Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Erne loses the Irish Open 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Brilliant course and venue.

K club was a silly pick - in fact Lough Erne should be on it, and K club should never have been picked.

Surely the 10th anniversary of the Ryder Cup played a big role there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Seve OB wrote: »
    So you won't be looking for a ticket then :D :P

I will be... anybody on here got any access to comps for saturday and sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I suspect that's the reason. For these events to be a success, you need crowds and if it's inaccessible, you just won't get them.

So why give it to them in the first place if that's the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,494 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

PARlance wrote: »
    So why give it to them in the first place if that's the reason?
    I don't know. It seems the new European tour CEO made the decision and it's not clear what the reasons were. If there were access issues, that would be a factor as well as whether they would get the same kind of support from the players as last year. This year doesn't look as good either and maybe that was a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

According to a local pro lough erne lost it for two reasons. 1 was money as the new owners were not willing to put the money into sup port it. 2 was Rory has no love for the place since the original owners were taking over by nama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ForeRight wrote: »
    If only it was possible to see them all play off the backs in The European Club.
    I'd love to see how they get on bring so familiar with the place myself

Won't happen. Killeen Castle were looking for it a couple of years ago and wanted to play it off the blacks (7700 yards), but the tour said if they got it they wouldn't be allowed to play it at that length, among other stipulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

According to a local pro lough erne lost it for two reasons. 1 was money as the new owners were not willing to put the money into sup port it. 2 was Rory has no love for the place since the original owners were taking over by nama.

Does that mean they have taken down all his photos? You couldn't go anywhere in the place without him looking at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

fullstop wrote: »
    Won't happen. Killeen Castle were looking for it a couple of years ago and wanted to play it off the blacks (7700 yards), but the tour said if they got it they wouldn't be allowed to play it at that length, among other stipulations.

Tour pros are a delicate breed, thing up in Portrush they played of some forward tees and any sign of a bit of wind and rain they are crying out for delays!

Advertisement