Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Dates Ireland *read first post*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

The one from Cork on tonight’s show got a good kick up the arse from your man 😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yer wan from Cork came across as refusing to compromise...it's her way or no way.

She was not impressed when he said he wasn't interested in friends. "That's fine with me". Then yer man was giving a compliment but she was too busy responding with some bitchy comment to see it was a compliment. "I'm not intimidating!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Amazed the 2 guys got together in the end, the one with the ginger beard was a stunner.

Good show tonight. Lots of decent people on it.

The young ones were fairly annoying. But in a real nice innocent way, they’d no hang ups or much maintenance in there.

The two lads were a great match, delighted for them. The Cork fella was a gent, I kept thinking he sounded like Micheal Martin when he’d be talking while they filmed something else. She came across a bit uninterested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Hayley wasn't in to yer man from the start, you can see it very briefly when she's at the bar and he's with the Maitre D. Fair enough. I also think she turned him down a bit wrong and the 'friends' thing was taken up wrong too. Her excuse that she needed to go travelling is bull, WTF is she doing on a dating show if she's going abroad again in a few months. Agree that she thought she was better than him. BTW, he should have worn something other than a scruffy jumper.

Young couple were refreshingly naive, but nice.

Gay lads; delighted they got on with each other and matched up.

Zoe was probably on for exposure though she either didn't push it or the production company didn't show it. He's very genuine though, he'll probably do a lot better out of it long term, he'll find that out the next time he's out and about.

Good programme overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just watched it on the player. Audio and video were totally out of sync. Quite funny hearing the Maitre D guy's pervy compliments while the DJ was talking to the Limerick girl.

I'll have to watch the repeat to see what actually happens.

She was fairly fast to accept his offer of paying for her dinner even though I doubt they have to pay for it. I just checked it there they have to pay but get €25 each towards their dinner.

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/0220/1116484-i-was-a-background-dater-on-first-dates-heres-what-i-learned/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Watched it back on the RTÉ player this morning. Good episode overall.

The teenagers were silly, naive, but lovable. If you can’t be an eejit at their age, when can you be. It was also refreshing to hear genuine regional Irish accents instead of the mid-Atlantic drawl so prevalent these days.

The ginger guy from Limerick seems like a nice type. The miss Ireland contestant from Cork was carefully managing her image. A decent enough woman, but quite self-aware. I knew she would put him in the friend-zone immediately after saying yes. He’ll be fine in the long run.

That Cork girl was hard work. Right away, I thought she had a hard face and a pretty cold vibe. I’ve met Irish women like her abroad. Sometimes it seems they think they are too good for Irish guys and want to get with the Brit or Aussie with the tan and six pack. She needs to get back out traveling to get that wanderlust out of her system. Cork guy seems like a solid bloke. His time was wasted on that date, but he wasn’t having any of her nonsense. He’ll also be fine in the long run.

Delighted to see the two lads get together. They both seemed really decent. I’ll probably be slammed for saying this, but I sometimes find the more flamboyant daters a bit annoying. My sense is that these guys are more representative of the gay community. The Monaghan guy had clearly travelled a tough enough road. They were well matched, seemed to like each other, and will hopefully make a real go of it.

Enjoyed that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Warwick green

"I DJ'd at my dad's 40th"

Christ, you know you're getting old when even the daters parents are younger than you

• Advertisement

No I found the one young annoying. 18 and they're there giving reasons why they're single.

I think "Ciano" was just on to make a name for himself. He was on Pulling with my Parents too.

His "definightly" was put on as when he was in the jacks on the phone he said definitely normal.

And realistically, it'll never happen between them two as he's in Wexford and she's in limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,075 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought there was a real spark between the two guys. I don't think I've ever seen such chemistry on the show before.

They were clearly smitten, I hope they are still together.

The bearded guy was absolutely stunning, I was secretly praying he wasn't gay 🤭

I didn't get the vibe that Zoe was managing her appearance but maybe I'm just naive about social media. I thought she'd say yes because I thought they were both on the same par in terms of looks and personality.

Young couple were so cute. Giggly and carefree with no pretentiousness or that annoying 'loike' accent we see most weeks.

Wanderlust woman wasted a space on the show if she had no intention of actually looking for a relationship. He was a gem. I hope he finds a nice lady.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭billyhead

The blond woman saying she was going traveling wasn't even good looking. She had a pus on her face all night. She thought she was something that's she's not. I wouldn't look twice at her on a night out.

That young one from limerick was a stunner..as was the miss cork.. was nice to see the two gay lads get together..

Blonde from Cork seemed like hard work..

She was def in nightly trying too hard to be funny when she wasn’t, I loved her natural Irish accent though.

Blonde woman only gave an excuse about travelling because she doesn't have the balls to be honest.

She'd have 0 intention of meeting as friends even if yer man wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Agree with the other poster. Didn't find her attractive either physically or personality-wise. She wouldn't register for me in a bar or club.

I think she was early 30s. A bit too old to be on the 'Australia for a year' / crewing on a yacht buzz. Definitely not an attractive prospect for a guy looking a serious relationship. She's probably alright in reality, just a very poor match for that particular guy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If anyone has access to the indo online (paywall), this looks like an interesting behind the scenes view:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Just watched it there now some pair of knockers on her god bless her.

• Advertisement

No doubt they ARE two very impressive assets........but looking at the 'whole' picture......HEADWRECK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭4Ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Well we only seen a few minutes of her and was well edited, so wouldn't judge her, she just wasn't feeling it for your man, I think a women like that would like a big lad kind of rugby guy Tall Well built, and Hayley if you are reading this I think you are a beauty.

Partly true, surprised we didn’t get a classic “I’ve been single my whole life” out of them.

I meant they were annoying, but in a general 18 year old annoying. I don’t think he’ll make a career out of DJ Ciano anytime soon - I didn’t get a massive vibe out of either of them doing the date for their brand or the gram.

Just naive and loud really. But harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ciano also eats with his mouth wide open which is a no-no for me.

Don't get the negativity about Hayley's appearance, she's a fine looking woman. She simply wasn't into yer man from the off and it's probably a bit difficult to get yourself dolled up, then have to spend 90 minutes with someone who you know you won't click with. She came across a bit plssed off which is fair enough. She would have been more into the red bearded Monaghan gay lad I think.

Cork man should have tried a shirt or something, the jumper looked bad, it was also stained.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,743 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I think a woman like that will never settle down and she’s only fooling herself if she thinks she will. Grass always greener on the other side kinda girl

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well do she is a Woman. Off course she does not have balls do.

Tell me about it. I am older than that and have 0 children. Maybe I will adapt in the future depending on where life takes me but I certainly will never be having any myself. My two dogs are more than enough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's very harsh. She was not bad looking just a bit stuck up. Maybe she needs to check her priorities again. Maybe a trip to Oz will do her the world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not really but that's my opinion anyway from what I saw on tv. She had the personality of a corpse. She also wasn't a true blonde.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The ginger lad seemed extremely nervous...his date was absolutely stunning. Both nice, I thought glad she said yes would be a big boost to his confidence, I think she did it out of politeness no shock they didn't go on another date.

The two gay lads...sound...normal...handsome. The guy from Monaghan especially tough enough losing your mum that young. Jay from Donegal I would have said older than 28. Really nice to have some less flamboyant stereotypical gay guys on. Definite chemistry and both looking for a relationship, and now in one, you love to see it!

The girl from limerick was sweet, I don't know about her as gardai tbh. Wearing shorts on a first date brave lol, he didn't lack in confidence, but seemed like a sweet young fella. But close your mouth when you are eating please lol. Both so young bless.

Surfer girl from cork, her face sunk when the guy didn't drink ha. She seemed a bit wild/stuck up and he seemed a bit dry/queit for her. But she clearly had no interest in him. Very different people. It got a bit awkward at the end! But kinds respect his direct response

Advertisement