Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35 Match Day Thread

Options
  • 23-04-2016 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

With only 4 GW's left its time to finish with a bang or stumble over the line dragging your team behind you. Only 7 games on so could be a great time to get an advantage if you have a full squad ready to go. Best of luck, may the team selections be kind to everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thread only started at 5am. I'm disappointed

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Only two posts so far? I think a lot of us have had the stuffing knocked out of us.

I took a -8 and have three Spurs players, Kane captain. I expect pain until Monday evening, and probably a lot of pain then as well.

Only two posts so far? I think a lot of us have had the stuffing knocked out of us.

I took a -8 and have three Spurs players, Kane captain. I expect pain until Monday evening, and probably a lot of pain then as well.

Four point hit to make 10 players, even less if certain clubs continue their rotation policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Nasri and Vardy already ruined this week for me. I'm mentally prepared for more awfulness anything better than that will be a nice change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Begovic
    Bellerin Clyne PVA Fuchs
    Milner Firmino(c) KDB
    Welbeck Kane Aguero
    (Iwobi first sub and almost certain to come on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I thought I had gone -8 earlier in the week for Darmian, Bolasie and Lukaku to Simpson, Alli and Kane. It turns out I hadn't confirmed Darmian to Simpson.

I've now changed that transfer to Darmian to PVA. Don't expect much this week but he has two home games in the DGW.

Cech
    PVA Gabriel Sakho Evans
    Alli Mahrez Sanchez KDB
    Aguero Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

In a moment of sheer genius I used my free transfer at half time of the merseyside derby to bring in Origi for Lukaku, what a plonker.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

only 3 players in Saturday games!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

On the back of a 189 (-4) week with BB active, i have 11 players this week. Think Sturridge is my only rotation risk. Some lineups predict Firmino starting as false 9. Although a lad on FFS, Berbinho's forehead (reliably when comes to Liverpool lineups) heard someting about Sturridge maybe starting. Said he would confirm this morning if true.

Don't really have a need to make a FT this week. Was considering Smalling for Alder. But i think i would want Smalling back for their double.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Any credible Liverpool team leaks folks. More interested in their centre halves than up front. Already own Sturridge and qur sera sera.

If Sahko looked like being benched might start Gabriel ahead of him.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Any credible Liverpool team leaks folks. More interested in their centre halves than up front. Already own Sturridge and qur sera sera.

If Sahko looked like being benched might start Gabriel ahead of him.

Keep an eye on the chap i mentioned above. He usually is quite accurate and says whether he can confirm or is what he just heard.

From what i've read so far a lot of people saying Sakho won't play. But after a cleansheet last game, Wenger might stay with Mert.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/profiles/berbinhos-forehead/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Huth or Bellerin? Or both and drop Siggy?

remoteboy wrote: »
    Huth or Bellerin? Or both and drop Siggy?

Siggy has been in good goal scoring form lately. 4 in last 6 i think. But i think Leicester keeps a clean sheet today. I'd lean towards the 2 defenders and benching Siggy. Although i usually hate benching attacking players over defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Going with this shower :

Darlow

Lovern Morgan Gabriel

Sanchez Iwobi Alli Firminio

Kane (c) Sturridge Aguero

Have Evans on the bench in the likely event of a no show elsewhere.

Brought Alli and Kane in for a hit for Martial and KDB.....a move that seems to be both risky and conservative at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mignolet,Williams,Evans,Bellerin.

Sanchez,Alli,De Bruyne,Iwobi

Aguero, Kane(c),Long.

The bare XI with no hits and hoping they all play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Going with:

Mignolet
    Sakho, Bellerin, Gabriel
    Mahrez, Ozil, Alli, Milner
    Kane (c), Aguero, Mitrovic

Sub: Dawson

Already taken a -4 so going to risk the Liverpool lads, Gabriel and Mitrovic. I think the Liverpool lads start, Gabriel doesn't and Mitrovic will get 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've decided to not go with Sturridge. I reckon he will start today. It's the games after I considered when making my decision. It could go either way if he doesn't start Thursday and Liverpool don't make El final Sturridge will start every game bar Watford at home maybe. If he does start Thurs and Liverpool make the El final I reckon he will only start the Chelsea game out of the last 3 gws. I still have BB which is a nightmare really as you need to make moves to ensure you have what you feel are 15 starters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

Mignolet
    Bellerin Dawson Gabriel Fuchs
    KDB Sanchez Mahrez Alli
    Aguero Kane(c)

-4 taken. Don't let me down, Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

With likely no Sakho, I'll have 11 after 1 transfer. I just don't know whether to start Sakho and risk a 1 pointer, or play Iwobi.

Lloris
    Bellerin Daniels VVD Sakho
    Alli Mahrez Sanchez
    Kane (c) Aguero Defoe

Subs: Robles Iwobi Reid Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ojo Liverpool could be an interesting punt if things go a certain way. He could play in every gw for the rest of the season. I may get him next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Darlow
    Bellerin Simpson Rose
    Mahrez Ozil Alli Sanchez (C)
    Pelle Aguero Kane

Bench: Daniels

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Darlow
    Bellerin sakho Simpson
    Ojo kdb mahrez Sanchez
    Defoe Kane (c) aguero

Gabriel on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Siggy has been in good goal scoring form lately. 4 in last 6 i think. But i think Leicester keeps a clean sheet today. I'd lean towards the 2 defenders and benching Siggy. Although i usually hate benching attacking players over defenders.

Me too. Could play Huth and Siggy and hedge my bets. Can't see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet away to Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm very jealous of you people with players on your bench. This week is gonna be...interesting. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm very jealous of you people with players on your bench. This week is gonna be...interesting. :pac:

I'm completely lost this year, I made two transfers yesterday to ensure I had 11 possible starters, my three Liverpool and Iwobi will be worries.
    Then I log in a while ago and see that I have 12, now I have to make a decision :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm completely lost this year, I made two transfers yesterday to ensure I had 11 possible starters, my three Liverpool and Iwobi will be worries.
    Then I log in a while ago and see that I have 12, now I have to make a decision :(

I panicked and transferred Sakho out this morning as there seems to be strong suggestions he won't start. Same for Coutinho. I have Gabriel as well. AND transferring Sakho took me up to a -12, my biggest hit ever.

This week is gonna be decisive. If I can survive it without losing anymore than 25 points in my main private league, I should be okay! Anymore than that and it gets very, very dicey! :o

Have 4 on the bench my self. Unfortunately none of them are playing.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

This Motley Crew:

Mignolet
    Bellerin Sakho Gabriel
    Sanchez KdB Mahrez Loftus-Cheek
    Kane Sturridge Aguero (c)

Robles Payet Ogbonna FMensa

Probably be lucky to get 8 points from that defence but sure what else is new :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another hit this week but what the hell

Mig
    Bellerin Rose Simpson
    Mahrez Sanchez Milner Townsend
    Kane Kun Sturridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

10 players and a lot of rotation risks. Hoping for a low scoring week dominated by captaincy choice (go Kane).

Advertisement