Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.is/rip-randomer

Options
  • 21-04-2016 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

OK what's the official 'start new thread' rules for making a r.i.p thread ?

Every second day there's a thread to somebody I've never heard of. Rip guy from season 4 of the apprentice uk. RIP ex interior minister of Turkmenistan. Rip David hasselhof's driver.

Should there not be some separate rip forum for this continuous parade of recently passed wedding/birthday/bah mitzvah performers.

How come some w list celebrity/champion ukulele player from big brother gets a rip thread but the thousands of other folks who kicked it today don't.

Could the rip threads in AH not be limited to anyone more relevant than Mr motivator circa 1999.

The rest of us can be remembered in a non-omfg-seriously forum. A place for ordinary ppl and these once were famous sorts who are checking out in droves from what I can see.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can't believe David Hasselhoff's driver is dead. Such sad news. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

He's with the angles now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

Where do we leave the flowers, cuddly toys, and candles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Never understand how people can be bothered by the existence of threads that they don't like. Just ignore them or report them if you must. Someone obviously is interested in them otherwise they wouldn't be there and so let them be. Same goes for posters that pop into long threads and ask 'Are you lot still arguing?'. Find threads that you do like and leave people to enjoy the ones they like. We can all live happily ever after then. Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭MacauDragon

Cathy.C wrote: »
    Never understand how people can be bothered by the existence of threads that they don't like. Just ignore them. Someone obviously is interested in them otherwise they wouldn't be there and so let them be. Same goes for posters that pop into long threads and ask 'Are you lot still arguing?'. Find threads you like and live people to enjoy the ones they like. We can all love happily ever after then. Maybe.

But do I get to start one for my neighbor ?

Can we all start one for our random neighbors, aunts, favorite 70s movie extra ?

If not, where's the line ?

My own rule would be; if they make front page on both sides of the Atlantic* then AH. Otherwise back with us randomers in a specially dedicated forum.

*local mainstream, no ukulele monthly or film-extra digest etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

There is a forum for it but it never gets used. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1360

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I accidentally stood on a garden snail the other day. RIP snail dude. Condolences to your family.

ken wrote: »
    There is a forum for it but it never gets used. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1360

If only there was some kind of ppl to moderate forum contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

If only there was some kind of ppl to moderate forum contents.

Or if there were ppl that were actually old enough to know who these deceased people are and can appreciate what they did.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Or if there were ppl that were actually old enough to know who these deceased people are and can appreciate what they did.

My neighbor Bob did a lot of good things too. Is he any less important. Are you suggesting he doesn't warrant a forum thread.
    How dare you. You monster. Have some respect etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

KungPao wrote: »
    I accidentally stood on a garden snail the other day. RIP snail dude. Condolences to your family.

I wouldn't fancy being stuck behind that funeral in a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Never going to click on Boards.is - too close to is is.

RIP Boards - that would be a more topical thread.

Not your ornery onager

R.I.P boards RIP forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

His name was K.I.T.T., wasn't it?
    My own rule would be; if they make front page on both sides of the Atlantic* then AH. Otherwise back with us randomers in a specially dedicated forum.

*local mainstream, no ukulele monthly or film-extra digest etc.
    Why does it have to be big news in America? :confused:
    Esel wrote: »
    Never going to click on Boards.is - too close to is is.
    Aaaah, what did the Icelanders ever do to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

As the poster said above if people want to make these threads and there within the rules of boards,let them be,If there not mods be along shortly to move everyone along and close it,and if its not closed or interesting to any baordsies the thread will just die any way .

RIP to all the dull threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Kitts dead? Noooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,084 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Thought this thread was going to be about a user named randomer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Never knew Iceland had Boards as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

randomer is dead. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They can serve a purpose as long as no sensitive Sallys get their knickers in a twist when someone goes "off message" and is in anyway critical of the deceased.

The levels of self righteous indignation are usually linked to how liberal and right on the person was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Kitts dead? Noooooooooooooo!

He was part of Tommy Westphall's universe.... So never existed in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gebgbegb wrote:
    He was part of Tommy Westphall's universe.... So never existed in the first place.

You've just ruined my childhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Can the mods just start to move threads there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

smash wrote: »
    Can the mods just start to move threads there...

Why?

No one forces you to comment. Not every AH thread must be commented on. Just skip it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Why?

No one forces you to comment. Not every AH thread must be commented on. Just skip it.
    A lot of the fun threads are moved to other forums so why can't the depressing RIP ones be moved to the dedicated RIP forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

smash wrote: »
    A lot of the fun threads are moved to other forums so why can't the depressing RIP ones be moved to the dedicated RIP forum?

Well then threads giving out about other threads should be moved to the Feedback forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He's dead for god sake!! Address him by his full name. RIP Knight Industries Two Thousand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I murdered a whole tub of ice cream last night. RIP Ben, RIP Jerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

diomed wrote: »
    randomer is dead. RIP.

Oh my God it's true! :(Last activity 20-01-2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

But do I get to start one for my neighbor ?

If not, where's the line ?

Anyone with a wikipedia article gets a thread. There's your line.

Advertisement