Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoke v Tottenham MNF

Options
  • 18-04-2016 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Stoke-City-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Head-to-head

Stoke did the double over Tottenham last season but have lost two of the last three home meetings.

Spurs let slip a 2-0 lead when the teams drew 2-2 at White Hart Lane in August.

There have been seven red cards in seven Premier League games between Spurs and Stoke at the Britannia Stadium, with only one of those matches not seeing a dismissal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Such a tough game for us. As I said in the other thread Nevermind if we end up winning the league or not. These are the sorts of games where we see what this current crop is made of.

Playing last the next few weeks means we get to see what others around us have done. This weekend is very much within our favour but the pressure could easily get to us.

I think if we draw or lose this game we'll know that Pochettino has some way to go before turning this side into main stay title contenders.

I think we'll take this one 2-1. Lamela + Kane goals.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think we'll win this. It's not an easy place to go to and win, but they are in holiday mode already, and we've been playing some great football. 3-1 to Spurs, Kane double and Eriksen. Arnautović with Stokes goal.

Hate that the next games are all on Monday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Another massive game, win this and it gives Leicester something to think about big time. Big pressure on Spurs to turn up for this one aswell. The West Ham away game spings to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Had a look at Stoke's recent home record. It's not great. Maybe their new fancy players can't do on rainy nights in Stoke.

Anyway, they still have an outside chance of Europa League football. Hughes would be crowned a king if he brought European football to Stoke. So I think this won't be an easy came.

It should be an attacking match and I think we will edge it on class.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Seems almost redundant to say it but it can't be any less then three points here. It's only a glimmer of hope but belief is a funny thing. Leicester most like felt unstoppable last week following their 2-0 and ourselves yet to play united. If we get through tonight I can guarantee it will be a very different vibe next Saturday. If we do pull it back to 5 I honestly think it's very much game on....

• Advertisement

I think Stoke will score just before half time tonight. We will then score just after half-time and then go on to win the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Ive been saying it for weeks now...
    We have so much possession and dominance.....

We'll bash these tonight.

3 or 4 zip !!!

Shay Given in goal !!!!!

We are looking so strong at the minute.....Leicester slip up again and we'll win the league !!!!

And they will slip up !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

In fairness there should only be one winner here. Spurs are going for a league title and every game is Last Chance Saloon. If we drop any points at all it is game over (and 15 pts might'nt be enough anyway). Stoke really have nothing to play for and it is up to Spurs to make it as uncomfortable as possible from early on to take away whatever fight Stoke might have in them. Spurs play exactly the type of game to achieve this and I honestly expect a workmanlike performance to be enough for a clear win.

Vardy's red had suddenly made the Swansea game interesting where I was writing it off previously. While Leicester obviously have a huge advantage they still need to win games, draws won't be enough (hopefully!!). Ullloa was their saviour on Sunday and he is a decent player but what effect will Vardys absence have on their tactics and confidence?

This league could turn on its head in the next 7 days. Just to be still in it at this stage has my heart pumping.

COYS!!!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

It would really be a pity if it came to an end tonight. If nothing else it'd be gas to see them lift the trophy against Chelsea. But more then anything I want to hold onto this feeling for a couple of more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Me nerves are shot already and its only 5.15 haha. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Have a bad feeling about this one, let's hope my feeling is wrong!!!

Beers chilling.. might need a drop of red to settle me!

OFF TOPIC (just heard Vardy being charge with misconduct)

COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Heading into Mayes for this one.

Nerves are in bits and if I stay home I could up kicking the dog, the wife and the child!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I think we,r good enough to win and it is important to keep pressure on Leicester while staying well ahead of the other crowd. Spurs will be fired up n get plenty chances. 1-3.

Seeing some reports of Kane injury problem though expecting to start. Hope he's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

I really don't like Monday night games - and this is the first of three consecutive for us. You spend the weekend waiting. And it wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane.

Bench: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Wimmer, Mason, Chadli, Son.

Looks good to me!

FB's not being rotated anymore!

prodsc wrote: »

FB's not being rotated anymore!

I'd say it's a case of strongest team every week now that we have a week to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Looks like Stoke parking the bus.

No striker.

COYS

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Given in nets. Brilliant shot stopper. Keepers always having a worldie against us.

The irony of an Irish lad keeping our hands off the title! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

COYS,lets put some real pressure on Leicester.

• Advertisement

What a goal!! Get in Kane :D

Stoke look like their just trying to hurt the Spurs players now.

Stoke crowd never lost it,they want a free for every tackle on one of their players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Why is that not a card?

Evens out, as Dembele should have gotten one there as well.

Stoke coming back well, and we need to up our game again.

Ahh Eriksen, how the did you miss that...

What a miss

We really need that 2nd goal. The longer it goes on, the worse i'll get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

All we need is that 1 goal more and we'll coast away. Can't believe Eriksen missed that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Listening to the game on radio. Sounds like we're playing some great football.

Needed that second goal to sure things up. Stoke have one in them.

That crowd are an awful shower. Trying to influence the ref every incident. A second should shut them up..

Advertisement