Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingsman 2 The Golden Circle

Options
  • 14-04-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭

Channing Tatum, Halle Berry, Julianne Moore, Elton John and Pedro Pascal are all joining the returning Taron Eggerton and Mark Strong
    Colin Firth is back too

The first one was very enjoyable

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Not sure how good this will be but I'll watch anything with Mark Strong in it. That man is a genius on screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A teaser poster

kingsman-golden-circle-poster.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The first one was a great surprise and one of my favourite films of last year, so hopefully they can keep up the standard with the sequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

The first was such a lovely surprise. I look forward to a bit more of this, as well:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

That Church scene will take something to be topped. Loved Kingsman was one of the surprise hits of that year and was a lot of fun. I know Julianne Moore is rumoured to be the baddie. Have a feeling Channing Tatum could be the American Rival spy, just have that feeling lol. Can't wait for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

First one was great. All for more !! OTT massively entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Loved the 1st one, knew nothing about it only people here said it was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I will be fairly sceptical of this movie unless Matthew Vaughn is attached to direct again.

The mess they made of Kickass 2 without Vaughn directing was a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I will be fairly sceptical of this movie unless Matthew Vaughn is attached to direct again.

The mess they made of Kickass 2 without Vaughn directing was a shame.

He is directing again. I'm not overly excited about this, aside from two very good action scenes (the bar fight and the church scene) I felt the first was fairly average stuff. The cast to this looks good though and one of the things I was curious about was why all the members of this international spy agency with no national allegiances were all British.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I took it that a large proportion of the world must have killed each other toward the end of the last film, I wonder if they'll reference that at all. Mind you, if they're just going to gloss over someone getting shot in the head and being dead then I suppose continuity isn't really high on the list of priorities.

Disappointed they had to go put an American agent in it. Part of the charm of the first one was the Britishness of it all (bar Samuel L obviously), but no - we have to Hollywood this up since it's popular, in you go Channing... ah, maybe I'm being cynical. Might work out, who knows.

Still looking forward to it immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

The golden circle? Finally someone is going to take out the Anglo Irish guys!!!

Sorry couldn't resist. I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Spoilers JP Liz, we aren't allowed mention Elton John.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Pedro Pascal is an absolutely brilliant casting choice for (I would have to assume) a Villain. Anyone who has seen Game of thrones obviously knows he can do a fight scene and had a real charm.

As for Channing Tatum I like him too so I'm all over this. Delighted with the spoiler up. In the OP too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

The first film was awful.

Reminded me of one of those bad Danny Dyer movies but with a bigger budget. Puerile nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'm not a fan of Dyer/Statham or stuff like that but loved the first one, a bit of a camp, violent John LeCarre film, worked for me.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,323 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Ah is that trailer actually just a huge spoiler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I thought I was looking at Rob Lowe's Number 2 from Austin Powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Joeface wrote:
    Ah is that trailer actually just a huge spoiler?

He gets top billing on the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

FunLover18 wrote: »
    He gets top billing on the poster.

Not to mention the teaser poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Suppose if I had actually seen a poster that would have helped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New TV Spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

There's more than a whiff of 'Kickass 2' about this TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

conorhal wrote: »
    There's more than a whiff of 'Kickass 2' about this TBH.

I wouldnt be as worried as that tbh, Matthew Vaughn directed the first kickass but didnt the second (some hack did). Where here, Vaughn directed both kingsman movies..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Red Band trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Archer crossover! :D

Also.. non red-band.. eh.. if ya want :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 houlihand

Looking forward to this!

Advertisement