Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demographics of Boards.ie users?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Maireadio

Here's the same poll 8 years ago.

There's definitely a shift towards an older demographic these days.

Edit: And one from 13 years ago.

NERD!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry.

SCIENCENERD!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

It seems there are very few of us young ones on here, but our time will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Christ.

I'm in the 30-39 bracket now.

I didn't even level up.

Still only a charmeleon.

I'm 18, the results of this poll are interestingly surprising. I expected far more young people to be on here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm 18, the results of this poll are interestingly surprising. I expected far more young people to be on here

I think the younger folk generally just do Facebook and Twitter. And possibly some other stuff that us old folks don't know about. Grindr or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

What I'd be interested in seeing would be the youngest and oldest users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Shannon757 wrote: »
    What I'd be interested in seeing would be the youngest and oldest users.

Hard to do that really unless the users in question want to be identified, and self-identify at that. The poll above allows people anonymously reveal their age. Some people don't like others knowing, for whatever reason!

But I agree, the 70+ could mean we've a 94 year old user and the 19 or under could be a 9 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hard to do that really unless the users in question want to be identified, and self-identify at that. The poll above allows people anonymously reveal their age. Some people don't like others knowing, for whatever reason!

But I agree, the 70+ could mean we've a 94 year old user and the 19 or under could be a 9 year old!
    I can confirm that until this time last year we had a 93 year old user on here. She spent most of her time on Boards reading the Dublin forum.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement