Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are parents and family at fault for obese kids?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

melissak wrote: »
    The same in my kids school. No overweight kids at all that I have spotted. They all do sports etc though.

I think a lot of the problems start when primary school has ended. Secondary school comes with extra workload, less sports and activities and also the school can't make them eat healthy.

I regularly saw the girls in my school go to the chipper for lunch and eat crap like pot noodles.

There was a vending machine and eventually all of the junk was gotten rid of and replaced with water, CAPRI SUNS (wtf) and again, cereal bars. Evidently the school heads need more education on healthy eating also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

melissak wrote: »
    Why is there arsenic in rice cakes. They taste like Styrofoam anyway. I think they are rank

It's in the soil but for whatever reason rice is more vulnerable than most other foods.
    https://www.food.gov.uk/science/arsenic-in-rice

Anyway there are almost no overweight kids in my son's school either. It's not because of their healthy eating policy but because it's a country school in middle class area. It gets a bit trickier when kids have their own money to spend. I used to skip junk food meals and buy cigarettes and coffee. Very healthy alternative. :)

Advertisement