Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Spanish girl gave the game away when she was on about sex and "tonnes of one night stands" at the ripe old age of 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

OK......just send me the IN AN number & I'll transfer the €€€€€😀

I've always reckoned ex lesbians would be Wildcats in the bedroom........& I've ABSOLUTEY NO RATIONALE behind that theory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The clip for next week ...will next week be the English gay guy third time to appear on the show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

He reminded me of Tom Dunne

Incredibly bland and boring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I seen Hughie pop up in the background of tonight's episode. Surprised he has yet to feature as a main date again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Army guy was on something, probably a small top up of the 'oul speed every hour or so. She was one of the classiest looking women ever to appear on the show. He'll find someone yet, and may god help her and us when we're subjected to their kids. And they want to give the likes of him in the Army F-16's so he can fight Putin?

Nice to see the old couple get on, his single tooth didn't do him any favours (I wonder what the California heads think of it). I thibk she didn't fancy him as he doesn't look too solid on his feet, she doesn't want to be a nurse.

Luke and the Miriam were nice, but she's a bit madder than him, wasn't going to work full time.

Delighted for the Dub-Fermanagh combo. Didn't think it would work out at first, he seemed a bit of a 'mad lad'. But he clearly won her over, she was very smitten by him by the end of the date.

Very good show. Even the army guy can be used to stave off extra spending on the defence forces in any public discussion.

8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

He did have more teeth in the bottom, to confirm that he only had one tooth you’d want a good look around his mouth. He seems very intelligent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,127 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That Army lad was some dose. I'm not sure why his date was on though, she already has a partner.

• I missed the start of the show, was your wan Kirsty from Waterford?

Definitely had a blaa tinge to her accent.

The fella she was on the date with was a prized prick.

She should have said no to a second date, just to soften his cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭billyhead

She was only inflating his ego by agreeing a 2nd date. What was she thinking. She's young and naive I suppose.

• I'd say she was genuinely pissed off with herself as she said her initial feeling was that he was a bit of a '**** boy'.

Good looking girl and seems like a decent egg, she'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

From some things said on Twitter it looks like someone from last nights show will be returning this Thursday. I was wondering why there was follow up asking would she go on another blind date.

Reading twitter it's amazing the different reactions when a man gets treated bad by a woman and when a woman gets treated bad by a man.

It's full of "Kirsty, you are gorgeous, you are better than him and deserve so much better!" type comments.

You'd worry for her if that's the sort of fellas she's in to. WTF was she thinking? He was clearly a dope after you heard the first sentence out of his mouth.

And women take it so personally...she went on a mini rant after how she knew it, first instincts and how she knew he was lying.

I think yer man thought she'd say no as the bits of the date we saw she didn't look interested so he was trying to save face but then when she said yes he thought he'd get a ride out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

She told them what she was looking for and they found him.

The show is recorded in July/August time so when they give the vague updates like "X and Y had a second date and took a photo of their food", does that imply that was it and nothing else came of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The week before the episode airs you are asked for a 30 second video of 3 things you have been up to since the date. Presumably if still together you’d do a joint one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I think everyone is being harsh on the army lad. Agree that he is a bit of a messer but didn't come across as a bad person. He could have handled the 'moment of truth' bit a bit better but I figure he was trying to be nice by saying yes when she said yes. Would have been better if he said no straight up though. Weird that the interviewer called him out on it.

Also she had zero personality, or maybe she just didn't bother to talk much about herself as she thought it would go nowhere!

• Advertisement

At best he came across as a stereotypical dope from Dublin.

At worst he was a two faced liar. "she's attractive but not my type"...yeah....sure...he'd be up on her if he could! He only said no to a second date because he thought she was going to say no. Otherwise why would he say yes when officially asked?

He was only on looking for followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I only caught up this morning.

Arsehole and Kirsty

Aran was insufferable! He was trying the whole "cheeky chappy" thing but had no saving graces at all. I kept thinking, same as others (He has a sunbed in his house ffs) Kirsty looked gorgeous and was definitely too nice for him. Him intending to say no but letting her go first was a knob-head thing to do, but why she said yes in the first place I can't fathom. I think she was as much mad at herself as she was at him in the end but she was definitely annoyed with him.

Margaret and Shane

The more this date went on the more I liked them. I was like other posters at the start when I saw her top but I got it when I saw the journey she had been on with the weight-loss and she was rightly proud of the boobs so I forgave her the bad taste in top. I didn't think at first she was particularly into him but his jokes about "last first dates" and "first kisses" might have made her wary. They came across very open and honest and I was happy they gave it a go.

Brenda and Gerry

I didn't really warm to Brenda but I thought she looked amazing for 73. She said she didn't fancy him but she had said at the start that she would be happy with a friend/companion beginning and working from there. I thought Gerry was great company, not trying to hard, obviously very intelligent and able to talk about a broad range of subjects. I would have said yes. I also thought she was too quick to let him pay and not even gracious about his generosity. Some poster did make the point that he didn't seem very steady on his feet and she may have been worried about being his nurse. I think that is a very good point.

Miriam and Luke

I actually really liked them. I think she was out of his league and i think she would eat him for breakfast but he seemed a nice lad. My favourite part was when she said Irish men didn't like to talk about sex, that they get pink with embarrassment and the poor fucker turned red himself.

I'm very impressed with how they match people to their likes, tattooed, men in uniform, Latina, red heads etc

There is hope for me finding an Olivier Giroud lookalike then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sorry meant to write there that same as you all, doesn't do much for the image of the army

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

He was absolutely fine (albeit a bit irritating) until the post-date interview. The fact that the production team had to call him out on misleading Kirsty showed his true colours, or at least what he's capable of.

Before she showed up, he defiantly said he had no interest and still asked her to go first to validate himself which is one of the cardinal no-no's of the show if you want to come off as a nice person. But then to compound it, he lied to her face. And then when he was called out, he almost instantly said something along the lines of "yeah, I actually don't fancy you". If the production team didn't call it out, she would have been humiliated so fair play to them. The production team should (and seem to be) on the side of people who are looking to find someone, not bell-end liars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭VonLuck

And so what if that's all what he wanted in the end? You're not forced into a long-term relationship at the end of the show! As long as he made it clear to her after the fact that he was after something casual.

I thought the complete opposite regarding the production team. They didn't have to show the one-to-one section of interview, and they didn't have to tell her what he had said. It would have been better for her if they had said nothing and didn't show the clip, or even just say it to her off camera. Clearly playing them for entertainment value, but that's to be expected from these kind of shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Production team were arsheoles calling him out on that. I'm '100%' sure they wouldn't if it was a woman.

I didn't like him myself but he only said 'yeah' to not upset her

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

He made her go first even though he was planning to say no. He deserved to be called out on it. Why should she have her time wasted waiting for another date with someone who clearly had no interest in her.

No way. He only said no in the one v one because he thought she was going to say no and he didn't want to be rejected.

You really think he'd have said no to her? She's a cracker and he wouldn't say no to taking his jocks off! Oh wait no he doesn't wear any.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

She is gorgeous and lady like and far too classy for a prize skanger like Aoron but he's not Ted bundy either, he's being over roasted on social media

• Advertisement

Who in their right mind would turn down a girl like Kirsty?

Extremely attractive and focusing on getting a good career in accounting.

Advertisement