Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 2-5-16 *PAYBACK Fallout + Spoilers*

• 02-05-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Payback's in the books, the "New Era" continues, albeit with a twist

1. Can Shane and Stephanie McMahon coexist as Raw showrunners?

2. Will Styles and Reigns go to new ‘Extremes’ tonight?

3. How will Natalya respond to the 'Chicago Screwjob'?

4. Who will be next to challenge The Miz?

5. What’s next for the tag team division?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

1. They'll try to one up each other like last night
    2. I can see it as mostly just talking about AJ saying how Gallows and Anderson weren't there on his orders
    3. I would like to see her lose it and put Charles Robinson in a sharpshooter, but doubt it will happen
    4. Cesaro/Zayn/Owens in a 4 way
    5. Vaudevillains will be no. 1 contenders for now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I can see Vaudvillians coming out and naming themselves as the No:1 Contenders after last night or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,139 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can see the stephanie/Shane thing breaking down leading to a summerslam match between Shane and someone fighting for Steph for full Control of raw (triple h my guess)

Triple h is nowhere to be seen in all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,032 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Drinking game.. A shot for every time "New Era" is said.

Drink responsibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I can see the stephanie/Shane thing breaking down leading to a summerslam match between Shane and someone fighting for Steph for full Control of raw (triple h my guess)

Triple h is nowhere to be seen in all this

Hopefully the match for control of Raw happens at Extreme Rules or MITB if they wanna run with it for more then just three weeks and one of them is banished to Smackdown (hopefully Stephanie).

If both of them are in control for the whole summer then it's gonna be nothing but 30min long opening segment promos and one up man ship. The one up man ship I don't mind because could lead to a brand split in time but last month was great without the constant Stephanie/HHH promos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think they'll keep hhh off TV for another while. then he'll come back and destroy Shane leading to match with Shane or someone fighting for shane at summerslam

sky88 wrote: »
    I think they'll keep hhh off TV for another while. then he'll come back and destroy Shane leading to match with Shane or someone fighting for shane at summerslam

Taker? Maybe he has respect for him after their WM match or if Rollins isnt back by then have him return

Taker? Maybe he has respect for him after their WM match or if Rollins isnt back by then have him return

rollins I think as that's the match trips would have had at mania if all the injuries didn't happen I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

They've really made a balls of it to date. Is it assumed Shane is sticking around post Summerslam? I'm not sure the McMahons being the focus of the show for another 3 months is best for business.

rollins I think as that's the match trips would have had at mania if all the injuries didn't happen I think.

You could have Rollins return but have HHH tell him how he made him etc and have Rollins torn between both sides . Then going into Summerslam having it looking like Rollins is gonna lay down or allow HHH to win only for him to turn and go crazy

• Advertisement

Would like to see Rollins somewhat aligned with HHH on his return and then have HHH turn on him by having Balor and BC attack him. Could have Seth come back a week or two in a non wrestling role, HHH gets all friendly with him because they were still buddies before his injury.

HHH inserts him straight into the Summerslam title match against probably Reigns for the title and Monday night raw. Rollins is more of a face now and is getting away from his heelish gimmick with J&J but HHH still insists on getting involved and making sure he wins the belt back. Rollins wins at Summerslam with some outside interference from HHH or BC who HHH has enlisted to help him gain control of Raw because him and Balor are best buds from NXT and if Balor is your MITB holder can even have him cash it in on Rollins because HHH feels its best for business because Rollins has gotten too soft in his opinion in the months while he's been out injured.

Gives you a great feud for Rollins on his return against Balor, can incorporate the Shield re-union vs. BC and gives you Rollins vs. HHH which probably would have happened at this years WM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I just don't get the Stephanie angle. She brings nothing to the table. The whole premise seems to be 'if I win Raw will continue to be as crap as its been and you'll have to listen to me the whole time'. Like what's the point? What does the Stephanie McMahon character add to the equation? She can get heel heat for sure, but the whole point of heels is to get faces over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I haven't watched since Wrestlemania, what is this new era all about?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Unearthly wrote: »
    I haven't watched since Wrestlemania, what is this new era all about?

Shane came up, called up some NXT guys, "internet darlings" being pushed in big stories. Basically, the "New Era" is "We have a face GM now, isn't that neat?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,386 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So they make the McMahons the centre piece, with Roman Reigns as champion in order to try and turn ratings around...this is after the fans turn off because McMahons were all over the show and rejected the idea of Reigns as champion over the last 2 years?

They're idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,386 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CSF wrote: »
    What does the Stephanie McMahon character add to the equation? She can get heel heat for sure, but the whole point of heels is to get faces over.

Not when it comes to the McMahons. It's all about getting them over. That's the problem.

SlickRic wrote: »
    So they make the McMahons the centre piece, with Roman Reigns as champion in order to try and turn ratings around...this is after the fans turn off because McMahons were all over the show and rejected the idea of Reigns as champion over the last 2 years?

They're idiots.

That's WWE logic for you. I'm still hoping a brand spilt somewhat happens and could use this for Steph to get half the roster behind her and the other half behind Shane and they each get a show each decided by a match at possibly MITB next month.

With both of them in charge hopefully it turns into a contest of who can get the fans behind them more so they get full control of Raw in time and not a good cop bad cop situation where Steph does what's best for business and Shane foils her plans because he's all about the fans but it's the McMahons so you know the show is gonna be mainly opening segment promos and arguing throughout the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd be much more interested in a Shane/HHH dynamic than a Shane/Stephanie one.

There's an easy-to-believe story there with Shane feeling aggrieved that the son-in-law has taken his spot that he always believed was his birthright. There's also the possibility of an eventual match down the line. I just feel there would be more of a tension between those two whereas I don't detect any at all between Shane and Stephanie.

As regards Enzo's injury last night, good to hear the news is encouraging. At one stage he didn't look to be moving at all which was scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Look Lads we all know where this is going, we are heading back in time again, its going to be Vince and Steph v's Linda and Shane, that's just the way its gonna be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Give what culture's wtf moments from payback a watch before raw. Only 10mins long and some funny ones.

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ip6Mu47K4Pw

• Advertisement

I'd be much more interested in a Shane/HHH dynamic than a Shane/Stephanie one.

There's an easy-to-believe story there with Shane feeling aggrieved that the son-in-law has taken his spot that he always believed was his birthright. There's also the possibility of an eventual match down the line. I just feel there would be more of a tension between those two whereas I don't detect any at all between Shane and Stephanie.

As regards Enzo's injury last night, good to hear the news is encouraging. At one stage he didn't look to be moving at all which was scary.

Might end up as Shane/HHH in time. Doubt he's gonna be off telly for much longer, have Shane and Steph somewhat get along and HHH comes back and thinks that just because Steph is co-gm then that means the authority are co-gm which leads to Shane vs. HHH feud but we all know they are gonna re hash another old storyline like a McMahon is every corner or the invasion storyline.
    Kankan14 wrote: »
    Give what culture's wtf moments from payback a watch before raw. Only 10mins long and some funny ones.

King Ross is a funny man, enjoy watching the wtf moments he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Oh Hunter you lucky sob.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Oh Hunter you lucky sob.

One would concur with one said statement

So far so good, how long is it gonna last though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I really wish the Usos would piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Four solid workers and this is how they treat them.

What a fcuking joke.

What i miss?

New Day vs. Vaudevillians at Extreme Rules plus I think Enzo has been put on medical leave for two and half weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Can I sense a 4v4 tag match? ...playa

• Advertisement

Jobber battle royal up next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh my God, they're actually making Little Naitch a thing.

RIP Mitch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I see the Raw Boards ratings have plummeted again, there's no doubt that Reigns is never turning heel. Extreme Rules is set to be a rehash of Payback just with added stips.

I'm already bored of the Ambrose Jericho program. The Fatal 4 Way for the IC title is shaping up to be the MOTD for Extreme Rules already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That was a savage edition of Raw. Loved the main event booking. Bullet Club get the win but everyone looks good. The bitterness between the Usos and Anderson and Gallows having differing affects on Styles and Reigns is a great dynamic. I truly believe the two tag teams dislike each other (kayfabe) and yet Roman and AJ have the respect between them. I like it, really skirting the lines of heels and faces.

Emma and Becky had a great match and was really cool to see them have a programme outside of the Women's title too.

Gorgeous Truth and FandanGoldust is tremendous light heated comedy.

Rusev becoming No.1 Contender to the US Title is something I can live with easily.

Both the Intercontinental and Tag Title scenes are in a very healthy state.

All in all, two thumbs up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Haven't watched Raw, but from reading the results feels like there's a few bits I like. I appreciate the R-Truth/Goldust/Fandango/Breeze thing for the silliness inherent in it, and it's nice to see Breeze getting something instead of just jobbing out every week. As omackeral said, it's good to see a proper story in the women's division outside of the title, particularly when that story isn't thrown together for the sake of Total Divas. There's worse guys than Rusev to have going for the US title, and it's good to give him a bit of direction after the League of Nations ended not with a bang, but with a whimper.

• Advertisement

Was a pretty good episode of Raw. Still feel this programme would be much better if they took the stabilisers off Reigns and let him be the heel that he clearly is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CSF wrote: »
    Was a pretty good episode of Raw. Still feel this programme would be much better if they took the stabilisers off Reigns and let him be the heel that he clearly is.

Completely agree, I really wish they'd pull the trigger on him but Meltzer said last night there's no chance of Reigns ever turning heel similar to Cena. They view Reigns as the man, for promotion and charity work they don't believe there;a anyone else on the roster who can fill that role.

So we're in for a long smiley happy face run for Reigns. Boooolieve that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mentioned it in the Payback thread, but they edited at least one sign in the crowd at the PPV for the website for being anti-Reigns.

Yeah, they aren't going to change.

Loughc wrote: »
    Completely agree, I really wish they'd pull the trigger on him but Meltzer said last night there's no chance of Reigns ever turning heel similar to Cena. They view Reigns as the man, for promotion and charity work they don't believe there;a anyone else on the roster who can fill that role.

It's harming the show. He can't have passable feuds with heels, and there's only so many angles they can work with for him against people the fans like, like how many situations can you conjure up where Reigns does something bad but didn't mean to, or thought he had good intentions.

Loughc wrote: »

The thing about having reigns as the face of the company out front as the poster boy is that anytime ive seen him on outside interviews he comes across as a bit of a d**k. its why i still dont know how they see him as a top face. In fairness to Cena has always came across great in these situations.

At this stage the booing and duelling chants to cena is more of a fun thing for the crowd i think.

• Advertisement

Glad Rusev won the battle royal, they really need to build Rusev back up to the monster heel he was before he was fed to Cena and given that stupid Ziggler feud. LON would have been good if they were built around him rather than as individuals who are part of a group.

They gotta build the title back up and make it somewhat important again. No offence to Kalisto but he isn't gonna be your upper mid card guy and has done alright as champion but he's defended his belt on the last three PPVs and all three matches were on the pre show.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Plenty to like if you record and fast forward. I Can't imagine sitting through the McMahons. The relationship between Styles, Anderson and Gallows is about as subtle as you can hope for in WWE. I liked all that business with the Usos using the chair after AJ refused to. Kalisto vs Rusev should be pretty great and Becky hasn't been on tv much lately so I enjoyed her and Emma having a nice little match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Kankan14 wrote: »

If it's not Adam Blampied on whatculture, I don't watch

I could listen to that man all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If it's not Adam Blampied on whatculture, I don't watch

I could listen to that man all day long

King Ross > Adam Blampied :P

Lithium93_ wrote: »

+1, his wtf moments are the best thing about what culture now.

+1, his wtf moments are the best thing about what culture now.

I find myself looking forward to the WTF Moments from Raw than actually watching Raw itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Not a chance

Even Jack the jobber is better than king ross

And he's a child

:pac:

Not a chance

Even Jack the jobber is better than king ross

And he's a child

:pac:

Alright, King Ross + Adam Blampied > Everyone else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Most of page 3 is a discussion about What culture... Raw has improve but it hasn't exactly got us talking I see. unfortunately unless it blows you away its that good, good wrestling rarely gets people talking unless its followed by great storylines.

Just waiting on Balor to debut... I'm guessing on or post Extreme Rules now.

o and Blampied for me, how they should have booked / should book, what just happened FTW (still no Jay from OSW review though :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Be deadly if jau did a review with Adam from what culture like he did with botchamania guy. Book it Jay☺

• Advertisement
Advertisement