Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elderly man cleared of shooting two intruders, killing one

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

HensVassal wrote: »
    Then call the cops and have them removed.
    This asshole most likely knew they were unarmed because if he knew for certain that they were armed and dangerous he would not have dared enter the premises.

Imagine that, waiting to be fearful to enter your own property. I'm sure the cops knew well addicts were dossing down in there. There's not much even here the cops will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Seems to me that you too have this sadistic desire to be able to kill if you can get away with it.

Excuse me? I must be reading something wrong because I doubt you just told me - a stranger on the Internet - that I'm a murderer in waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Augme wrote: »
    I know you do it at your own risk. When break into someones house you don't know who owns it, could be some scumbag who is happy to shoot you. But saying "you do it at your own risk" doesn't justify shooting someone.

Should you ever have to suffer the terror of a home invasion (and I really hope you never do) you'd likely change your tune. Calling someone prepared to do anything to protect their loved ones and their hard earned property a "scumbag" is hugely inappropriate and just plain wrong. The only scumbag in that scenario is the person who is there to steal, kill, rape, beat etc. And I hope they get what's coming to them every single time.

However all of this is off topic for the subject at hand in the thread. Certainly in respect of the OP the man seems to have laid in wait to execute these men. That is excessive to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 I Am Justice82

If someone breaks into your house- you don,t know what their purpose or intent is, you don,t know if they are there to steal or if they are there to carry out a sexual attack- if you have a good weapon you can use to defend yourself by all means houseowners should be left do so without a fear of later consequences from the law.

Can,t post links as I don,t have enough posts, but there is a very interesting case going on in Australia at the present moment, google ( Benjamin Batterham ) or ( Ben Batterham )

Ben woke up during the night to find an intruder near his young daughters bed room, Ben tackles him to make a citizens arrest, while in the process of making a citizens arrest he broke his neck by accident, and the Intruder later dies in a hospital, Ben is in jail at the moment to await trial on murder charges, and get this the Intruder who broke into Ben,s house /Richard James Slater/ is already a convicted sex offender he raped a girl before + has convictions for breaking and entering, just google this case in Australia Id recommend to people .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Can,t post links as I don,t have enough posts, but there is a very interesting case going on in Australia at the present moment, google ( Benjamin Batterham ) or ( Ben Batterham )

If ever there was an unfortunate name for the circumstances...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

If someone breaks into your house- you don,t know what their purpose or intent is, you don,t know if they are there to steal or if they are there to carry out a sexual attack- if you have a good weapon you can use to defend yourself by all means houseowners should be left do so without a fear of later consequences from the law.

Ben woke up during the night to find an intruder near his young daughters bed room, Ben tackles him to make a citizens arrest, while in the process of making a citizens arrest he broke his neck by accident, and the Intruder later dies in a hospital, Ben is in jail at the moment to await trial on murder charges, and get this the Intruder who broke into Ben,s house /Richard James Slater/ is already a convicted sex offender he raped a girl before + has convictions for breaking and entering, just google this case in Australia Id recommend to people .

People get charged and tried all the time for things either they didn't do or that may have happened in a different way to the way they described.

Judging by some peoples views on this thread Oscar pistorious should never have even seen the inside of a courtroom. Their attitude is if you wtness or suspect an intruder you're free to blast away no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

People get charged and tried all the time for things either they didn't do or that may have happened in a different way to the way they described.

Judging by some peoples views on this thread Oscar pistorious should never have even seen the inside of a courtroom. Their attitude is if you wtness or suspect an intruder you're free to blast away no matter what.

The Pistorious case is entirely different. South Africa's National Prosecuting Authority were disappointed they were not successful in securing a conviction on the original charge of premeditated murder. Many people would suspect that he knew what he was doing to his girlfriend. I suppose though that is not what he was convicted of so we should just accept the verdict.....

Same goes for the verdict in the OP in my opinion too.

P.S. I'm not English, I'm not Australian, and I'm not a fvcking sailor - don't call me mate.

Sorry princess, out of all the four letter words I could have used I had no idea that was the one that would offend the most. :rolleyes: You know, absence of real names on a forum and all. For future reference "arse" sounds like an altogether more apt name anyway.

Advertisement