Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PostMan thinks I am a terrorist

Options
  • 14-04-2016 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

This is no joke. It all started when I ordered some electronics off the internet (magnetic levitation kit). I have had a number of electronics projects over the years and accumulated quite a bit of electronics gear.

So to cut a long story short my kitchen table is completely visible from the front door. All one has to do is peep in and they can see everything on the table. While doing this levitation project i covered the table in all sorts of electronics stuff and just left it there for weeks. I know for a fact that he noticed because he asked me if I was an engineer out of the blue one day. I told him I was back in college doing software development. This leads me to part two of why my postman thinks I am a terrorist.

I had put the electronics project to the side because i needed to finish some college projects. I kept everything on the table because i thought i would be back to it in no time. I was wrong.

I was spending so much time on these projects that i barely shaved or showered for weeks and so grew a nice big beard. I had never had a beard so this was out of the norm for me.

That week i noticed the postman acting strange. He would not be himself and i definitely noticed him being a bit standoffish. And this brings me to the final reason why my postman thinks i am a terrorist.

The post arrives 1pm everyday. Early in the week i decided to shave my head. The most ideal socket was near the table in the front room (the one with all the electronics etc). I lay a towel down and knelt right near the window by the front door. Just before the postman arrived i was on my knees bowing up and down trying to pick through the different blade heads. I would reach for one bring it up to me and put down again. It really would look like i was praying.

He saw me do this and instead of knocking on the door to hand the post (we have no post box). He just opened the door and fired it in. This is really unlike the postman. I then started thinking and came to the conclusion based on all the events he must have seen that he must think i have joined isis or something. anyway thats my story.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Cool story brah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Greet him with a bit of Arabic the next time you see him, that'll but him at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Next time prank him with a backpack...drop it at his feet and run like this fella...

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Change your doorbell to the sound of you screaming "Allahu Akbar".

Video tape what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Have a wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,750 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Get a big pole stick it in your front garden and stick up a directional sign post with Mecca written on it, should fix any problems......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Have a wash.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Order two tonnes of fertilizer, for the attention of Mr P O'Neill.

That should have the ARU round pretty sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Post an old school style alarm clock to yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maybe he's a bit standoff-ish because your gaff is a mess with **** everywhere and you stink?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,852 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

A friend of mine was always joking that she didn't need a man because her Rabbit was far better. We got a cardboard tube about 3 feet long & filled it with sweets. We printed off the Ann Summers logo from their website including the "how to achieve the big O" tagline, stuck it on the tube & posted it to her.

She described how the Postman was desperately trying to keep a straight face & over the next days started winking at her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

Just leave an empty booze bottle on the table along with a few empty pork scratchings and smokey bacon crisp wrappers. That's should dispel any suspicions he might have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

He probably just thinks you're a smelly weirdo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Simple, order a copy of the Qu'ran and see how he delivers it, maybe answer the door asking him how many virgins he expects to receive when he meets his false God.

That will settle any nerves he has surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,162 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Throw a package at him, slam the door and ran away screaming.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Sounds like something from a Mr bean like situational comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I think your postman just thiinnks your weird and doesnt want to talk to you OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Next time you talk to him mention something like "Youre not planning a holiday around the end of July are you?" - if he says no just say, "Oh good, Ive always liked you"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get offended and claim not all bogwalruses are terrorists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭josip

Order two tonnes of fertilizer, for the attention of Mr P O'Neill.

That should have the ARU round pretty sharpish.

Unless it's 10-10-20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

josip wrote: »
    Unless it's 10-10-20

I'm guessing this is a hilarious farmer in-joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Think you'd scare him even more if he saw you levitating.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

So I noticed you haven't said you aren't making bombs? Maybe the post man's suspicions are correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Tell him he seems like a nice guy and to stay out of a certain nearby town/city at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

At least he wont try ride ur wife,postmen are notorious for this, second only to milkmen its said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Clickbait title for a makey up story.

Surprised it's not the Indo knocking on your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Methinks the OP doth protest too much...

Who would win in a fight OP, Jesus, Muhammad or Moses?

That's Jesus Chavez
    Muhammad Ali or
    Paulus Moses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not convinced that you even have a postman!

Advertisement