where I was 440k overall and completely shot. However, from GW22-GW37 I have had 12 green arrows to take me to just outside the top 20k. :eek: I've gone from 150k pre GW34 to that 20k ranking now.

I have to say I've learned a big lesson this season and that's patience. There was plenty of people telling me to keep the faith and to keep plugging away but I wasn't having any of it. For example, I was fully convinced that Aguero's TC score against Newcastle would not be beaten at all. I recall Lemlin especially telling me that his best ever season had him really struggling with a 6 figure ranking at Christmas time, but I never thought it would be possible for me to make such a big leap. It really is a marathon and that's something I'll be keeping in mind from now on.

By the way, apologies for being a bit of a pain in the arse on this forum this season. I was reading back over some of my posts from weeks gone by especially most recently and they are very poor.

Anyway, how about Sunderland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

As it is my 69 sees me drop hard 27k, not terrible, but everyone in my pay leagues seem to own Hazard and have Payet TC. And crucially in the only league i looked like winning my 31 point lead has turned into a 1 point deficit going into the last GW!

Captaining Payet was just such a boring decision with a lot of TCs on him; guaranteed to lose points. My gamble was 15 mins from paying off, in the end it made no difference.

Paully D wrote: »
    I've come crawling back because no one in real life really cares about my FPL team and I actually have some good news. :o

So this season has (well, now had, I think!) been an unmitigated disaster for me for long stretches. I had a plan in mind for GW34 to put the TC on Sanchez and then bench boost for GW37 with a target of a 50k finish and it has paid off massively.

I hit 159 (-12) in GW34 which could have been even better as Alli was sitting on my bench. Then for GW37 I brought in Mannone, van Aanholt, Firmino, Defoe and Creswell for a -12. End up on 130 (-12) with Cresswell the only one that didn't pay off. Bench boost gave me an extra 23 points thanks mainly to Mignolet and Sanchez. If I hadn't made the transfers I would have lost out on so many points.

I went from 26k in GW9 to 10 red arrows between GW9-21 where I was 440k overall and completely shot. However, from GW22-GW37 I have had 12 green arrows to take me to just outside the top 20k. :eek: I've gone from 150k pre GW34 to that 20k ranking now.

I have to say I've learned a big lesson this season and that's patience. There was plenty of people telling me to keep the faith and to keep plugging away but I wasn't having any of it. For example, I was fully convinced that Aguero's TC score against Newcastle would not be beaten at all. I recall Lemlin especially telling me that his best ever season had him really struggling with a 6 figure ranking at Christmas time, but I never thought it would be possible for me to make such a big leap. It really is a marathon and that's something I'll be keeping in mind from now on.

By the way, apologies for being a bit of a pain in the arse on this forum this season. I was reading back over some of my posts from weeks gone by especially most recently and they are very poor.

Anyway, how about Sunderland! :D
    Welcome back sunderland a great bunch of lads especially that kone chap.

Welcome back sunderland a great bunch of lads especially that kone chap.

You didn't, did you? That's amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You've missed all the craic man!!

Bust trebled on Kone, Mannone and PVA while Prodston only went and Triple Captained PVA. I kid you not. He actually went and did it and it actually worked. :)

Couldn't believe my eyes when kone and pva both scored within a few minutes of each other. 42 pts my 3 Sunderland defs got me last night. Crazy stuff.

Bust trebled on Kone, Mannone and PVA while Prodston only went and Triple Captained PVA. I kid you not. He actually went and did it and it actually worked. :)

:pac::pac::pac:

Well done lads. Honestly, that's unbelievable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

51 points baby :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

51 points baby :cool:

PVA got 17 points in DGW37 last year too iirc. Strange how history often repeats itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

PVA got 17 points in DGW37 last year too iirc. Strange how history often repeats itself.

*prepares Gomes TC for WBA - Watford next season*

Advertisement