Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowest Point for Television

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

They're horrible looking! Those lips! Why????

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Those lips! Why????

They could eat an apple through a letterbox with those!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I actually had to close the link, the pictures made me want to retch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nearly any reality tv shows are the low points of tv. But it's not the producers fault, they're pandering to the wants of the brainless masses. I think these tv shows are not low points in tv, they're low points in humanity. Geordie Shore, Big Brother, any of the traveller reality shows, they're all cancer for the eyes and brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

How did a human give birth to a platypus? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

They should have used the money they spent on plastic surgery for some sessions with a psychiatrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I actually had to close the link, the pictures made me want to retch

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh my god they look like a puffer fish.

I just got sick in my mouth...

Nightmares tonight anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's not really fair to exploit what is clearly an illness. I wouldn't have an issue with the idea of the TV show in general actually - but one look at that mutant extra terrestrial pair and it's clear that something is very, very wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

They're horrible looking! Those lips! Why????

I dunno, I like the natural look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Mutton dressed as, well.......mutton!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭cml387

I think they look rather nice.

A. Fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Is this it? :eek:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/my-mums-hotter-than-me-new-show-sees-mum-spend-thousands-on-plastic-surgery-to-compete-with-daughter-34630153.html

I can't believe anyone would tune in to this, let alone a studio offer money/equipment to follow these fools around.

Are my expectations for humans too high?

Disclaimer: I do realize this is Channel 5 we're talking about - but I'm just wondering is there any other car-crash-shows worse than this!

why do I have to click on a link to find out what you are on about??

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Mutton dressed as, well.......mutton!
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

"When Kayla told me that she wanted a boob job and plastic surgery, I was glad because I wanted her to be that kind of person," Georgina told the show.

This is the mother talking. Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

maybe the lips offer added suction effects.
    maybe what they lack in aesthetics is compensated by practical attributes ..

I dunno ....I'd still be wary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Neyite wrote: »
    "When Kayla told me that she wanted a boob job and plastic surgery, I was glad because I wanted her to be that kind of person," Georgina told the show.

She also said she was delighted when her 18 year-old daughter landed a 50 year-old sugar daddy.

FFS, that is just creepy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Let people be people and do what they want.

They are not harming anyone and allowing thier plastic surgeon to buy that gold plated rocket car he always wanted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Are there actually men out there who find this whole look attractive? Maybe not the extreme example in the op but the general facebook/instagram selfie stuff of makeup, peroxide hair, duckface etc. To me it just looks awful, it might catch my eye for a second on the internet but once I actually look at the pic I think it emphasises the 'un-prettyness' rather than hiding it, even though the girl herself could actually be pretty without it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Are there actually men out there who find this whole look attractive? Maybe not the extreme example in the op but the general facebook/instagram selfie stuff of makeup, peroxide hair, duckface etc. To me it just looks awful, it might catch my eye for a second on the internet but once I actually look at the pic I think it emphasises the 'un-prettyness' rather than hiding it, even though the girl herself could actually be pretty without it

There are men who will go for this look because this look basically says "I'll shag you for money"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

HensVassal wrote: »
    There are men who will go for this look because this look basically says "I'll shag you for money"

It'd be cheaper, and more realistic, to buy a blow up doll if your that desperate for a shag.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Watch less TV, read more bukes - be smarter and gooder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Neyite wrote: »

I don't necessarily mind parents paying for their kids to have surgery like that (so long as said kid is over 18 and aware they are being spoiled rotten in terms of cost) but a boob job is not a "kind of person". I meant seriously!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Whitney dressed as Britney

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How about Goggle Box. It's a tv show where the viewer watches people watching tv.... That's the lowest point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Can't stand TV and the ****e they drive into the minds of people. Yeah theirs some good tv shows, but Christ, the other 95% is cancer to the brain. That's including ads which is why I avoid channels. Give me a streaming service any day of the week or downloads. No bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

at first I couldn't tell the difference between mother and daughter ... jaysus

How about Goggle Box. It's a tv show where the viewer watches people watching tv.... That's the lowest point.

I find it to be strangely ok-ish background TV actually. By that I mean when I'm actively doing something online or cooking or cleaning or whatnot, it's inoffensive. Probably scripted too, but meh, could be worse. I guess it's just less annoying because the people on it are not jumping up and down for constant attention like on X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, etc (and that's before you even get to the contestants).

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Billy86 wrote: »
    I guess it's just less annoying because the people on it are not jumping up and down for constant attention like on X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, etc (and that's before you even get to the contestants).

They're jumping up and down for constant attention on this still, they're just doing it with surgery instead of their voices.

• Advertisement

They're jumping up and down for constant attention on this still, they're just doing it with surgery instead of their voices.

Was referring to Goggle Box. :)

Advertisement