Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Los Angeles Rams thread

Options
  • 21-04-2016 11:34am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Found the old "St Louis Rams thread" and decided to do this update. Rams have moved to Los Angeles from St Louis and will temporarily play in the old Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum until their new field is built. Not sure if their record will improve in 2016 with this move halfway across the country.

Their first game will be a preseason match between Cowboys and Rams held Saturday 13 August 2016 at Coliseum 5PM Pacific time, and be telecast ESPN.

New Rams stadium rendering:

stad1.jpg?fit=780%2C520&resize=350%2C267

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Good time to move to LA.

The new stadium complex looks great.
    The James Earl Jones/Edward James Olmos dome in St Louis had to be the most depressing stadium in the entire NFL.

1st pick in the draft, moving city & Hard Knocks.
    Could be fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Good time to move to LA.
    The locale Los Angeles news has been frequently telecasting the Rams cheerleader tryouts all week. If the relocated team plays as well as their cheerleader finalists, they just might have a better 2016 season!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jwhat

Wow a rams thread, I think I started the last one but didn't get any response so I just checked in on every other teams threads instead.

Going to be a tough year for us but I'm looking forward to hard knocks.

Don't know if the trade to get first pick was worth it but we'll find out in a year or two, we definitely need a QB the last few years have been disappointing.

Wow a rams thread, I think I started the last one but didn't get any response so I just checked in on every other teams threads instead.

Don't know if the trade to get first pick was worth it but we'll find out in a year or two, we definitely need a QB the last few years have been disappointing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

jwhat wrote: »

Hopefully the Rams will show more spirit with the move to LA.

• Advertisement

Rams are on their Los Angeles honeymoon. They are frequently making appearances all over the city and county. It's been a long time since their move to St Louis after the 1994 season. Finally one of the largest cities in the US has its own football team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Woo-hoo, our own thread!

Tough year in store for sure, Fisher will be keeping his fingers crossed for the 7-9/8-8 Holy Grail.

The LA Rams Cheerleaders. Something to cheer for!

gettyimages-4880734261.jpg?w=628

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Does anyone know if there is a Jersey change for the Rams this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,625 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

keano_afc wrote: »
    Woo-hoo, our own thread!

Tough year in store for sure, Fisher will be keeping his fingers crossed for the 7-9/8-8 Holy Grail.

I think the move works out for Fisher. It's a new stadium and so it's all new and I don't think anybody has any big expectations for the first year. I think he gets a free pass this year regardless of results. It's like he has a whole season and two Training Camps to prepare for a divisional challenge.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's a new stadium and so it's all new and I don't think anybody has any big expectations for the first year.
    Hi eagle eye. They will play in the old Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for 2 seasons while the new one is built. I know it well, because it's the home field for my Trojans.

laaerial.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

madalig12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a Jersey change for the Rams this season?

Would love if they went back to the old bright blue and yellow. The Navy and Gold never worked for me.

I'd like to see them in the Blue and yellow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Black Swan... You do know the Rams are part of the NFC, right? And N-F-C stands for Nobody F#$@ing Cares.

Go JETS! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mod note: Please keep it civil and respectful. Amerika, please take a read of the charter before posting again.

Any questions drop me a pm. Don't reply on thread.

LA Rams sold 63,000 season tickets, which is about the population size of Tallaght. Their goal is to sell 70K, so we shall see if they meet it before Saturday 13 August against the Cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Black Swan wrote: »
    LA Rams sold 63,000 season tickets, which is about the population size of Tallaght. Their goal is to sell 70K, so we shall see if they meet it before Saturday 13 August against the Cowboys.

Tallaght's population is at least 100k. They have some way to go if that's their target :P

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Tallaght's population is at least 100k. They have some way to go if that's their target :P
    Oops! Well, I hope my guesses are better when the NCAA and NFL seasons start. :o

Rams summer training camp is walking distance from my flat. May go and see the lads practice.

uci.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

Ram's summer training camp was hosted by the University of California Irvine campus, where their mascot is an anteater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Black Swan wrote: »
    Rams summer training camp is walking distance from my flat. May go and see the lads practice.

Howbdoes Goff look?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Howbdoes Goff look?
    Cute indeed! Oh... you mean as QB? :o

1d3f9626d89741d4958846a84976db7b_tx600.JPEG?1cac1c26287decec7a3e591fce9b6936b1eddfe5

This thread is like a ghost town...

Good road win in a tough place to win yesterday. Far from perfect and lots to work on but happy enough with that start as none of the starters played in preseason.

Good to see Gurley finish the game strong too.

Another win for the Rams.
    A few NFL podcasts all predicting the saints would win so happy to get the win there. Losing Brees too much for them to overcome and was a comfortable win in the end.
    NFC west looking strong with 3 teams at 2-0. Is expect the 49ers to fall off but Seahawks look very good this year.

I watched the highlights of the game this morning and our offence is struggling, defense is looking good though.

Saints beat the seahawks in Seattle which was surprising.

Just watching a recording of the full game now.
    Offence struggling in first half has been the norm in the 3 games so far but second half’s have been impressive offensively.
    The run isn’t working as well as it should so it does look like Gurley isn’t operating at 100%.

The defence is really on it.

The defence is really on it.

Defence awful last night. I jinxed them.

Massive game for NFC west tonight. Both teams 3-1 going in.

• Advertisement

Only got around to watching the Seattle game yesterday.
    Although a loss the team played much better.
    I’d be confident enough of winning the return game in LA.
    The only real worry from a team POV is that if the D line isn’t getting pressure on, the corner backs are struggling in coverage. Talib looks to be struggling.

No Matthews now for a month either but upcoming fixtures are favourable.

Advertisement