Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Break in Spain/Portugal

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

We did a 2 night 3 day trip trip to Belmadena at the end of November. Stayed close to the marina and it’s quite similar to vilamoura. Plenty of restaurants and bars although hard to judge fully because the season was over.

Very close to the airport although the exit on and of the motorway felt like the M50 at times.

Torrequebrada is super and very handy for the airport. Thought Santana was very good too. Played Mijas los Lagos and i’d Say it’s good except was very wet because we got a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads does anyone have a good agent for that area

Thanks for all the good info.

CDS.

That could do transfers and golf deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭thewobbler

CDS.

Think I might have mentioned Alhuarin on here before too. It’s crazy golf in places - vertical drops that our west of Ireland links wouldn’t put you through - but it’s generally one of the cheaper courses on CDS and would only be 15-20 mins.

You will need a buggy.

If your society likes flat and unchallenging golf it’s not for them. But it is fun, as long as you can accept that some balls will never be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭paulos53

CDS.

Try https://www.elitegolfservices.com/ for a price. I have used them a few times now and they are good to deal with

Anyone any experience of Spain lately - I accept looking at high season - early October - but prices are expensive - your looking 90 to 100 euro a round ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Anyone any experience of Spain lately - I accept looking at high season - early October - but prices are expensive - your looking 90 to 100 euro a round ?

Sorry but that's what golf in Spain costs. Some courses offer packages - e.g ten rounds for €600 but thats as low as it goes for anywhere worth playing.

Or maybe get better rates by booking with a tour operator.

First Up wrote: »
    Sorry but that's what golf in Spain costs. Some courses offer packages - e.g ten rounds for €600 but thats as low as it goes for anywhere worth playing.

Or maybe get better rates by booking with a tour operator.

Yes thanks First Up - I'm just making sure I'm not missing something , the courses at 60/70 euro , look terrible.

I guess, it is the journey of explaining to lads in Irish Societies - that playing The Heritage and top parkland courses for 30/40 quid (what they have become accustomed to) , is a long way off the market rate

Then when you go to Spain and your head is full of "dirt cheap" - transfers , clubs, 100 quid a round. Your in for an ear full. :D

Advertisement