Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick nightclubs

Options
  • 03-05-2016 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Any currently on the go that get good DJ's on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crusha101

Crush 87 play the best music and regularly bring in international dj's,
    Its not necessarily the best club but it most definitely plays the best music

MK, Tchami, Laidback luke , Route 94 and Breach to name a few

Icon & Angel lane play your typical chart music and crowd pleasers, D.I.E is a club night ran once a month in Dolans and plays alternative techno, house and electronic music

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Oscar Goldman

Thanks folks

crusha101 wrote: »
    Crush 87 play the best music and regularly bring in international dj's,
    Its not necessarily the best club but it most definitely plays the best music

Yeah we had a look at the club and it looks too much of a risk. (Just from internet research) Laid back Luke is a sure sign that EDM is close by :D

MK is another sadly, he has real musical history and talent but the crowd that are into him these days are too close to the EDM fans imo.

I have not been however so I need to get along to have a listen on a house night.

Which night would be best for proper house music?

• Advertisement

Icon & Angel lane play your typical chart music and crowd pleasers, D.I.E is a club night ran once a month in Dolans and plays alternative techno, house and electronic music

Thanks, DIE are complete for the season - Is it a university / student club? It seems to be not putting anything on over the summer for example.

We are now looking Q1 of next year so perhaps this would be an option although we decided not to go to Carbon in Galway because its very much a student club and not a lot of 20 year olds will know the DJ as he's more of a 90's pioneer.

They had laidback luke in their early days ,I wouldnt be a fan of EDM myself and i enjoy the music they play, they are much more off a deep house & future house club and any night is a good night for music there
    D.I.E. is on monthly but is finishing up for the summer as their main attendees are students,

They had laidback luke in their early days ,I wouldnt be a fan of EDM myself and i enjoy the music they play, they are much more off a deep house & future house club and any night is a good night for music there
    D.I.E. is on monthly but is finishing up for the summer as their main attendees are students,

Thanks, it sounds like the right music then. Let me talk to the agent about looking at it. As I say the student bit maybe too risky.

Thanks again for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Hey there not sure what your looking for but here is the lowdown on the limerick club scene:

Crush (Club and Club Night): Very young crowd - Mostly chart dj's - Very few underground nights.

D.I.E (Club Night): Totally student night - Runs during the college terms - Mostly student dj's and acts nobody has ever heard of bar a few names - has a great rep.

Subtech (Club Night): Underground student night - New night not sure if it will be back after the summer - Good Dj's

Backwards (Club Night) - Local night irregular night - Held in odd locations - BYOB

Soundlounge (Club Night) - Local monthly night (not running currently) - Well known dj's - House/Tech

Im sure im forgetting some but if i remember ill post it if you want. Everything else will probably pick up again when the school term starts. Limerick is mostly a student clubbing town. Very hard to fill places at the weekend unless it a huge dj backed by the social powers that be. No support for any club nights from the Limerick council or any other entity. It realy is a dog eat dog scene down here.

Advertisement