Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you ring crimecall if you knew somebody they were looking for?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭

I probably would ring and give the persons name in most cases. The only ones I would be cautious about would be a gangland case.
    I don't think my town has ever featured on the programme even when it was called crimeline.
    I did have a dream as a child I was on it tough because I was in a shop with my mother at the checkout and I flicked a switch on the till beside me and it appeared to have powered off.
    Would you ring crimecall if you knew somebody they were looking for?
    Or were you ever on it?

Would you ring crimecall if you knew somebody they were looking for? 98 votes

Yes, in all cases.
    1% 1 vote
    Wouldn't if I feared for my life.
    66% 65 votes
    Never.
    21% 21 votes
    I've being on crime call!
    9% 9 votes
    Snitches get stitches
    2% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I was going to call them when they showed a photofit of the sexiest man in Ireland one night but then I realised I was looking in a mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I've rang crime-call....

Just to let them know. how annoying Philip Boucher Hayes is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Would do and have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Would do and have done.

Was the person prosecuted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Stacker Pentecost

I was going to call them when they showed a photofit of the sexiest man in Ireland one night but then I realised I was looking in a mirror.

2/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Yep. I'd call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

I once chased a junkie who had mugged an eighty year old lady in broad daylight.

He gave me the slip across a very busy road. But, my detailed and accurate description of him caught up with him. He got six months.

Does that make me a " Grass " and a bad bastard?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would there be a reward?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

If they were wanted for anything gangland related the garda would already know their names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

2/10

I'm at least a 5/10.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

It depends, I suppose. If they were wanted for ****ting in Bertie Ahern's garden then no I wouldn't. Those bastards that they are after showing robbing that old woman's pension I'd shop them in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'd have no problem ratting someone out. Maybe that would change if I was actually involved in something (for example if my husband (hypothetical) robbed a bank I might not, who knows.

But a random scum on the street? ****ed if I care. They don't get to treat people like dirt, rob and steal from them and then assume society owes them some moral code to stay quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Maybe if it were low-call or freephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

A random scum on the street? ****ed if I care. They don't get to treat people like dirt, rob and steal from them and then assume society owes them some moral code to stay quiet.

Well put.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

No worries, scumbags don't become less of a scumbag just because it happens to be someone who I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I sit watching hoping I know someone just so I can call:D
    The 2 that stole the womans pension tonight...I so hope they are caught! The way they did it you just know its something they do a lot:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Stigura wrote: »
    I once chased a junkie who had mugged an eighty year old lady in broad daylight.

He gave me the slip across a very busy road. But, my detailed and accurate description of him caught up with him. He got six months.

Does that make me a " Grass " and a bad bastard?

It makes you unfit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Graham 1324

Snitches get stiches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

It would depend on what the crime was really e.g. if the person was in the frame for a major gold bullion/diamond heist I'd probably try & blackmail them for a share of the loot before doing anything so square as calling the fuzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Snitches get stiches

Poll updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Call them first, so they could tell me where they were, obviously.

Only if they had burned me on a 20 spot deal. Wreck my buzz,

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Let's be honest,
    If some scumbag gets shown on Crime Call, more calls would be made by people from he knows to let him know he was on Crime Call, than to the actual show itself.

Let's be honest,
    If some scumbag gets shown on Crime Call, more calls would be made by people from he knows to let him know he was on Crime Call, than to the actual show itself.

So, traffic analysis would pinpoint him/her even if no-one dropped a dime...

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    So, traffic analysis would pinpoint him/her even if no-one dropped a dime...

Well I remember watching it two months ago and some scumbag robbed a shop. Caught on camera. Clear as day. Great CCTV. If you knew him, you wouldn't be mistaken.

So don't know what you mean by traffic analysis ;)

The car is outside now...

Not your ornery onager

.... ok

Wear Chelsea boots (slip-ons anyway); trousers that don't need a belt; warm top. Try to get some sleep.

Not your ornery onager

You feeling alright Esel? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

After much soul searching I did one time. Apparently the person actually saw themselves and went to the station of their own accord. It was a terribly violent assault and very shocking to watch, also an escalation of previous crimes. Afaik they got a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I probably would but only depending on what the crime the person was involved with was. lol
    There's no that option on the pole so didn't vote.

Advertisement