Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples Republic of Limerick

Options
  • 20-04-2016 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

This makes seems to make sense to me, develop limerick as the second city of Ireland. There's too many people in dublin now, mostly fordiners from beyond the pale.

While we're at it we could force TCD to up sticks and move to the treaty city rather than blocking up the whole of dublin city centre like some urban blood clot. This could work people, this could just work

http://www.thejournal.ie/limerick-city-dublin-2-2723719-Apr2016/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Fat f**king chance of that.

They won't even build a decent road to connect Limerick, Cork, and Galway.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Sounds good. I'm in. You do all the stuff, i'll do the other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Cork would be a more natural choice.It has a deep sea port and motorway and rail links to the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

kneemos wrote: »
    Cork would be a more natural choice.It has a deep sea port and motorway and rail links to the capital.

They can't be trusted though.

Limerick has shannon airport and Foynes port for the resurgence of flying boats that I confidently predict

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

osarusan wrote: »

If they did invest in limerick, it would be fantastic.
    I know I would end up coming back to live in limerick if they did.

Make limerick into a Dublin lite where there is actually stuff to do and it would be a great place to be.

I don't understand why you wouldn't want it to be the 'guinea pig'.
    Have you seen how many shut down shops there is, or are you happy to keep limerick the way it is.

• Advertisement

Limerick could become a centre of excellence for the copper industry too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Cork is the people's republic, get your own bloody catchphrase.

People Republic of Limerick (& Environs) spells PROL(E) though, that's better than the langers catchphrase

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

osarusan wrote: »

This is how contagin spreads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yuck. Imagine the tourism ads.
    See piebalds in their natural environment.
    Continue the party in the mid west regional, the locals will be sure to have you in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

the locals will be sure to have you in stitches.
    "Die Laughing"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Yuck. Imagine the tourism ads.
    See piebalds in their natural environment.
    Continue the party in the mid west regional, the locals will be sure to have you in stitches.

Because Dublin is so saintly?

Dublin is far far worse than anything limerick has to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's Limerick Cit-aaah. Abhoy de ked. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Bambi wrote: »
    While we're at it we could force TCD to up sticks and move to the treaty city rather than blocking up the whole of dublin city centre like some urban blood clot.

Why in hell would you want to invite TCD to your city? A hybrid Limerick-Trinners accent would have to be one of the worst abominations imaginable :eek:

maudgonner wrote: »
    Why in hell would you want to invite TCD to your city? A hybrid Limerick-Trinners accent would have to be one of the worst abominations imaginable :eek:

I now have Michael Noonan's voice echoing in my ear, saying "We're students-aaahhh, we're, like stone mad, so we are, and have loads of the sex-aaaahhhh!!!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

My father works in KPMG and will stab you before taking your car for a joy ride and dumping it in moyross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

jimgoose wrote: »
    I now have Michael Noonan's voice echoing in my ear, saying "We're students-aaahhh, we're, like stone mad, so we are, and have loads of the sex-aaaahhhh!!!" :pac:

Now imagine the Trinity ball populated by a few hundred Willie O'Deas. Half in tuxes and, yes, the other half in dresses.

You won't sleep for a month with that image in your head!

Now imagine the Trinity ball populated by a few hundred Willie O'Deas. Half in tuxes and, yes, the other half in dresses.

You won't sleep for a month with that image in your head!

Indeed not. I have exactly the same accent as Willie. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Limerick should be the second city. Bulldoze Dublin and turn it into a landfill (it already looks and smells like one so not much work needed.) Make Cork the capital of the new Dub-free Ireland and Limerick the second city. Should work well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Limerick should be the second city. Bulldoze Dublin and turn it into a landfill (it already looks and smells like one so not much work needed.) Make Cork the capital of the new Dub-free Ireland and Limerick the second city. Should work well.

I say bulldoze all the current cities.

Make Castlepollard and Fore the new capitals of Ireland :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

jimgoose wrote: »
    Indeed not. I have exactly the same accent as Willie. :pac:

Little by little you say stuff that helps me piece together jimgoose in my head. And let me tell you, so far this is the icing on the cake. If I ever host come dine with me you're invited (hope you like cake)

the cork floodplain project is too far advanced now for that. We should have it below a foot of water by 2021

Little by little you say stuff that helps me piece together jimgoose in my head. And let me tell you, so far this is the icing on the cake. If I ever host come dine with me you're invited (hope you like cake)

Rhubarb tart, preceded by a plate of mate-and-cabbitch that'd capsize a bull-elephant, and I'm anybody's! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

This makes seems to make sense to me, develop limerick as the second city of Ireland.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/limerick-city-dublin-2-2723719-Apr2016/

city?

I've stayed in the Savoy a few times and wandered up and down to the Locke Bar, but I've not been to Limerick "City" yet. Is it close by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

the cork floodplain project is too far advanced now for that. We should have it below a foot of water by 2021

If we could so the same for Dublin it might actually be clean for once.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

city?

I've stayed in the Savoy a few times and wandered up and down to the Locke Bar, but I've not been to Limerick "City" yet. Is it close by?

The fresh river air and beautiful environs must have caused short term memory loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Limerick is alright.

But if you want a counterbalance to Dublin then Galway and Ennis would have to be included to make a meaningful corridor.

Trinity's location is actually excellent both from a Dublin and Trinity perspective.

Limerick lost out so much by UL being 3 miles away from the centre. A loss for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The amount of Dublin envy you see in these threads :pac:

• Advertisement

city?

About fifteen miles out the Ballysimon road. You're looking for Mick-Oliver's bar in Clashbane. Tell them the Goose sent you - they'll show you where we keep the real city-centre.

Advertisement