Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham v West Brom - MNF

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Huge disappointment tonight.

Good season none the less.

If we are to finish second and qualify for the Champions League it will be a successful season.

We have come a long way for us to feel second in the league.

Can’t see Leicester throwing this away now.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Nice 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Sick as a parrot. What can I say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Just pissed off with tonight's performance. Even the crowd were nervous, sounded like the Library!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

The more I think about it, I'm actually annoyed, not able to beat west brom at home in a title race,
    I know people say second is brilliant and it is but to be so close and to blow it against west fcuking brom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

While it was frustrating to see westbrom come out and play out of their skins, we can't have it both ways. We all want Chelsea and Everton to give a performance so we have to be prepared to put up with the same from West brom, Newcastle and Southampton.

Except for a clumsy own goal this was a classic Pulis performance from them. We didn't lose the league tonight. We lost it at westham or dare I say it in the 2-2 draw with Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Maybe so.

We had chances to get into the title race proper when we played Leicester in the league in December was it? We lost that but really only got involved when Arsenal and City started dropping points. We where proper in the race when we lost to Westham and dropped two points to a terrible arsenal team

Lamela's miss tonight was the turning point of tonight's game. It just felt like old Spurs after that one cannoned back off the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sickened after that result,still a good season when all is done and dusted I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The more I think about it, I'm actually annoyed, not able to beat west brom at home in a title race,
    I know people say second is brilliant and it is but to be so close and to blow it against west fcuking brom

We weren't close though. We haven't been close for a long time. I don't think this result will make a difference. It's been over for a while.

Bow for second place that's a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Maybe so.

We had chances to get into the title race proper when we played Leicester in the league in December was it? We lost that but really only got involved when Arsenal and City started dropping points. We where proper in the race when we lost to Westham and dropped two points to a terrible arsenal team

January. We lost at home. Said it before that's the result that led to us being unable to ever catch them. Not tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Twas over after the hammers/scum results imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Gutted and a bit worried about second now tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Both city and Arsenal will be within 2 points of us before we play Chelsea ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Totally p*ssed off, but sh*t happens. Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Played some beautiful football in the first half, could of easily been out of sight. West Brom were much improved in the second half.

Alli should have come off sooner, didn't link up play very well tonight.

Hope we make up for this by beating that horrid shower next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Awful shame about the result, and I know we hit the woodwork 3 times, but West Brom played great second half and the draw didn't flatter them. We didn't lose the title last night. We didn't lose the title at all. We were never in pole position, and even a win last night would have made us remote second favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ormus wrote: »
    Awful shame about the result, and I know we hit the woodwork 3 times, but West Brom played great second half and the draw didn't flatter them. We didn't lose the title last night. We didn't lose the title at all. We were never in pole position, and even a win last night would have made us remote second favourites.

Totally agree, once we galvanize second place, it's all good. Hearing the CL theme next season, as opposed to a bleak Thursday night in Kazakhstan.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Totally agree, once we galvanize second place, it's all good. Hearing the CL theme next season, as opposed to a bleak Thursday night in Kazakhstan.

Or a dark rainy thursday night playing Spartak Tractor Factory :p

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

It must have been hard for the players to take the result last night. Hopefully they can bounce back for Chelsea and give them a damn good thrashing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Glebee wrote: »
    It must have been hard for the players to take the result last night. Hopefully they can bounce back for Chelsea and give them a damn good thrashing:)

They did look totally gutted especially Toby, also Alli will likely miss the 3 games. I really hope they can pick themselves up and beat that jumped up crowd from West London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

If we stuff Chelsea it will cheer us up a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Alli will probably miss the rest of the season now, after being charged with violent conduct.

Kiith wrote: »
    Alli will probably miss the rest of the season now, after being charged with violent conduct.

Hopefully he will learn a lesson from it

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

taken me 6 days to post after been at West Brom game,hit the post 3 times but Pulis set out to just to stop us and nearly sneaked a win,he had done it before at Stoke all be it against a very differently coached side.A big if,but if we got the second goal it was game over.Alli will learn please god,but yacob should have seen yellow at least with challenges from behind.Saints 4 -1 up now against city who seem to be in madrid already.hope they fold next week.4 points and we guarnatee second,1st I believe is gone unless we drag it another week by beating Chelsea.
    Great atmosphere on Monday night and looking forward to next season once we automatically qualify for champions league.COYS

Advertisement